[Request] ISO Download for VS 17

ais

Hi Jan,

Thanks for Windows ISO Down-loader Helped me a lot.

A Request Can you create or add option to download visual studio 2017 in compressed ISO.

BTW have you heard of "TEAMOS-HKRG" there is a member "The Rain" His/Her torrent for windows iso are truly compressed 

I downloaded File Sizes "16 GB Visual Studio 2017" and when opened it was 56 GB of Sized VS17 Pro,Community and Enterprise Edition.

Hi,

ISO images for VS 2017 don't exist. Please have a look here for instructions how to create an offline installer:

https://www.visualstudio.com/de/vs/support/can-find-iso-images/

We don't link to unofficial (pirated) downloads here (including torrents).

Having said that, I can fully understand the desire for a compressed VS2017 download. The current process is a pain in the neck indeed.

Hi,

I know VS17 ISO doesn't exist as we have to create via downloading file from server but isn't there any process to download file manually as if connection is terminated or the process become laggy and sometimes starts from Starting. I tried downloading but have no success.

I also doesn't like downloading unofficial ISO prefer from Microsoft Site only. I was just asking that how the heck to compress 56 GB ISO to 13~18 GB ISO.

I'm attaching 2 Images 1. ISO Detail of Torrent 2. When I asked about the Compression from Uploader

ISO Detail.JPG

Uploader Comment.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 8:56 AM, ais said:

I downloaded File Sizes "16 GB Visual Studio 2017" and when opened it was 56 GB of Sized VS17 Pro,Community and Enterprise Edition.

logical, because most of the files are the same

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/oscdimg-command-line-options#optim

example:

oscdimg.exe -t10/13/2017,00:00 -os -h -m -n -l15.4.27004.2002 C:\VS_ALL\1 C:\VS_ALL\VS2017_15.4.27004.2002.iso

Edited by c3rt