how 2 add a 3rd party app to runonce..syntax,other questions

Cobb Scouse

Hello Wincert forum members,

I have been a long time on/off user of various versions of Windows XP (modded,and stock OEM...as a PC OS hobbyist...),and have run into a problem i was hoping some Wincert IT types could help me to successfully accomplish....

that being said,i am looking for a way to install a few 3rd party freeware (yes...freeware...not nagware,freemiumware,nor trialware)apps during the last 13 minutes or less of Windows XP GUI Mode...so would anyone one know how the syntax for nLite runonce (gui runonce??)options or another way to install my apps silently,and before windows xp setup launches XP desktop settings???

I have recently "noticed",and "noted" that Windows XP has not been supported since year 2014...and that i no longer can find the MSFN unattended XP guide online(if anyone has a "link" to the MSFN XP unattended guide in PDF format...would like a "valid" link in your reply...; )

Thanks in advance for any,all replies to this thread...

Download some nLite addons and study how they are made, it's not rocket science.

In a nutshell, you need to package your silent installer inside a folder named svcpack, and create a text file named ENTRIES_name_of_the prog.INI

You only have two sections mandatory:

[EditFile] & [AddProgram]

example (in this case the file wrarsfx.exe will be copied in the folder i386/svcpack of XP install and executed at T-13):

[general]
builddate=03/12/2013
description=WinRAR Corp
language=Francais
title=WinRAR
version=5.01
website=http://www.rarlabs.com

[EditFile]
SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
wrarsfx.exe

If you want to launch some files at first login, In last_session.ini, you can add command lines in [GuiRunOnce] section, example:

[GuiRunOnce]
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\PROGS\REG.EXE