• Windows 8
    • Windows 8.1
    • Windows 10
    • Windows Server 2003
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows Server 2012
    • Windows Server 2016
    • Other
  2. 2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

• Windows 1.x to 3.x
    • Windows NT 3.x to 5.0
    • Windows 95 to ME
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8.x
    • Windows 10
    • Windows Server (2003 to 2008)
    • Windows Server (2012 to 2016)
    • Other

Using Windows 10 since I'm always up-to-date with the latest version of the Microsoft operating system, although I don't like where Windows 10 is going.I prefer Windows 7 look anytime over Windows 10 since I just can't get used to that UWP look.

Other than that, Windows 10 is very stable OS and I can't say that I had issues with it.

I love Windows XP as I've been using it for a decade and a half. Windows 10 is always stable with exciting new features, so Windows XP is my favorite and Windows 10 is the one that am currently using. I don't like Windows 7 at all as it gave me a terrible first impression, such a the start menu, the taskbar and Internet Explorer. Windows 8 is good in appearance but I've never really used it.

I did use Windows Vista for some time, but gave up soon. The design is pretty much the same as Windows 7 and the default background is meaningless. Other versions of Windows I like is Windows 1.0 (not kidding) as I've been using it for 3 years and half, much easier than DOS Shell. Windows 2.x is the same, so my company didn't upgrade till Windows 3.1 came out. Windows 3.1 is better in my point of view as I can organize my programs well, I don't have to browse to the directory and launch them manually.

Windows 95, 98 were alright for me and I've been on them for a good 5 years until Windows XP came out. Windows XP is great! It has all those amazing features, better compatibility, less requirements, faster, more stable (no BSOD for excel or Lotus 123 crashing) and more secure.

Personally, I believe Windows 1.0, Windows 3.x, Windows 95 and Windows XP should be remembered, Windows 1.0 is the first version of Windows which built the path to the success of Microsoft Windows. Windows 3.x first introduced a shell instead of MS-DOS Executive, which is an astronomical change and a big step up for Windows. Windows 95 made Bill Gates and Microsoft rich, it introduced 32-bit architecture, Start button, Start menu, Windows Explorer Shell, Internet Explorer and other great features that are still present in Windows 10 today. Windows XP should be considered as the best and the most successful version of Windows as it introduced 64 Bit (IA-64 and AMD64) architecture, the Luna theme. It is also more stable, more reliable and secure.

Regards,

SnowBall

Edited by SnowBall

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...