DELL service tag.

podkaracz

Are you sure there are updated iso files?

My understanding was that whenever Dell makes a new iso file available, it could be downloaded with existing service tags, but maybe I'm mistaken about that.

Anyway, if you provide a service tag that qualifies for a file that's not yet available through the tool, just let me know the tag, and I'll make an update available.

I also have a few Windows XP Dell OEM images but not from service tags. I got them years ago and they are still sitting on my hard drive😁. The Windows 7 image was last updated in 2016... Unlikely Dell is going to update it...

Not sure if it is possible to find a service tag that could unlock Windows XP Downloads.

Regards,

SnowBall

Probably. I had a huge list of service tags that I've been collecting since 2006 and I put them in one by one, 90% didn't work and non of them unlocks any Vista or XP. Really ond service tags won't work.

Downloading anything Pre-Vista from Microsoft for free is almost impossible... It would be good if some OEMs still have them for download. Anyway,  I am sure not a lot of people want to use the unsupported Vista and XP is just dying.

Now people should prioritize on Windows 7 and Office 2010 as the extended support will end soon. Who knows when Microsoft will take down all the Windows 7 downloads just like Office 2007. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dell never provided a ISO for Windows XP or Windows Vista (each system shipped with a CD or DVD) and will be unlikely to do so as the Operating Systems are End of Life. Microsoft also removed the setup files for Windows Vista which it had available.

For Windows 10, Dell doesn't state the Build or Version of Windows 10 in the Dell OS Recovery Tool...

For an XPS 9365 a Windows 10 Pro 5.55 GB ISO is offered. For an XPS 9365 Windows 10 Home 5.59 GB ISO is offered. Both offer a 651 MB OS Recovery Assistant Image (I've never used this). An OptiPlex 7060 with Windows 10 Pro also has a 5.55 GB ISO so I assume it is the same image. These are systems  form last year but still being sold.

An OptiPlex 7040 gives Windows 10 Pro with a 5.55 GB ISO.

I can download these at home later to test and determine the build.

Okay so we have the following which are Version 1809. They should be the first ISOs listed in the Windows ISO Download Tool when a XPS 13 9360 is selected for Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home respectively. Details from: 

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.esd /index:1

201YYA02_Win10x64ROW_home
MD5: e573698894c91515c81a23a46f917a36
Name : Windows 10 Home
WIM Bootable : No
Architecture : x64
Version : 10.0.17763 (Version 1809)
Created 06 Feb 2019

Languages :
        ar-SA
        cs-CZ
        da-DK
        de-DE
        el-GR
        en-US (Default)
        es-ES
        fi-FI
        fr-FR
        he-IL
        hu-HU
        it-IT
        nb-NO
        nl-NL
        pl-PL
        pt-BR
        pt-PT
        ro-RO
        ru-RU
        sk-SK
        sl-SI
        sv-SE
        tr-TR
        uk-UA

MVGG5A02_W10x64ROW_pro
MD5: b902f1e6a9fee597e8416f11ab3b2be7
Name : Windows 10 Pro
Architecture : x64
Version : 10.0.17763 (Version 1809)
Created 06 Feb 2019

Languages :
        ar-SA
        cs-CZ
        da-DK
        de-DE
        el-GR
        en-US (Default)
        es-ES
        fi-FI
        fr-FR
        he-IL
        hu-HU
        it-IT
        nb-NO
        nl-NL
        pl-PL
        pt-BR
        pt-PT
        ro-RO
        ru-RU
        sk-SK
        sl-SI
        sv-SE
        tr-TR

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:59 AM, Philip Yip said:

Dell never provided a ISO for Windows XP or Windows Vista (each system shipped with a CD or DVD) and will be unlikely to do so as the Operating Systems are End of Life. Microsoft also removed the setup files for Windows Vista which it had available.

for XP no

for Vista, yes (my brother & I bought a Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop for my mom back in mid-2007 which did come with a Dell OEM DVD disc of Vista Home Basic 32bit edition); if you mean provided by a "download" then probably not

Edited by erpster9

On 4/20/2019 at 6:11 PM, erpster9 said:

for XP no

for Vista, yes (my brother & I bought a Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop for my mom back in mid-2007 which did come with a Dell OEM DVD disc of Vista Home Basic 32bit edition); if you mean provided by a "download" then probably not

As I said the systems shipped with a Dell Windows Vista "Edition" Reinstallation DVD, Dell did not provide a ISO file to Download. In any case the Operating System Reached End of Life 2 years ago and is no longer supported by Microsoft.

All systems Dell sold with Windows Vista are over a decade old and long past the system's warranty period so not supported by Dell either... These 2006-2009 models should run Windows 10 32 Bit without an issue. At this stage running Windows 10 32 Bit even unlicensed without a Product Key is more functional (even with all the personalisation options greyed out) and more secure than running Windows Vista 32 Bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 5:01 AM, SnowBall said:

Probably. I had a huge list of service tags that I've been collecting since 2006 and I put them in one by one, 90% didn't work and non of them unlocks any Vista or XP. Really ond service tags won't work.

Downloading anything Pre-Vista from Microsoft for free is almost impossible... It would be good if some OEMs still have them for download. Anyway,  I am sure not a lot of people want to use the unsupported Vista and XP is just dying.

Now people should prioritize on Windows 7 and Office 2010 as the extended support will end soon. Who knows when Microsoft will take down all the Windows 7 downloads just like Office 2007. 

I have several OEM XP iso images to share. PM for details