Windows ISO Downloader not working

Mati089

image.thumb.png.04b8fcb4641710aa4440c8771897a7b3.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Windows_ISO_Downloader.Form1.DisplayTechbench()
   at Windows_ISO_Downloader.Form1.RadioButton3_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Windows-ISO-Downloader
    Assembly Version: 8.7.0.116
    Win32 Version: 8.07.0.0116
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/JWAR/Downloads/Windows-ISO-Downloader.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Web
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3282.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Please don't get offended but do you have a brain or anything similar? The ISO Downloader will not be generating any links on 21st but what is today's date? I hope you are smart enough to figure out what 24 hours mean... (hint: 23 hours and 56 minutes = 1 day)

Regards,

SnowBall

Snowball...this isn't related to the issue from the 21st.

The date and time are now:  Saturday, March 23RD at 7:31pm MDT (UTC -7).

I'm having the same exact error and it is past the 24 hour period. In Europe it's the 24TH.

The problem still exists, but is not a consistent issue with the entire application.

Some of the buttons do not have this problem...

In the Windows section, these two buttons work:
Windows 7 (August 2018)
Dell

The entire Office section works.

In the Other section, this button works:
Microsoft Expression

Also, the Settings menu works.

Edited by Steve Sybesma

Look, the BUG is not related to the PROTEST!!! All of you should learn how to read more carefully!

@Steve Sybesma, I am not as dumb as you thought... My post was for Mati089 who can't understand how long is 24 hours... I know it is a bug that preventing you from getting Windows 10 and other Microsoft page related downloads. You could go and decompile the ISO Downloader then make a few modifications to remove that bug but it is pretty useless.

Windows-ISO-Downloader-8-07.png

Edited by SnowBall

Sorry for spamming but version 8.06 works... Download that version and you can generate links without getting the error. Because the ISO Downloader is server based, you can use older versions to generate new links even the product you need was added afterwards (don't try really old versions that uses TechBench).

Regards,

SnowBall

I hope you know the fact 1508 doesn't exist. I will give you 1507 Home/Pro en-us since you didn't say which edition you want.

https://software-download.microsoft.com/sg/Win10_English_x64.iso?t=c4c18f9a-dd57-4f6c-8cdc-8aae2df180c0&e=1553508859&h=d048fed598983090fd98a9a049e45178

It will expire in 24 hours, so be quick.

I can't send you my modified ISO Downloader, sorry. You can try to fiddle with it and see if you can do something to it... I don't know much about the server so my fix is just rubbish... Jan will fix it and update it soon.

Regards,

SnowBall

Edited by SnowBall

14 hours ago, SnowBall said:

Sorry for spamming but version 8.06 works... Download that version and you can generate links without getting the error. Because the ISO Downloader is server based, you can use older versions to generate new links even the product you need was added afterwards (don't try really old versions that uses TechBench).

Regards,

SnowBall

where can v8.06 be downloaded?  Heidoc.net site offers latest version only (v8.07)

@SnowBall My question was why the windows iso downloader does not work, because it has already passed March 21, it is already 24 and still does not work, and only because I asked such a question, I know that the break was supposed to last 1 day, and it lasts for 3-4 days...

I just asked very nicely, and you are attacking me...

The application still does not work ... does anyone know when it will work?

Screenshot_1.png

Here's some info from the FAQ:

Q: I'm experiencing one of the following symptoms:

• After selecting a software version, everything grays out and freezes.
  • I'm receiving the popup message "ERROR. Please check your internet connection."
  • I'm receiving an error message in the status bar.

A: This is your local connection issue, and can have a number of root causes:

• You have modified your HOSTS file. Please remove the following two lines.
    0.0.0.0 aa.online-metrix.net
    0.0.0.0 c.bing.com
  • You have installed software that prevents scripts from modifying secure websites, such as certain adblockers, firewalls or similar security related software.
  • You have disabled TLS 1.2 in your internet settings. You can enable it again in the control panel in the Internet Options category.
  • In rare cases, starting the tool as administrator can resolve the issue.
  • In rare cases, installing the latest Windows updates, or updating Internet Explorer or the .NET framework to the latest version can resolve the issue.

Besides this information, upgrading to MSIE 11 also frequently solves the issue (I need to add that to the FAQ...)

• After selecting a software version, everything grays out and freezes.

what can I do to not have it???

Nowhere about it, and I have no problem with the internet, no mistake is displayed.

When I click on "windows 10" a gray screen is displayed, and as if every 5 seconds it was refreshed on the gray screen

Edited by Mati089

8 minutes ago, Mati089 said:

what can I do to not have it???

It's your local connection issue. Something is blocking the application's access to microsoft.com.

You can go through the steps from the FAQ one by one until the issue is solved.

A: This is your local connection issue, and can have a number of root causes:

• You have modified your HOSTS file. Please remove the following two lines.
    0.0.0.0 aa.online-metrix.net
    0.0.0.0 c.bing.com
  • You have installed software that prevents scripts from modifying secure websites, such as certain adblockers, firewalls or similar security related software.
  • You have disabled TLS 1.2 in your internet settings. You can enable it again in the control panel in the Internet Options category.
  • In rare cases, starting the tool as administrator can resolve the issue.
  • In rare cases, installing the latest Windows updates, or updating Internet Explorer or the .NET framework to the latest version can resolve the issue.

I will do everything as you say

• I have not modified this file so it's ok
  • I have adblock in chrome, I do not use internet explorer = Do I have to delete it?          Windows firewall doing something?
  • I turned it on.
  • I tried and it did not work
  • windows current, .NET also current, internet exlorer now updated to version 11
Edited by Mati089

8 hours ago, Mati089 said:

@SnowBall Okay, God... 
Calm down man..

It was enough to respond normally... thanks!

subject to be closed!

Not trying to be mean or anything... Sometimes, people just can't understand what is being said and it can be quite frustrating... The bug has been reported and people is still relating it to the protest... Many people now days don't take the time to read everything. If what I said previously hurt your feelings or anything, sorry😅.

5 hours ago, Mati089 said:

Okey is working! :D

Thanks man, the problem was probably to install internet explorer 11

Urr... I bet most of the times, problems were caused by IE and as I said before, making an online ISO Downloader will eliminate potential issues and it can be accessed by other operating systems.

5 minutes ago, SnowBall said:

Not trying to be mean or anything... Sometimes, people just can't understand what is being said and it can be quite frustrating... The bug has been reported and people is still relating it to the protest... Many people now days don't take the time to read everything. If what I said previously hurt your feelings or anything, sorry😅.

No problem man.The main thing is that everything has been solved.Thanks also for help. :)