[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Thanks for this mate, works well expect it sends my CPU to over 100% and freezes a little when i open the gallery.

About the Amnesty Generator addon thing in your post, are all the gadgets from that flash or whatever the normal sidebar gadgets are? Because Flash overheats my laptop :sweatingbullets:

Anyone gonna answer?...

and what's this nlite thing you're all saying you need for the sidebar? i don't have it :confused02:

The Alpha Gamer

As far as i know nLite is used for making slipstreamed versions of XP, so you could have it so that when you install XP the sidebar is installed too.

You dont need it to run the sidebar.

Rick

In the new version of sidebar (v6.0.6001.16659) has the tray icon been removed?

I have noticed mine is no longer there and i can only think it would have happened after the update..

Rick

In the new version of sidebar (v6.0.6001.16659) has the tray icon been removed?

I have noticed mine is no longer there and i can only think it would have happened after the update..

Did you add the "Uninstall" Gadgets fix by cihan posted HERE?

If so then that is the problem.

Rick can you help me every time i installed the vista RTM sidebar and a couple of days later my clock goes all mad i click on the optines for the clock gadget.

the clock pictures don't display propley anymore i try to change it to another clock picture and add the second hand to the clock, when i press the ok button the clock does not change at all :angry:

My computer is a Sony Vaio, windows xp home edition.

PS when i had windows vista installed on my computer and i had the sidebar on my desktop the same thing happend too the clock gadget on the windows siebar.

Sorry i can't give you a picture of the problem bacuase i am in college. :blush:

SO WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO HELP ME PLEASE!

Sorry is that sound a bit checky. On the last part. :blush:

hi,

i want to install Windows Vista SP1 Sidebar, but i need Wireless Lan KB940541 Hotfix in portuguese and he does not exist yet.

Any one have a solution??

Yes... Install this version of W-Lan http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...71-158efd1ada50

Now before you try to install the Windows Sidebar you have to edit/delete a line in Sidebar.inf

[Alky.NLSDL.WLAN.Check]

49000=Alky.Prerequisite,22

49001=NLSDL.Prerequisite,22

49002=WLAN.Prerequisite,22 ;<- Delete This Line

Now install it as stated in the instructions

Problem!!!

Gadget WiFi does not work... Does not display a level of a signal and writes Disconect.

Fix KB918997 and KB940541 - are established.

A file wlanutil.dll I can not find. If it to establish it will help?

How to correct this problem?

Gadget NetWork Traffik 1.3 too does not work. In adjustments there are no interfaces. At me the satellite Internet.

post-4347-1192375956_thumb.jpg

Edited by atulainov

For me do not work Gadgets:

Internet GPRS Traffic 1.0.0.0, Network Utilization 1.2.1.2 and Network Traffic 1.3. They do not define Network Interface.

And Gadget... Net Activity and Net Monitor - works normally.

Something can at me is not filled?

Excuse for bad English...

Rick can you help me every time i installed the vista RTM sidebar and a couple of days later my clock goes all mad i click on the optines for the clock gadget.

I too have noticed some funny things with the clock.

Every now and again it will just stop telling the time (it will just stop, like a flat battery)

Closing and reopening the sidebar fixes the problem

Problem!!!

Gadget WiFi does not work... Does not display a level of a signal and writes Disconect.

Fix KB918997 and KB940541 - are established.

A file wlanutil.dll I can not find. If it to establish it will help?

How to correct this problem?

Gadget NetWork Traffik 1.3 too does not work. In adjustments there are no interfaces. At me the satellite Internet.

post-4347-1192375956_thumb.jpg

are you using windows to manage your wifi or another app.? I had intel software manage mine and the wifi gadget would not work, but as soon i selected windows to manage the gadget began working.

No kicko I read his post on AeroXperience and he is not using this sidebar or the new Alky for Apps. He expects it to work on VAIO and 5744 sidebar

OS - Windows XP Prof SP2

Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 - 2.0 it is installed

I use VAIO the old version from Vista 5744 Sidebar v2.2

Device Broadcom 802.11g

All Gadgets I do not work and write Disconect

P.S. Sorry... for bad English....

Rick how can i use the snipping tool gadget for the windows vista rtm sidebar for xp?

Because when i try to install it in my computer it's says it's requires a windows xp tablet pc

is there any way to download a program to fool the softwear for the snipping tool to make it think my pc is a tablet pc?

It would be great if we can get it to work on xp :thumbsup_anim:

So can you help me ?

here is the link for the snipping tool gadget....

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.asp...2b4367&bt=9

Hi there,

I have created my own XP with SideBar and have the following error message:

.NET Runtime 2.0 Error

Faulting application sidebar.exe, version 6.0.6001.16633, stamp 46b3eb94, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, stamp 46239f3f, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a7b.

Previous Setup: WORKS 100%

Kels_Runtimes_addon_v3.3.CAB -> VB,C+ No DotNet stuff

Ricks_WindowsSidebar_AlkyXP1.0_AddOn_70922.7z -> its not the latest

No DotNet runtimes

New Setup: Does NOT Work

RogueSpearAddonsRuntimes_2.7.1.zip -> contains Net1 and Net2, Java,C++, etc

Ricks_WindowsSidebar_AlkyXP1.0_AddOn_70922.7z

Do you think its a fault of the runtimes being added? possible compatibility issue ? Do i need the new WindowsSideBar?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks all

SickDog