[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Man you are talking about @ 1800 files in @ 50 folders not to mention all of the reg entries. :o

We could make an actual installer for in BUT we would rather spend the time improving on it and our other projests.

You'll just hafta stick to the manual method shown in the second post.

I see no bug in it except the installer. InstallShield or other programs can do it ;)

Love the look of this and great work there Rick, but for the life of me I can't work out how and where to download it and also is it just me or is sokoolz.com not working at all and if so is there any other place I can view install video or download installer please?

EDIT - Ok it seems sokoolz is back online so was able to get it thank you..:)

Edited by Intrepid

Man you are talking about @ 1800 files in @ 50 folders not to mention all of the reg entries. :o

We could make an actual installer for in BUT we would rather spend the time improving on it and our other projests.

You'll just hafta stick to the manual method shown in the second post.

If you would read a few posts back you would have found your answer...

rick im having a problem with my favorite gadgets, they are not working, i got the sidebar working for x64 windows, from what raymond said by getting the sidebar on keznews, i took out vaio that was included with the installer and put in alky, so far all is good, but the gadgets made my SFkilla just arnt working, the problem is similar to the black box gadgets problem ive upped a pic to show you, if you think you can help please say so, also does the sidebar styler work for this sidebar because i installed the x64 sidebar installer and so far no luck

thanks

sidebarproblems.jpg

IN DESPERATE NEEDING OF PTB VERSION OF 940541!!!

Despite that, great work rick! I've been using your sidebar for more than a year now, and it's just awesome!

I'm having the trouble with 940541 'cause, apparently changing Regional Settings and such, isn't working here, and I lost my copy of the PTB (Portuguese -Brazilian) 940541 hotfix after a... unwanted disaster.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated =]

Cya'll later.

ok so the sidebar works great !

what im having problems with is an error message when i restart the computer,

that started happening after i installed the hotfix.

i use the Vista Inspirat extension if that helps

6x1upo8.jpg

if you could help thanks.

i know its only 1 error message. but i realy like being able to have a good clean system.

strange, when i was running on the server 2008 sp1 sidebar i had no problems at all, then i was running on x86 could this possibly be part of it, i even tried to download older versions and no luck so idk but these were my favorite gadgets

12-04-07

- Sidebar is back to RTM version

- Added a couple new gadgets

- Separated KB940541 for SP3 compatibility

i have been useing the afa sidebar and have found only about 4 gadgets i cant run in it so what is diffarnt with the RVM version ?? the gadgets i cant run are the volume control hold em and system info as well as the hobby lounge skin gadget every thing else i have downloaded works sorry to ask but im new to this :sweatingbullets:

Edited by ezemjcsd

hey rick just realized its probably now possible to get the sidebar working for xp x64 manually by copying the dlls n wutnot to the syswow64 folder then taking the windows sidebar folder from an x86 machine which has the manifest dlls, im not sure at all of this will work but i think it seems logical because the sidebar is calling for files from the update: KB940541, and i dont think it matters how KB940541 it is installed meaning automatically with the .exe or manually my method because its calling for those files idk if i explained that good enough or not but ill try it in a few and get back to ya on it,

rick idk if you know where the files go but if you could tell me the specific directory the following files were meant to go on a x86 system please tell me

msxml6.dll

msxml6r.dll

wlanapi.dll

Entries_KB940541.ini

wlanapi.inf (if that was originally intended to go on an x86 system with the original KB940541.exe)

all the .xsd files in your KB940541 addon (too many to list)

the KB940541 security file found in the svcpack folder in your addon

thanks rick

Edited by blind031