[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

u need dll file as the link you show about said. the uninstill fixs was coming out in alky 1.1 but i dont no how long we have to wait for this as alky is no more and has gone open source.

i did, and installed it in the directory, but it still not working. :crying_anim02:

:crying_anim02: anyone could help please?

i have alky, but the problem won't go away.

First, uninstall both the sidebar and alky. Reboot. Then reinstall alky. Reboot again. Install sidebar and the problem is fixed! I've had that problem.

Did you replace the original dll in C:\Program Files\Alky for Applications\Libraries? If you didn't, that's your problem.

I didn't copy to there and it works for me. The instructions were "(Exit Sidebar and Copy to Windows Sidebar Folder)" and that's where I copied it to. The drawback is that you lose the Windows Sidebar tasktray icon.

Did you replace the original dll in C:\Program Files\Alky for Applications\Libraries? If you didn't, that's your problem.

have you got a direct link to the vADVAPI32.dll file, because i don't think i downloaded the right dll file

is there any other way to uninstall it? because when i want to uninstall that same pop up comes up and won't uninstall as well, i'm getting bugged out by it because its stuffing up my system and i can't find anything or anyone to help me!

have you got a direct link to the vADVAPI32.dll file, because i don't think i downloaded the right dll file

Your problem is that you didn't restart after you installed alky. And, Sidebar can not uninstall. When it gives you an error, just delete the Windows Sidebar folder and install it again...

I didn't copy to there and it works for me. The instructions were "(Exit Sidebar and Copy to Windows Sidebar Folder)" and that's where I copied it to. The drawback is that you lose the Windows Sidebar tasktray icon.

Okay, well, I copied to the Alky libraries folder and it worked. But, the systray icon disappears like you said.

Edited by Fishy

WOW long time since i have posted..... ANYWAY...

in Beta 3 of Windows Server 2008, Windows Sidebar was present but in RC0 and RC1 it has dissapeared.... now im thinking they just removed the app... but everything else is their...... is their anyway you can take the Vista X64 Windows Sidebar and its registry entries and make an installer for Server 2008 for me???

Please let me know what you need....

Thanks

WOW long time since i have posted..... ANYWAY...

in Beta 3 of Windows Server 2008, Windows Sidebar was present but in RC0 and RC1 it has dissapeared.... now im thinking they just removed the app... but everything else is their...... is their anyway you can take the Vista X64 Windows Sidebar and its registry entries and make an installer for Server 2008 for me???

Please let me know what you need....

Thanks

I suspect all you need to do is copy the "Windows Sidebar" folder to %ProgramFiles% and register the 2 DLLs (sbdrop and wlsrvc) then run sidebar.exe /RegServer and give it a go

That is how I register the sidebar on XP ;)

Hi,

I need a mirror for the Alky 1.0 download... please!

Thank you!

You can find the Alky for Applications MSI installer inside Alky_XP.exe silent switch installer (just uncompress it with WinRAR or 7zip)

You can find the Alky for Applications MSI installer inside Alky_XP.exe silent switch installer (just uncompress it with WinRAR or 7zip)

Have had to do a reformat so a fresh install so forgive my ignorance but it seems Alky has gone and there is no .exe or installer available or am I not seeing right?

Rick i have got 2 problems with my Nero gadget and all my wireless gadgets.

all my wireless gadgets shows at 0%

I downloaded the nero gadget.exe agers ago off this site but when after i installed it i get this error...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3558/problemxi2.png

I think it's becuase it's a old verison of it.

OR

Is this because i have got ALKY installed and not the vaio one?

I have found the site with the nero gedget BUT which one shall i download now there is 4 of them NOW.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1143

And on the windows sidebar the nero gadget + the wireless gadget looks like this...

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4138/nowo...ggadgetsrn3.png

SO WHAT CAN I DO NOW? can you help me please. :help:

PS: i have Nero 8

Edited by pete

Rick i am using the new vision of the windows sidebar + the new Alky for Applications.

The only reson why the nero gadget is not working is becuase i have Alky for Applications installed and NOT the Vaio tools.

So i will download this one NERO DISK COPY gadget that works with Alky for Applications.

http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/Nero8.1.1.3DiscCopy.zip

To see if it works.

So why is my wireless gadgets showing at 0%?

I have reinstalled the windows sidebar BUT it's has not changed at all for the wireless gadgets. :grin:

Edited by pete

Rick i am using the new vision of the windows sidebar + the new Alky for Applications.

The only reson why the nero gadget is not working is becuase i have Alky for Applications installed and NOT the Vaio tools.

So i will download this one NERO DISK COPY gadget that works with Alky for Applications.

http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/Nero8.1.1.3DiscCopy.zip

To see if it works.

So why is my wireless gadgets showing at 0%?

I have reinstalled the windows sidebar BUT it's has not changed at all for the wireless gadgets. :grin:

I have the same problem -I might be a intel wireless pro problem -do you use that to control your wireless or windows itself??

Ruben