[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Your problem is that you didn't restart after you installed alky. And, Sidebar can not uninstall. When it gives you an error, just delete the Windows Sidebar folder and install it again...

i did, twice...and still kept getting the error :sleeping:

:confused02: Hi Rick. I have been having this problem for so long. Whenever i add the default weather gadget, and take the options dialog box, and wherever i click on the dialog box ( fields and radio buttons and the search button) it gives me a runtime error dialog box popup and i cant do anything, and it just keeps on saying getting data. And yes, i copied the dll, that is said in the FAQ. I really need this gadge. I have posted this sometimes before too, but neither you, nor anyone else responded. And, i heard that u somehow got the gadget uninstall problem fix. Can u tell me how to do this too, and give a link to the dll to patch ? Please, rick. Thanks for your help.

well I don't have a picture this moment

but I will explain

in program files\windows sidebar\shared gadgets

I have 95Gadgets

but in add window of sidebar I have only 50or less

and when I install new gadgets in local..............shared gadgets

some of them won't to appear in add window why?

do I have to do change in add remove when I install new gadgets

Edited by FXGT

Well I found somethig very interesting (now All my gadgets are show)

here what I do

in every gadget that I could not see is folder en-us, only copy fils from that folder into the folder of that gadget

that means that every gadget must have a HTM file to work properly.

Thank you very mach for this side bar it is very cool I like it so much you are THE BEST ave

one more thing only install the side bar no need to reg or something else (ofcourse IE7, media11, netframe2, alku and hotfix are instaled before install sidebar!!!

Edited by FXGT

If you have wlanapi.dll in system32 don't apply the hotfix (example SP3 and Server 2003 users)

Now I'm confused. Right now I have both hotfixes installed. Which one do I need? I'm assuming the one(KB918997) that I mentioned in my last post considering I had the other installed(KB940541) and the wireless gadgets did not work with it. The hotfix(KB940541) did place wlanapi.dll in system32 I think since it(wlanapi.dll) is dated with the same date as the hotfix(KB940541) installation.

WinXPSP2

Rick,

This is amazing! I looked at a lot of Sidebar knock-offs the other day, and your solution is definitely the closest to the real thing (especially with gadget installer)! This mod has been received very well so far at work, and many folks are now requesting it.

Thanks so much to you and the team for all your hard work!