[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Added new download button and faster mirror

chaox2 can you report that here?

Greg S the reason the sidebar does not delete the gadgets in Gadgets and Shared Gadgets dirs is because some other user may be using the exact same one so it will only hide it from you. You can restore it to your gallery by going in the sidebar properties and hit the "Restore gadgets installed with Windows" button or you could use the "Change" button in Add/Rem Programs

propssa5.png

Hi i'm having problems with my sidebar. It won't uninstall and also when i try to open the gadget gallery it freezes. I've tried the change button and it repairs itself fine with no problems and ive also reinstalled alky 1.1 and no difference. plz help

Hi i'm having problems with my sidebar. It won't uninstall and also when i try to open the gadget gallery it freezes. I've tried the change button and it repairs itself fine with no problems and ive also reinstalled alky 1.1 and no difference. plz help

Try deleting Settings.ini in this folder (close sidebar 1st)

"%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar"

sidebarcustomnc8.png

Hi Rick,

I will have a Sidebar without Shadow(Background), like the old Sidebar 16386.

sb1ju5.png

When I patch the Sidebar.exe with Restorator 2007 , change only RCData (the PNG 20034 and 20035) the Sidebar will not work.

Can you help ?

Edited by Spiderman-3

Hi Rick,

I will have a Sidebar without Shadow(Background), like the old Sidebar 16386.

sb1ju5.png

When I patch the Sidebar.exe with Restorator 2007 , change only RCData (the PNG 20034 and 20035) the Sidebar will not work.

Can you help ?

Spiderman-3, you have to patch a virgin/untouched sidebar.exe (one that has not been patched with alky)... So download these Windows SP1 Sidebar files, take sidebar.exe and patch it with your skin, then copy it to the Windows Sidebar dir and overwrite the old one

Now right click on sidebar.exe and choose "Patch and Run Vista Executable"

Spiderman-3, you have to patch a virgin/untouched sidebar.exe (one that has not been patched with alky)... So download these Windows SP1 Sidebar files, take sidebar.exe and patch it with your skin, then copy it to the Windows Sidebar dir and overwrite the old one

Now right click on sidebar.exe and choose "Patch and Run Vista Executable"

You are the best !!

I used the patched sidebar.exe from Package.

Now it works fine, my Glass Gadgets needs a transparent Background.

sidebarea3.png

Download, Sidebar Build 18000 "en-US" with no Skin (ready to use, patched with Alky 1.1):

http://rapidshare.com/files/103196504/Wind...idebar.rar.html

Thank you Rick !

Edited by Spiderman-3

I am confused - those language updates are for the older version??

Yes... I updated the addon with the newest Alky for Applications only, I used the RTM sidebar because thats the only version I have for that language. If they would upload the SP1 sidebar I would use that