[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Welcome here! ;)

What tool do You use to integrate this addon?

ps. Sveiks tautieti :D

hi there you can use Nlite

edit:sorry didn't see that ricks answered

Edited by Dark_Knight

oooh i found a problem-Zonealarm PRO 8 deny access..Installed Norton IS 2009, all fine :) But please, create gadget for Windows XP like this, which i attached..I see that it have wrong commands(Windows Vista fine,XP shows error)Well i very like its look (glow,icons,frame) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: PLEASE anyone :)

with commands i mean shutdown,restart,hibernate and sleep or lock

Please make these commands:

* -l Log off

* -s Shutdown the computer

* -r Shutdown and restart the computer

* -h Hibernate the local computer.

(%SystemRoot%\System32\shutdown.exe (this command)

preview: %SystemRoot%\System32\shutdown.exe -s

heres the link again:

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?ski...51&libid=63

I have framework version 2.0, maybe ill install 3.5.

I dont even think most people understand what the .net frameworks do for none developers. From the descriptions the general user is going to ask, "what the hell is it for?"

And actually from my perspective most people wont see any difference except to be able to run some odd or generally uncommon functionality that may not be worth it.

Funny how a tiny video player can have so much trouble, but I can open video files and play dvds without error. Kind of makes me crazy.

Ahh computers and thier many softwares, I find them funny. A digital world in its own.

Edit: Upgrading to .Net Framework 3.5 sp1 didn't work.

Edited by DarkSentinel

8- To have more gadgets auto install, uncompress the addon to a subdir, open Gadgets.exe in svcpack folder with WinRAR and drag & drop any extra gadgets you like...repack the addon and integrate.

Sorry if this has already been answered (I really couldn't find it in this thread), but I can't manage it to include my own gadgets in this addon :crying_anim02:

This is what I did: I unpacked rick's Sidebar-addon and opended the "gadgets.exe" with WinRar. Now I moved to one of the both "(Shared) Gadgets"-folders and simply copied my downloaded "*.gadget"-files. Then I compress all files back to a 7z-archive and included it in my nLite-ISO.

But this seems to be not enough...this gadgets don't appear (wether automatically nor manually) when the sidebar starts.

What went wrong? Do I have to do anything with my downloaded "*.gadget"-files before copying them into one of the above folders?

Best regards and thanks a lot for your help

cool400 :icon_cool:

P.S. Do I need the data.bin-file for some gadgets like Texas Hold'Em etc.? Is there a way to get this file without having to install Vista Ultimate (I have a valid-serial, but Vista is not installed right now)?

Edited by cool400

Sorry if this has already been answered (I really couldn't find it in this thread), but I can't manage it to include my own gadgets in this addon :crying_anim02:

This is what I did: I unpacked rick's Sidebar-addon and opended the "gadgets.exe" with WinRar. Now I moved to one of the both "(Shared) Gadgets"-folders and simply copied my downloaded "*.gadget"-files. Then I compress all files back to a 7z-archive and included it in my nLite-ISO.

But this seems to be not enough...this gadgets don't appear (wether automatically nor manually) when the sidebar starts.

What went wrong? Do I have to do anything with my downloaded "*.gadget"-files before copying them into one of the above folders?

Best regards and thanks a lot for your help

cool400 :icon_cool:

P.S. Do I need the data.bin-file for some gadgets like Texas Hold'Em etc.? Is there a way to get this file without having to install Vista Ultimate (I have a valid-serial, but Vista is not installed right now)?

well i will answer << if it`s not ok to answer then ok

well you need to install the gadget

and then go to your own (Shared) Gadgets folders you will find them uncompressed

that what you have to added to the gadgets.exe

no you don`t need a data.bin