[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

I have tried to follow the instructions here to install the Windows Sidebar on an XP SP2 system, but when I try to run it I get the following error message.

"Sorry. This application atempted to delay-load a library or function that does not exist. Instability may occur."

Any idea what to do?

You need wireless lan api hotfix, look in the FAQ for a link

Hi All!!

I just found this site and the Vista Sidebar and Alky programs. First want to say a huge thank you for those involved in making all this work.

My question:

I am running the "Wp-Corp Mail Checker" gadget. I use to run it under Vista, no problems. I have installed it with your Sidebar and Alky. It is running fine except... it has an option to view mail headers... then to be able to delete them. If I hit the delete button I get:

"A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you with to Debug? Line 0, Error: Object Required."

If I look at the debug info I see this in the script debug (Highlighted Yellow where the script was stopped):

if (tmp.disabled==false)

I also tried a couple of Volume Control gadgets and got similar runtime errors. I figured maybe they would not work as the volume control maybe different in Vista vs. XP.

Note that I have many other Gadgets both installed by default and added by me from Windows Vista site, and they appear to be working great.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Rayo

I installed the sidebar manually on WinXP SP3 and it worked fine. My hard drive crashed and opted for a new install on my new hard drive. I followed the steps to install manually just like the first time, but after the last reboot after installing the sidebar, the sidebar loads, but no gadgets are showing. Furhtermore, when I click "add gadgets" to add them manually, only the following show up: CPU Utilization, Digital Clock, Gadget Spacer, Joe.Joe.org, Media Player, Network Utilization, Power Gadget, Run Program, System Information and Vista Calculator.

The thing is I have Microsoft .Net 3.5 and 1.1 installed along with Microsoft Runtime Library C++ installed. If I navigate to the Sidebar directory, the rest of the gadgets are there. I tried copying them into the main folder, but nothing happens save the above list I gave appear twice. I've tried changing the local to what LCID give me, same thing. Even tried changing the local to en-US and same issue. Is there anything I'm missing?

Sounds like the locale of your PC has changed...open a CMD window and type LCID and hit enter

That is what your gadgets sub folders should look like xx-XX

If you want you can rename them to whatever it said when you typed LCID or you can give them en-US wich is universal

Edit: Aww crap, thats what I get for not reading the entier post

Sounds like you did everything correctly, all I can think of is reinstalling

Sounds like you did everything correctly, all I can think of is reinstalling

I've reinstalled it twice now with the exact same effect. I even did a fresh install again of Windows as I always install the sidebar before the rest of my applications, same result as described above.

I use this sidebar addon a lot and its always installed great ... thanks.

Just wanted to ask if when using this addon, ...can I stop using the Vista RTM Fonts 1.1 addon .... because it looks like it installs the same Fonts as Sidebar? ... I think I'm installing the same fonts twice.

thanks again.

clipboard2gs8.th.jpgthpix.gif

FULL INTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS XP 64-BIT (Admin, make this sticky please)

Files needed and order to install

1. Copy tskill.exe to System32 Folder.

2. Install following:

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86).exe |just install BOTH, i dont care y, but it works|

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64).exe |just install BOTH, i dont care y, but it works|

- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows 64 bit Client-Server.exe

- Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (64-bit).exe

3. Install alky_1.1_trunk_032308-000051_2k3.msi and RESTART is a MUST.

4. Right click on Sidebar.inf and press install and RESTART is a MUST (its annoying, but u have to do it AGAIN).

5. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Sidebar\

Now read carefull:

Locate files and DELETE them

-sbdrop.dll.manifest

-sidebar.exe.manifest

-wlsrvc.dll.manifest

if they are not there, SKIP this step.

Now, press right mouse on following: sbdrop.dll (Patch Vista Library), wlsrvc.dll (Patch Vista Library) and sidebar.exe (Patch and Run Vista Executable)

-Sidebar will appear (IVE done that on atleast 5 computers with XP x64 and worked every time), but sidebar will look dodgy. Dont panic, just close it on the taskbar

Left Bottom of your screen Press right on Sidebar icon and Close.

6. Go to Control Panel Add-Remove Programs, find Windows Sidebar and press CHANGE, the menu will appear with following:

The following will re-register Windows Sidebar, Repail Gadget Installer and also repair any Shared Gadgets you may have uninstalled.

Keep pressing Ok, OK, OK...

7. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Sidebar\ Open sidebar.exe and i WILL WORK.

I havent modified any files at all. All files are in their original state, download them from original sites:

Windows Sidebar v6.0.6001.18000 at http://www.hr-host.com/wincert/ricktendo64...tl_AlkyXP1.1.7z

alky_1.1_trunk_032308-000051_2k3.msi at http://www.fromvistatoxp.com/builds/1.1/al...-000051_2k3.rar

Thanks to creators, whom i dont know :D

Regards, ambo.

(29-10-2008)

Thanks for the write up on how to install this on XP 64Bit :thumbsup_anim:

However I am having one small problem when installing the actual sidebar via right clicking on the inf file, I get this error message and I am unsure how to proceed?

Winxperrormessage.jpg

I'm having issues installing this on Windows XP Professional x64. I've tryed the Alchy XP as well as the Server 2003 version. Neither of which allow the Sidebar to be installed, after clicking Yes I receive "INF Install failure. Reason: Could not retrieve the system message. You may run out of the system resource." & nothing else happens. Any ideas?

Edit: I see the member above me is having the same issue. Any feedback?

Edited by zynergi

I'm having issues installing this on Windows XP Professional x64. I've tryed the Alchy XP as well as the Server 2003 version. Neither of which allow the Sidebar to be installed, after clicking Yes I receive "INF Install failure. Reason: Could not retrieve the system message. You may run out of the system resource." & nothing else happens. Any ideas?

As long as i remember, i never had a similar error. Unless u didnt install all the programs listed above in my previous post. The only thing i can come up with, that u forgot something to install since all programs required to run sidebar. I havent changed anything at all, all i know that if u follow steps it just works, cuz ive done my mini-tutorial as i was installing sidebar on my own pc.. :S

Hello Folks ...

I already read the first couple of pages and the last but I dont find any conclusion for my problem...

I am not able to install any new Gadgets onto the Sidebar...

I have repaired the Gadget installer and the sidebar in the "Software" Dialog and i have already reinstalled the entire Sidebar but the problem is still the same.

If I go to Microsoft Gadget Website and choose a Gadget, the Gadget Installer appears and when I click Install everything seems to be ok, but in the "Add Gadget" Dialogue

no new Gadget appears.

Please help me :)

And sorry 4 my bad english, I am German :)

Greeting

Hello Folks ...

I already read the first couple of pages and the last but I dont find any conclusion for my problem...

I am not able to install any new Gadgets onto the Sidebar...

I have repaired the Gadget installer and the sidebar in the "Software" Dialog and i have already reinstalled the entire Sidebar but the problem is still the same.

If I go to Microsoft Gadget Website and choose a Gadget, the Gadget Installer appears and when I click Install everything seems to be ok, but in the "Add Gadget" Dialogue

no new Gadget appears.

Please help me :)

And sorry 4 my bad english, I am German :)

Greeting

You have to open a command prompt and type LCID and hit enter

Now locate where the gadgets were installed and change the xx-XX folder to whatever it says after you do lcid or to en-US which works on all languages

Guest snakecracker

Did you restart after installing alky 1.1?

Now locate where the gadgets were installed and change the xx-XX folder to whatever it says after you do lcid or to en-US which works on all languages

Well, the search for a de-DE odr en-EN Folder took hours without a result ... but now I got it!

You mean xx-XX (so, the language) of the entire path of the Gadget-Folder ...

For example, the standard Installation Folder was the english one (en-EN)

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

but it had to be the german one (de-DE)

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

I hope this will help some other frustrated users which have the same prob ^^

Greetings and a big Thanks for developing and offering this delicious fine thing

I feel like I have tried everything.

SYS INFO:

OS - Win2k3 SP2

MEM - 2GB

CPU - 3.2Ghz Intel

BROWSER: IE7

MEdIA PLAYER: v11

PROBLEM:

I get the error shown in the picture attached to this post.

PROCEDURE:

1) Installed 2005 C++ Redistributable

2) Installed Alkys. For Win2k3 Server. Downloaded the newest one from the website.

3) Rebooted

4) Installed Windows Sidebar by right clicking and clicking install on sidebar.inf

5) Rebooted

6) Put atl.dll from a Windows XP SP3 machine into the Windows Sidebar installation directory.

atl.dll is version = 3.5.2284.1

7) Deleted sbdrop.dll.manifest, sidebar.exe.manifest & wlsrvc.dll.manifest

8) Right clicked sbdrop.dll, wlsrvc.dll & clicked on Patch Vista Library then right clicked sidebar.exe and clicked on Patch and run Vista Library.

- Windows Sidebar did not appear when I choose Patch and run vista library on sidebar.exe

9) Rebooted again.

Windows Sidebar was installed as the admin user.

RESULT:

The error shown in the attached picture still appears.

I really hope that someone using this forum can help me. I feel like I have tried what there is to try.

Kind regards.

Svenherlig.

post-12612-1227559604_thumb.jpg

For server 2003 all you need to do is use alky 2k3 instead of alky xp, then you take a atl.dll file from windows xp and place it in the "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar" dir and sidebar will work

If your reply is for my post from yesterday. I can tell you that I have put atl.dll in the Windows Sidebar folder and I used the ALKY Win2k3 package. I wrote this in my post as well. Today I checked the environmental path settings. And created a new system environmental path pointing to ALKY Libraries where vmsvcrt.dll is located. Rebooted.

This did not help either.

If your reply is for my post from yesterday. I can tell you that I have put atl.dll in the Windows Sidebar folder and I used the ALKY Win2k3 package. I wrote this in my post as well. Today I checked the environmental path settings. And created a new system environmental path pointing to ALKY Libraries where vmsvcrt.dll is located. Rebooted.

This did not help either.

You dont have to delete the manifest's or re-patch anything, sidebar should work fine out of the box if you added atl.dll

hi,

i just installed windows sidebar on my xp-system. after the restart i get an error message saying the sidebar.exe can not start because stmessagew.dll ist missing.

can somebody help me please?

thanks a lot....

post-12628-1227635600_thumb.jpg

Edited by gr8