[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Hey guys I have been useing the sidebar for about 5 months and i recently upgraded to XP pro X64 (to take full use of my ram) and now i keep getting the run out of memory error. Reading through the posts here i see there is a fix for it but the links to the tskill.exe file dont work anymore. I was wondering if some1 could reupp the file so i can get this sidebar runnin again. lol i feel lost without my cronix metal plugin

EDIT.. oh yea i already have that file in my system32 folder and it didnt work I also coppied the file from a 32 bit install and that didnt work either so it is obviosly a modded file any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Rick. Thanks for the great addon. But i have weird problems. I use your addon integrate with RyanVm Integrator and try it on VMWare. But the addon won't installed. I only can manage installed this software manually on the same virtual PC. Please help me. Thanks

I second to problem "INF Install failure. Reason: Could not retrieve the system message. You may run out of the system resource.". I did the steps from tutorial as described, but I'm stuck at step 4.

OS is XP x64 with SP2 and all available updates installed.

I have the same problem, someone could fix it.

Thanks

Just tried the new ver and it is much more responsive and loads quicker... wow. I think it uses more memory but that's fine with me.

Great work Rick UR AWESOME! :P

actually after a second look I think it uses less memory :o

showing a total of 12mB less than my computer I didn't upgrade

Edited by DyceFreak

Hi thanks a lot for this sidebar, just found it today and it's working really great.

I've been using Thoosje sidebar for a long time without knowing it's possible to have the "real" Vista sidebar on XP :P

But is it possible to change skin for this sidebar? It only shows a blank background and I can't seem to find the option to change it.

I want the Aero look

I'm new to this, please help, thanks in advanced (:

Guest snakecracker
Hi thanks a lot for this sidebar, just found it today and it's working really great.

I've been using Thoosje sidebar for a long time without knowing it's possible to have the "real" Vista sidebar on XP :P

But is it possible to change skin for this sidebar? It only shows a blank background and I can't seem to find the option to change it.

I want the Aero look

I'm new to this, please help, thanks in advanced (:

you will find the sidebar styler Here

hope this helps =]

Make sure you have IE7 installed and you can run these commands from a cmd window or run to re-register the sidebar files in case they did not register successfully

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" /RegServer

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\.\regsvr32.exe" sbdrop.dll

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\.\regsvr32.exe" wlsrvc.dll

Alky for applications can only use one skin, by default it uses the solid Black skin but I patch it with the faded skin

When you hover over the sidebar you wont be able to see the glass one (this is normal)

Is there a way to make the sidebar background have the hover effect like on Vista? My wife and girls all use Vista with sidebar on their laptops so I could get the sidebar.exe from one of them. I've tried the sidebar styler which I thought would help but it appears that all it affects is one background image which I think is the None - docked on right image. If I can use a sidebar.exe from one of my family members to make it work, then what would be the steps for doing so? Maybe patch and run with vista exe... then replace the sidebar.exe I have now?

Hey, great add-on you have going here. I got this a year ago and then crashed my computer with a virus. (Not from this program.) It took me a while to find the exact page, but now I have it up and running. Just one thing: in real windows vista, when you hover over the sidebar, the pane has a little "glass" effect appear. Is there a way to accomplish this in XP. Would the Sidebar Style do this?

Guest snakecracker
Hi Rick...I got problem using this sidbar addon...the advance INF installer dialox box always appear asking me to reinstall the side bar. please help

have you got Alky installed?

does it install the sidebar?

if so..

go into your control pannel>add and remove programs and go to ricks sidebar and hit repair