[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Congratulations a job well done :thumbsup_anim:

I tried it on virtual machine by integrating with nLite and everything works properly.

I wanted to ask how to install the Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005 as simple installer on PC operating system already installed.

Thank you

Congratulations a job well done :thumbsup_anim:

I tried it on virtual machine by integrating with nLite and everything works properly.

I wanted to ask how to install the Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005 as simple installer on PC operating system already installed.

Thank you

just extract the Addon

then go to sidebar.inf

and right click then install

just extract the Addon

then go to sidebar.inf

and right click then install

Thanks for the information.

But I verified that it is better to first run the file Alky_XP.exe (Ricks_WindowsSidebar...\svcpack)

and after the file sidebar.inf

regards

Edited by DMD

Thanks for the information.

But I verified that it is better to first run the file Alky_XP.exe (Ricks_WindowsSidebar...\svcpack)

and after the file sidebar.inf

regards

yeah my mistake :sweatingbullets:

didn't use sidebar for a while now

forgot about the Alky Sorry

I dropped by to report a minor quirk. Tested with XP SP3, Firefox 3.5, and IE8.

If you uninstall a gadget, then go download the exact same gadget filename, the old one is reinstalled. I was testing a new version of my gadget and was surprised to see the old one pop up after installing the new one. The second time I noticed the browser was adding a number to the end of each download, but the installer was still picking up the original filename. For example, if the file on the server was "xyz.gadget" the browser would see that the file already exists and download it as "xyz-1.gadget" ... then the installer would still open "xyz.gadget".

The location of these files is:

c:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp

That location apparently isn't cleared by either IE or Firefox. I tested both and saw the same results.

Edited by PingMyGame

• 3 weeks later...

Please can anyone help, over the last few days my sidebar has stopped working correctly, some of the gadgets are not behaving like they should, the face book gadget keeps asking me to login and wont stay connected, and also i cant remove any gadgets, if i try to right click on a gadget and select uninstall it says that sidebar has encountered an error and must close :-(, i have tried all the repair options and i have uninstalled and re-installed the latest one but im still getting the same problem.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks

Pete

I would help if I knew what the problem/cause was exactly, all the stuff I would suggest you have done already tried

What exactly do you need me to tell you?, i am using yahoo widgets at the moment until i can get the sidebar back up and running as normal

Pete

Guest snakecracker

i have already installed IE7 on my XP system.

Whats he is saying is that No-one has been able to make that gadget work.

You should read before posting for help which is already on the topic.... (or as some of you are. just lazy... ;))

Hi folks

Just a word of warning, i was having some problems with my sidebar and its seems to have cured itself, but then i was getting a memory error that was caused by norton av 2009, it was suggested to uninstall and reinstall norton, i used the norton removal tool, but in the process that removed the sidebar and all my extra gadgets!! :crying_anim02:

So looks like i've got to reinstall both now :thumbsdown_anim:

Just thought you might be interested in case anyone else decides to do the same thing.

Pete

^ Thanks for the info pete69, hope it will be fixed soon

:( Yeah Rick i'm not sure too but actually some Vista users also got the same related issue with IE8 and Windows Sidebar ( Here ) yea i'm on Xp of course hehe. Well after i uninstalled IE8, everything was back to normal as usual. Here are some screenshots from my computer (->Media Player Gadget. Btw Gadget Gallery's search bar doesnt work too):

With IE8 (Before uninstalling it-> look at the pink background):

ie8problem.jpg

With IE7 (After uninstalling IE8-> Normal):

ie8problem2.jpg

As you suggested Rick i've already re-registered and repatched some files (atl.dll, sbdrop.dll, sidebar.exe...) n tried to install and reinstall IE 8 even several times still without any luck so far :sweatingbullets: . Now i'm stuck with IE7... :confused02: Maybe it depends on the system, anyways i'm still researching, could you please help me thanks bro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...