[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

The sidebar installs much earlier than T13

You cant have the actual sidebar in both languages but you can probably get the gadgets in both, just reinstall the sidebar over the english one and it should install the greek sidebar/gadgets (only if lcid reports different locale)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I downloaded Windows 7 Sidebar for XP and extracted the zip file to a new folder on my desktop. I opened the folder and double-clicked on Alky_XP. No installation windows appeared; however, a small (3-4 MB) Alky entry appeared in my 'add/ remove programs'. I restarted the computer and nothing happened - I'm not sure what to do next. I currently have the program extracted to a folder on my desktop. Could you help me install the sidebar please?

After you install alky (its a silent installer so its normal not to see anything) and reboot, right click on sidebar.inf and choose install

BTW that link you sent me via PM is not my sidebar, somebody has modded it

'kay, now I see. The sidebar.inf is the 'Setup Information' file. How can I be sure Alky_XP is finished installing? - Just wait for its entry to appear in the 'add/ remove programs' list?

Out of curiousity, you wouldn't happen to know how the sidebar was modified, would you? I figured I'd ask you since the link is from this topic.

P.S. Sorry about contacting you via PM. At the time, I didn't think about posting in this topic - Probably because I had just finished PMing someone via Youtube so I had the idea of 'PM' in my mind coupled by the fact it was quite late.

I do recall referring to the sidebar as 'Windows 7 sidebar for XP' - That's because a lot of the search results on Youtube had Windows 7 in its name. I didn't know Vista had its own sidebar - I've never used or seen Vista before; I only know of it. I don't think I'm going to bother you with the differences between the two since I'm installing the sidebar so I can use System Animator to display animated, customized anime/manga-style characters/images on my desktop and the official website for System Animator linked me directly to this topic in order to download the Windows sidebar for XP (Which is apparently needed to install and use System Animator.). So.. this must be exactly what I need. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Sode no Shirayuki

• 3 months later...

Rick would not do that, and I don't know if it would be possible for someone else to sabotage the addon, so I think you either got the virus from elsewhere or it was a false positive. Can you provide more information or proof? If it really is there, and I doubt it, then I'm sure rick will fix it.

Cheers and Regards

• 2 months later...

Hey Rick. Is it possible for this addon to be made into a multimode installer? I'm no pro at building installers but as long as the components were staged at the right times (alky first, then the sidebar.inf) that it should work...right? Maybe add a switch for lang too (-ai silent w/defaults, -ai1 passive, -ai2 -lang=en-gb, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

m_s can you specify what you need it for, how you want to use it...its a bit tricky to do the multimode thing because in the end the installer has to prompt for restart and there is no way to change the language because the inf will use the current language your operating system is set to

I slapped this together yesterday, it installs alky (I made smaller by removing runtimes) and then launches the sidebar inf install

http://www.filesonic.com/file/Gj5FHE2/Ricks_WindowsSidebar6.0.6002.18005_Intl_AlkyXP1.1.exe