[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

***Edited Pissed off rant***

The INF is NOT! for x64 install, its written for x86 systems ONLY!

[SourceDisksNames.x86]

Install the Sidebar the original way and quit bitchin, download the Unpatched Sidebar and the instructions can be found bellow:

"%ALKY%..\Documentation\manual.pdf"

If you are on a 64-bit platform, use \Program Files (x86)\Windows Sidebar and replace \System32 references below with \SysWow64

rick nobodys complaining here, people are just anxious to get the sidebar workin for their x64 windows, and so far its been a no go, its not the problem installing the sidebar, thats the easy part, its getting alky to work/install on xp x64 thats giving us the trouble, and the instructions seem incomplete and unfull, so ya

as for everything else for x64 ill get a dev team goin if anyone wants to help out so we can get this working on x64 so just pm me or wutever caue a think a have a method/theory that will get this working after alky is installed

thanks again

let me know

I need more info not just it wont work, I need a detail of any error you might be getting.

My installation uneventful but the sidebar won't run on startup. I did try run it manually via program shortcut but nothing happened. For your information I also install gadget installer n sidebar styler too. The sidebar styler going freeze when I try to apply selected style.

What do you mean wierd yadzil?

It does not work for you with R13? (I use R13)

Yes ferigno1 you can translate this addon to frech... If you post a link to a french sidebar so I can download it I can maybe show you how to update the INF file and patch the sidebar to french.

Hello..

I have this running on XP64, ALKY for apps installed, sidebar installed. My error is about the load delay and I see where its said to install the hotfix for the error, only its not for X64. Is there a workaround for that?

Thanks.

very funny. in the truth it does not have nothing functioning!

this was my starting point

***Edited Pissed off rant***

The INF is NOT! for x64 install, its written for x86 systems ONLY!

[SourceDisksNames.x86]

Install the Sidebar the original way and quit bitchin, download the Unpatched Sidebar and the instructions can be found bellow:

"%ALKY%..\Documentation\manual.pdf"

It almost functioned ;)

I installed the Alky, I download unpatched sidebar,

I registered the archives in agreement the manual,

I patched the DLLs, but when I go to make this

in executable

What do you mean wierd yadzil?

It does not work for you with R13? (I use R13)

Yes ferigno1 you can translate this addon to frech... If you post a link to a french sidebar so I can download it I can maybe show you how to update the INF file and patch the sidebar to french.

yeah shure there is the link link and it will be really appreciated to know how to update and patching for french thank you very much ricks. :thumb_yello: Edited by ferigno1

It might not be R13... Sometimes my sidebar wont launch either but its because of Windows Sidebar Styler not any updatepack.

Uninstall WSS or delete its DLLs in the Windows Sidebar dir and see if that fixes it.

ferigno1 that is not a link to a unpatched/unmodified version of the original Vista sidebar in french. You need to find somebody with Vista FR to give it to you and send it to me.

I need something like this ferigno1 but the french version http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1516

Updated Windows Sidebar AddOn

09-19-07

- Added Office 2007 Recent Docs and Launcher Gadgets

- Added LCID (used to determine what locale OS you have, like en-US)

- Updated Recycle Bin Gadget (it can now be BIG while docked and small while undocked)

- Edited Alky silent installer for easy x64 install.

Added Videos

videohy5.pngSidebar Install Video

videohy5.pngGadgets Repair Video

thx rick givin the new installer for x64 a try, will report back soon to confirm if this bad boy works
Its a silent installer and its located in the svcpack folder, you just execute the installer (wtf? nothing happens ;). Its silent) and wait a bit then reboot.

@ kicko copy regsvr32.exe to the same directory as Sidebar.cab, that makes it go faster

Off Topic: How much easier can it get?

alrite rick heres the prob i kno its a silent installer, but ive never had luck with your silent installers for some reason even back when we were all using vaio, so anyways lets say i just reboot or log off 5 mins l8er, nothings in my program files (x86) folder, nor anywhere else on the system, any suggestions?

thanks

You have to uninstall the old Sidebar (it deletes some registry entries) in order to fully install this.

The registry entries run after you restart, you will get a box saying Personal Settings, Windows Sidebar.

If you simply deleted the Windows Sidebar folder and install over the old one then it thinks setup was already done and it wont run on reboot.

ricks wuts goin on with this silent installer, i have never been able 2 get them to work ru sure this 1 is working for xp x64? ive ran it various times leaving enough tiem for it to install, i haven EVERYTHING needed or required because i have been using this sidebar since the vista longhorn sidebar.

i meen there must be missing something cause alky wont install with tht 1 patch made about a week ago or with the easy silent installer

thanks again