[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Hey rick,

Just tried uninstalling the sidebar using the .inf file to see if i could remove the third sidebar.exe instance (which is still there..)

However i have a suggestion for the uninstall.inf file. I would change it so that it does not uninstall the fonts; the reason for this is that the calibri fonts are used by MS office 2007 and if someone was to remove the sidebar they will loose these fonts; and MS office looks a little strange without calibri (especially Outlook)

Mel

I do not uninstall any fonts, I leave them behind dun worry

OK here is the down low on the 3 sidebars, I never payed much attention to this before... If I empty the sidebar and close all the gadgets and restart the sidebar I have one instance of sidebar.exe

Then I open up one gadget I get a second sidebar.exe

If I open more than 3 gadgets a third sidebar.exe pops up in my tasmgr

So my conclusion is its normal

I think its the sidebar running with one of its many parametes example for the CPU gadget it might be running sidebar.exe /detectMem

Other Parameters:

sidebar.exe /autoRun /AX /CPL /detectMem /showgadgets /uninstallgadgets /RegServer /UnregServer

taskmgrqe2.png

Hey Rick, I just wanted to thank you for the patched .dll It seemed to fix the weather gadget issue I had. I also wanted to make clear that the weather gadget was getting stuck prior to installing the new version of the sidebar. Do you know why all of a sudden that would happen? just curious.

It might have been just me but i was using intel/wireless as my wifi manager instead of windows, since switching to windows as the wifi manager the wifi gadget now works perfect!! although it says 100% "disconnected" instead of connected which i think is a problem in the gadget itself. It might have some script that is backwards.

Thanks again for the fix!

Hi! I admire the progress done. However when I try installing the latest...it doesn't work. I use 2k3 datacenter server R1 with sp 2 by eXPerience, when I try the add-on it says that I don't have to hotfix installed (and that's for XP), and when I try the hotfix it says (of course) that I have not the OS it is done for, and when I try the installer version, after finishing I get the delay load error. Please help me if you know how...I've spent too many hours on this to no avail...

OK can you upload the INF so I can edit it and send you that back and a file need (atl.dll from XP)

Edit: No need I made this fix http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/2003SidebarFix.rar

Right click on 2k3fix.inf and select install. It will copy atl.dll to the Windows Sidebar Directory and it will edit Sidebar.inf to remove the Wireless Lan Check because Server 2003 already has it.

You can then use the change button in Add or Remove programs to re-register the libraries if you have any trouble with the gadgets or gadget installer (but the above INF does this also)

videohy5.pngGadgets Repair Video new_1.gif

Thanks, I love it but there is one proble. When using the driver info, you cannot go above Drives I: It will turn back to default or thurn black. I have all of the other drives up and they are working fine. I went through the control pannel etc, like in the video and nothing.

Everything else works great though.

I do not uninstall any fonts, I leave them behind dun worry

OK here is the down low on the 3 sidebars, I never payed much attention to this before... If I empty the sidebar and close all the gadgets and restart the sidebar I have one instance of sidebar.exe

Then I open up one gadget I get a second sidebar.exe

If I open more than 3 gadgets a third sidebar.exe pops up in my tasmgr

So my conclusion is its normal

I think its the sidebar running with one of its many parametes example for the CPU gadget it might be running sidebar.exe /detectMem

Other Parameters:

sidebar.exe /autoRun /AX /CPL /detectMem /showgadgets /uninstallgadgets /RegServer /UnregServer

taskmgrqe2.png

I have checked that 2 sidebar are on my window process when i look in the task manager, how do i get rid of it and have 1 only working because its eating up my ram :(