[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

i just wanted to do a follow-up that memory thing,as i sated b4 it IS gadget related,try not having the picture slide show gadget load and you will see that there isint any memory problems at all. the bigger of the processes has ben at 46 000Kb for quite some time now(6 hours)altho it may have gone up a bit but nothing alarming, and in fact when monitoring the mem size, it acualy does goes down in size ,as for when the slide show gadet is loaded; the memory just keeps on growing per each image the slideshow shows.

i guess our friend Bruno.H. didint try very hard to find out what his problem was,looking back at his posts,i can see from his screen shots even tho he didint have the same list of loaded gadgets on each of his tries,the slideshow gadget WAS always present.

i just wanted to do a follow-up that memory thing,as i sated b4 it IS gadget related,try not having the pictur e slide show gadget load and you will see that there isint any memory problems at all...

I've noticed this about the slide show gadget as well although I don't understand the high mem usage part. I thought for some reason that these images are being cached in IE's temporary files cache folder. Maybe not though.

You for some reason dont have tskill.exe in system32, extact it from your xp cd and try again

hmm, funny I have that file under C:\windows\system32 (version 6..0..6001.18000)

I had never had any problems with this file with the old version "Ricks_WindowsSidebar6.0.6001.22303_Intl_AlkyXP1.1.7z"

FULL INTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS XP 64-BIT

I can't seem to get these instructions to work on XP x64 with IE8 and addon version 6.0.6002.18005 (5-08-09). The instructions seem to be incomplete.

First, when trying to install the INF I receive the following familiar message:

Windows Sidebar Installer

INF Install Failure. Reason: Could not retrieve the system message. You may run out of system resource.

To get Rick's INF to install, I needed to change [sourceDisksNames.x86] to [sourceDisksNames]

Edited by 5eraph

:D Wow yeah i'd still prefer Vista/Xp sidebar (port) over Windows 7 version, always (it's not a real sidebar but just simple (stupid) "Desktop gadgets app" in 7, personally i don't like it at all), anyway keep up the great job Rick thanks :thumbsup_anim:

hi to all im newer here so i have just on question

how to customize the gadget sidbare to be installed at first boot

or how to make it start with my gadget in the first boot

best regards :)

if i can recall, I made my first post in the introduction section and thereafter, I got a lot of help.

What do you think about this?

You could add your gadgets to Gadgets.exe SFX (right click it and open in WinRAR) in the svcpack folder, also add your Settings.ini file with your gadgets setup that you can copy from (this is location for Spanish) "%UserProfile%\Configuraci