[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

hey guys i am a new man here... wanna ask that i had install the window sidebar, fixed all the issues and finally no error comes out, but the sidebar still wont start... double click it, nothing happen... can any1 teach me what to do? no error pops out so i really dunno how to fix it...

i downloaded the alky_1.1_trunk_032308-000051_xp, Reg.Sidebar, KB918997, msxml6, 320587_ENU_i386_zip, and the KB940541. These fixed my install error problem but final problem it did not show me anything. Any1 pls help? thank you.

Edited by Chaosmaster

All you need to do is install alky (double click svcpack\alky_xp.exe and wait for a few seconds), if you dont have sp3 install KB940541, right click sidebar.inf and choose install...make sure you reboot after install

ya i had click the alky (nothing happen but still wait for few second), installed KB940541, install the slidebar... but when i click on the "Windows Sidebar" on start>all programs>accessories, nothing happen... nothing pop out...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you. Perfect package. Sometimes the error is not open Tools. But beautiful.

Without disturbing the Rick's Windows Sidebar's How to change icons?

Edited by dstk

To change the icons you need the original sidebar.exe from Vista sp2, you change the icon and/or skin, then you make sure sidebar.exe.mui is in a en-US folder, then you right click your modded sidebar.exe and you "Patch and run Vista executable" using Alky

• 2 weeks later...

hoi i have a problem,the sidebar is workking good but when i update my windows with net framework 3.5 by windows update then i restart and my windows sidebar is gone en when i click in program files on sidebar.exe he doesnt work anymore????i have done sytem restore and works again but then i can not update my windows whith net framework 3.5 microsoft does anybody now what to do????????help

Edited by button

yes i have tried reinstalling but i shall try download another 3.5 iand see what happens

no when i am installing 3.5 and other updates then the windows sidebar does not appear on my screen and reinstalling does nothing when i click the sidebar.exe nothing happens i have tranformation pack 9.01 but it was normal not a isseu????what now?????????

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I'm installing win xp english with greek localpack(I select for default lang greek). One of your older versions kept the greek language in sidebar when i was logging in greek account(I've lost it!! can't remember which version was) now it keeps the english version.

Can you fix it?

Open a cmd window and run this command

lcid

Whatever that says (en-US, el-GR) is what version of the sidebar will install, if you dont change/add the lang pack til after you first install then the english version will install if you integrate the sidebar

Yes it says en-us is current language. I'm integrating the local pack at T13 of windows installation. How can I force the integrated sidebar to install el-gr?

Or is there any change to have both languages? For example if I login in english account (windows dialog settings to english) have english sidebar and in greek account greek dialogs and sidebar, can you give me some direction to try making it?(I know I'm asking a lot,tell me please only if u have something on your mind I don't want to push you to find a solution).

Thank you :)