Change a Letter Game

NIM

FORM FORT FART PART TART TARN WARN WARM HARM FARM FARE CARE DARE DARK DORK FORK CORK BORE BARE BARK BARN BURN TURN TURD TURF SURF SURT HURT HURL CURL FURL FURY FURS FIRS FIRE HIRE WIRE WIRY WARY WARP CARP CART CARY MARY MARK NARK HARK HARD CARD BARD LARK LURK TURK TUSK MUSK DUSK DUCK LUCK BUCK BACK SACK TACK LACK LANk RANK TANK SANK BANK BAND SAND HIND KIND KING PING DING RING SING SINE FINE LINE WINE WINO

VINO

DINO

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FORM FORT FART PART TART TARN WARN WARM HARM FARM FARE CARE DARE DARK DORK FORK CORK BORE BARE BARK BARN BURN TURN TURD TURF SURF SURT HURT HURL CURL FURL FURY FURS FIRS FIRE HIRE WIRE WIRY WARY WARP CARP CART CARY MARY MARK NARK HARK HARD CARD BARD LARK LURK TURK TUSK MUSK DUSK DUCK LUCK BUCK BACK SACK TACK LACK LANk RANK TANK SANK BANK BAND SAND HIND KIND KING PING DING RING SING SINE FINE LINE WINE WINO VINO DINO

DINT

DENS :welcome:

Being post 108, I feel that it would be nice to have a recap of all 108 words used thus far, so as to be sure we are not repeating ourselves. Next game I suggest we try harder to keep the complete list available on each page. I think that would make the game more challenging. Yes?

Edited by Mr.McNally

Please bold the letter you've changed.

PEND

@Mr.McNally

On every page every first post should contain all the words used so far, this way you can easily hit search and see it that word has been already used. Jurg did it for this page :thumb_yello:

BOND :welcome:

@N1K Thanks for the tip. I recall someone else mentioning that one should search the topic for prior usage of a word. Perhaps this is a daft questions, but would I search using the 'advanced search' feature found in the search box @ top right? I am wondering if there is a search feature here that I am simply overlooking, as I tried to search using the site search box and from the results i received, I felt like I might be missing something. :icon_question:

P.S. JurgenDoe repeated Sm0k3r a couple of posts ago with the response 'DENT'

Not using the search option of the forum itself. You just have to search through the text on the page by clicking CTRL+F and typing the desired word.

So Jurg did a mistake, well, from now on, whoever will use already used word, will not be able to post in this topic anymore. :icon_rolleyes:

Well I don't want to put Jurg in a....

BIND

:doh:

P.S. Thanks for the tip N1K. It is no wonder I was having such a time with the search.... :lol:

Edited by Mr.McNally

Not using the search option of the forum itself. You just have to search through the text on the page by clicking CTRL+F and typing the desired word.

So Jurg did a mistake, well, from now on, whoever will use already used word, will not be able to post in this topic anymore. :icon_rolleyes:

:oops: does that mean I can't play with you anymore

BIND

:oops: does that mean I can't play with you anymore

BIND

I dont know...I guess N1K might

BEND

the rules a little........

or perhaps a lot since I used the word "BIND" only 2 posts ago. :welcome:

I dont know...I guess N1K might

BEND

the rules a little........

or perhaps a lot since I used the word "BIND" only 2 posts ago. :welcome:

My turn again? Where did JurgenDoe go? N1K?

SEND :welcome:

My turn again? Where did JurgenDoe go? N1K?

SEND :welcome:

OK, since I seem to be playing the word game by my self these days(sorry I ran everyone off mentioning the rule infractions), I am going to "up the ante" so to speak.

Change one letter to create a new word. For example:

GAME

TAME

TAKE

etc..

You can't repeat an already used word. Quote only the words before you to make sure no word is repeated.

Let's see how long it can last.

, said the boss when he laid out the rules.

and based on what I read these rules to say(or not say), I am going to take this game to the next level. At least I wont get bored as quickly being the only player in the game these days.

There is no mention in the stated rules that we must adhere to a four letter word, so I am going to take it up to five!

Now you might say, "McNally! You are adding a letter, not changing a letter like the rules clearly state!", and from some points of view you may be correct. Although I beg to differ.

Why was the number '0' added to the set of 'natural' numbers, thus allowing the 'whole' number set to rise to popularity?

I'll say that it is because '0' has a value....nothing. It is nothing and yet something. It represents a value of 'having no value' yet as a function it can make the largest of numbers disappear into it's own nothingness with the utmost of ease. In a way, it is like a numeric black hole. Yes? It is nothing, you cant see its mass, its density, why you can even look right through the center of it and see that it is empty. Although, if your numbers get too close to it, and try to interact with it in the wrong way, its power is immediately apparent and its results are unavoidable.....numbers are instantly converted to the same nothingness that is '0'.

Then there was this other old geezer :albert: who mumbled some odd theoretical idea, something about e=mc^2. He was on about the impossibility of energy being destroyed, but that it could only be converted between physical states, the main ones being heat, light or motion...if I recall. In any case, in every spot on your screen where there is the possibility of placing a alpha-numeric character, behind every pixel there is the invisible energy of the '0', waiting to have its electrons excited so as to be converted to any of the other legible(sometime illegible like-windows ME-) alpha-numeric, symbolic states of expression in which it might exist, whilst clearly radiating a value of non-zero.

So as to not carry on any further, I am about to convert some of the hidden energy of the '0' into another level of electromagnetic photon radiating atomic energy. For you thrill and amusement I am going to make it into the letter, 'P'

So as we look back and yet look forward, we are reminded that energy can only change states. Energy is something that costs money, but it is something that we can not.....

SPEND

So in the spirit of Atomic Fusion, I give you the five letter word born from a long list of very similarly constructed, but yet quite different four letter words. Four letter words that span so many gaps and fill so many verbal voids in our daily expressions of our own personal conversion of the mysterious yet marvelous electromagnetic reactions of though energy into expression. :welcome:

Edited by Mr.McNally

Ok, we'll continue more careful now. Jurg, you have mistaken twice, and once after I told you that you're using already used words.

We won't add one more letter like Mc Nally suggested, as we'll continue to use a four letter word.

I've collected all the letters that were valid and have removed duplicate words.

Here are some rules to follow from now on:

1. Use only FOUR lettered word.

2. You can only change ONE letter at a time.

3. ALWAYS BOLD the letter you have CHANGED.

4. In each post quote all of the words used so far with your added to the list.

5. Please don't use any vulgar words.

5. Most Important: Use CTRL+F to search the page if the word you're goin' to use has already been used.

6. You're free to use a word in some sentence of yours, so it's a bit more interesting.

Bypassing the rules means you're out of the game and won't be able to post in this topic anymore.

Jurg, in spite of your mistakes you can continue to play, but no more warnings for you or anyone else. One mistake and you're out.

I've looked through your fingers since McNally didn't bold the changed word in spite of me telling him to do so.

From now on let's continue a clean and fair.

PS. If you find a word that has been used twice from the quote bellow please let me know.

FORM FORT FART PART TART TARN WARN WARM HARM FARM FARE CARE DARE DARK DORK FORK CORK BORE BARE BARK BARN BURN TURN TURD TURF SURF SURT HURT HURL CURL FURL FURY FURS FIRS FIRE HIRE WIRE WIRY WARY WARP CARP CART CARY MARY MARK NARK HARK HARD CARD BARD LARK LURK TURK TUSK MUSK DUSK DUCK LUCK BUCK BACK SACK TACK LACK LANk RANK TANK SANK BANK BAND SAND HIND KIND KING PING DING RING SING SINE FINE LINE WINE WINO VINO DINO DINT DENT KENT RENT PENT PENS PEND POND FOND BOND BIND FIND MIND

I don't MIND to continue this game, if everybody will follow the rules!