Win 7 / Office 2010: Monthly Download Days starting October 1 (experimental)

Jan Krohn

This will probably be the last chance to get Windows 7 and Office 2010 downloads, before Microsoft drops support for these products in early 2020.

Starting October 1, 0:00 UTC, the download database on the server will be reset on the first day of every month. We will then generate one link per hour on a first come first served basis, whatever is requested, until all licenses are used up. The database is then again reset on the first day of the following month, and downloads can be provided again for some time.

Requesting a download can result in one of the four following cases:

1. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, and the last link generation on the server has happened more than an hour ago ---> new link generation will be attempted, and if successful, the download can be provided.

2. The requested download has been requested and generated in the last 24 hours ---> cached download link will be provided (cached downloads are indicated with a green font in the download tool).

3. All licenses for the product have been used up ---> come back and try again next month after the database reset.

4. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, however, the server did another link generation for a different product in the last hour ---> come back and try again in one hour, and be faster than everyone else.

I will think about error messages so that you guys can distinguish between cases 3. and 4. easily. Let's see how this will go. Hopefully everyone can still get all downloads they need before MS takes them down for good...

Edited by Jan Krohn

• 2 weeks later...

So the coding for the October 1 download day is in place and confirmed working. Let's hope it will continue working in productive conditions too.

Case 3 message: "This file is currently unavailable, and can be provided again in a small capacity NEXT MONTH. For now, please select one of the downloads highlighted in green instead."

Case 4 message: "New downloads can be generated SHORTLY. In the mean time, you can select one of the downloads highlighted in green."

Messages will not be translated due to the short life span of a few months only before Win 7 EOL.

• 2 weeks later...
W dniu 2.08.2019 o 19:05 Jan Krohn powiedział:

Będzie dostępna ostatnia szansa na pobranie systemu Windows 7 i pakietu Office 2010, zanim Microsoft zrezygnuje z obsługi tych produktów na początku 2020 roku.

Poczta pobierania od 1 października, 0:00 UTC, baza danych pobieranie będzie resetowana co miesiąc. Następnie należy wygenerować jeden link na godzinę według kolejności zgłoszeń, aż do wyczerpania wszystkich licencji. Baza danych jest następnie ponownie resetowana pierwszego dnia spotkania

Żądanie pobrań może zostać użyty jeden z czterech różnych przypadków:

1. Dostępna jest licencja, a ostatnie generowanie linków wymaga ponad godzin temu ---> podjęto decyzję o podjęciu próby wygenerowania nowego linku, a jeśli powiesz, pobierz będzie możliwe.

2. Zażądano i wygenerowano to samo pobieranie w ciągu ostatnich 24 godzin ---> zostanie podany link do pobrania z pamięci podręcznej.

3. Wszystkie licencje na produkt zostały zużyte ---> wróć i kontynuuj ponownie w przyszłym miesiącu.

4. Licencja jest dostępna, ale w ciągu ostatnich godzin wykonano kolejne generowanie linków ---> wróć i uruchom ponownie w krótkim czasie.

Pomyślę o komunikach o błędach, abyście mogli łatwo rozróżnić przypadki 3. i 4 .. Zobaczmy, jak to pójdzie. Mam nadzieję, że wszyscy nadal muszą mieć wszystkie potrzebne pliki, zanim MS usunie je na dobre ...

On 9/7/2019 at 5:37 AM, popeye 21 said:

i noticed that in the dell option there was no metion of xps 9100 computer

If you post a service tag, I can try to add XPS 9100. But I don't think it's really necessary. I all likelihood, the download is identical to XPS 8900.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:05 PM, Jan Krohn said:

This will probably be the last chance to get Windows 7 and Office 2010 downloads, before Microsoft will drop support for these products in early 2020.

Starting October 1, 0:00 UTC, the download database will be reset every month. We will then generate one link per hour on a first come first served basis, until all licenses are used up. The database is then again reset on the first of the following month.

1. A license is available, and the last link generation has happened more than an hour ago ---> new link generation will be attempted, and if successful, the download can be provided.

2. The same download has been requested and generated in the last 24 hours ---> cached download link will be provided.

3. All licenses for the product have been used up ---> come back and try again next month.

4. A license is available, but another link generation was done in the last hour ---> come back and try again in a short time.

I will think about error messages so that you guys can distinguish between cases 3. and 4. easily. Let's see how this will go. Hopefully everyone can still get all downloads they need before MS takes them down for good...

Is it now absolutely impossible to get Windows 7 iso because i really need it

57 minutes ago, Hillion said:

It's not impossible. There are helpful forum users here who can help with a request. There are also illegal download sites, however, they may not be shared here. You'll find them easily by googleing the file name or the hash of the file you need.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:01 AM, cinca said:

Is there any chance of getting Win 7 Ultimate 64x for the Dell Vostro 1220?  Thank you.

If you share your service tag, I can have a look, but I don't have much hope. Dell seems to provide only Win 7 Pro and Home Basic for public download.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, Vuk-1 said:

Requesting a download can lead to one of the four following cases: Please explain the cases better; what is and where do I find a license. I only have the code numbers of Win7 and Office10. thanks for the explanation Yours sincerely From Switzerland

Cases are updated with more details.

On 8/2/2019 at 12:05 PM, Jan Krohn said:

This will probably be the last chance to get Windows 7 and Office 2010 downloads, before Microsoft drops support for these products in early 2020.

Starting October 1, 0:00 UTC, the download database on the server will be reset on the first day of every month. We will then generate one link per hour on a first come first served basis, whatever is requested, until all licenses are used up. The database is then again reset on the first day of the following month, and downloads can be provided again for some time.

1. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, and the last link generation on the server has happened more than an hour ago ---> new link generation will be attempted, and if successful, the download can be provided.

2. The requested download has been requested and generated in the last 24 hours ---> cached download link will be provided (cached downloads are indicated with a green font in the download tool).

3. All licenses for the product have been used up ---> come back and try again next month after the database reset.

4. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, however, the server did another link generation for a different product in the last hour ---> come back and try again in one hour, and be faster than everyone else.

If October 1 is restored, does that mean that the downloads can be generated from that day? If so, I will be there without a doubt being one of the first since I need to download Win7 Ult Spanish x64

8 hours ago, Hillion said:

Can't download Windows 7 in the Windows iso downloader says Currently unavailable

8 hours ago, Hillion said:

If you can tell me the edition and architecture you need (given that you want English ISOs), I will be able to provide you with a link. Funny that a lot of users simply neglect other threads/topics/posts and I should start charging money for every link given to them💸🤑.

9 hours ago, Johsp said:

If October 1 is restored, does that mean that the downloads can be generated from that day? If so, I will be there without a doubt being one of the first since I need to download Win7 Ult Spanish x64

It's an experimental feature. Downloads will be generated at an extremely slow rate to avoid being blocked by Microsoft.

From the tests I've made, I'm confident that it's going to work, but only at a rate of one download per hour, for about 20,000 daily users... Therefore, chances for people to get the exact download they need might be a bit low.

But if you need an Ultimate download, you can still go for a different edition (Home, Pro), and convert the iso file to an all-in-one file.