Win 7 / Office 2010: Monthly Download Days starting October 1 (experimental)

Jan Krohn

4 hours ago, BelalAShareb said:

Hi, I'm currently downloading windows 7 (August 2018), the second option on the Windows tab, what is it and how is it different from windows 7, the first choice on the list?

Also, is this legal?

Thanks!

It contains all updates up until August 2018 including new versions of MSIE and .NET, and it is legal. Comes straight from MS server.

the Aug 2018 Win7 downloads are "standalone" edition downloads (only come with Home Premium, Pro & Ultimate as separate editions and not bundled together) that include IE11 & .NET 4.7.2 but are available in US English language only.  all post sp1 updates except the big KB3125574 rollup update are included

btw, Oct. 1 is a Tuesday - less than a week away from now 😃

Edited by erpster9

Hi!

I just started downloading the ISOs for Windows 7 (August 2018) 64-bit, and the same problem occurs on all versions:

It starts downloading normally, and then, usually around 500 MB, the download is interrupted. I haven't seen anyone having this exact same issue, but is it because the Windows 7 ISO files are still blocked by MS?

On 9/24/2019 at 10:02 PM, BelalAShareb said:

Hi, I'm currently downloading windows 7 (August 2018), the second option on the Windows tab, what is it and how is it different from windows 7, the first choice on the list?

Also, is this legal?

Thanks!

It's windows 7 with all updates to August 2018

On 9/25/2019 at 2:21 AM, Jan Krohn said:

It contains all updates up until August 2018 including new versions of MSIE and .NET, and it is legal. Comes straight from MS server.

I wanted to ask a question when October 1 will start is it mean that i can download generated links through iso downloader, right?

Edited by Hillion

30 minutes from now, and then one link per hour.

I'll be monitoring the first link generation at 2 a.m. my time, to see whether any immediate actions are necessary., and will have a closer look at the logs tomorrow morning to see whether this experiment is going to be successful or not.

Edit: I miscalculated by one hour... The first link generation will happen in one hour from now... I'll check the logs in the morning...

3 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

30 minutes from now, and then one link per hour.

I'll be monitoring the first link generation at 2 a.m. my time, to see whether any immediate actions are necessary., and will have a closer look at the logs tomorrow morning to see whether this experiment is going to be successful or not.

Edit: I miscalculated by one hour... The first link generation will happen in one hour from now... I'll check the logs in the morning...

I am trying to download the Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 COEM, but keeps showing "Error"

5 hours ago, SnowBall said:

I think so and theoretically yes but I've never experimented with it. In a few hours time, the ISO Downloader will be able to generate links again for Windows 7 and you can download COEM versions there.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong,

I am trying to download the Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 COEM, but keeps showing "Error"

Only one link can be generated per hour. According to the logs, about 800 users compete for each download slot. It's not possible to honour each request.

There are enough licenses on the database to keep generating downloads for about 6 days. If the download you need is not yet available, keep trying.

30 minutes ago, Walker1 said:

Does it mean that if someone generated a link to Windows 7 ISO, then a link to an Office 2010 ISO cannot be generated until an hour has passed?

Correct. However, if you're lucky, someone has generated the Office 2010 link that you require in the past 24 hours, so that it can be served from cache.

I tried to get download link for Visio Premium 2010 Russian several minutes ago and I saw such message: "Error. We encountered a problem processing your request. Please try again later."

As I can see no link was generated, but now when I try to get such link again I see such message: "This file is currently unavailable and can be provided again in a small capacity NEXT MONTH. For now, please select one of the downloads highlighted in green instead". So, I can not download the Russian version of Visio Premium 2010, nor the English version.

Can you tell me why this problem occured?

1 hour ago, Walker1 said:

Can you tell me why this problem occured?

I can, but this is not good news.

Only one Visio link can be generated each month, and you managed to grab that spot a few hours ago.

However, some error occurred on Microsoft's side during link generation, and you got that first error message directly from MS.

Now the next opportunity to get a Visio link will be in November. D'oh....

3 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

I can, but this is not good news.

Only one Visio link can be generated each month, and you managed to grab that spot a few hours ago.

However, some error occurred on Microsoft's side during link generation, and you got that first error message directly from MS.

Now the next opportunity to get a Visio link will be in November. D'oh....

Last hours I have tried to get download links for Visio Professional 2010 TechG and Project Professional 2010 TechG (both for Russian language), but I saw the same errors: "Error. We encountered a problem processing your request. Please try again later."  and no links were created. Can you check if there some problem with licenses you use for getting links to these ISOs?

2 hours ago, SnowBall said:

I have the English version, do you want it?

Thank you, but I have the English version of Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 too. I have downloaded it and Project Professional 2010 32-bit (English) using links published on this forum.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, Walker1 said:

Thank you, but I have the English version of Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 too. I have downloaded it and Project Professional 2010 32-bit (English) using links published on this forum.

My links? They are earlier versions (maybe without service packs) if I recall correctly.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:44 PM, Guest27 said:

Is the august 2018 one the same thing, it's working unlike the other one

No idea what you are talking about but please read other posts before asking. I am sure forum members have already asked this multiple times and I don't want to explain the differences between "normal" and "2018" versions again. Here are links that might help you:

Thanks for re

3 hours ago, SnowBall said:

My links? They are earlier versions (maybe without service packs) if I recall correctly.

No idea what you are talking about but please read other posts before asking. I am sure forum members have already asked this multiple times and I don't want to explain the differences between "normal" and "2018" versions again. Here are links that might help you:

"No idea what you are talking about" my question was clear tho, 2018 is downloadable the other one is not, it's giving that error message(I know why) if it did say "August 2018 update" it would've been clear, my answer was already here anyways and it seems I overlooked it, thanks for replying.

Edited by Guest27