Win 7 / Office 2010: Monthly Download Days starting October 1 (experimental)

Jan Krohn

2 minutes ago, AllisonEvan said:

I think it is currently unavailable to download, or I'm doing something wrong?

Correct. A few Office 2010 downloads are still available from links that were created yesterday, which will have disappeared by the end of day. But Windows 7 is already gone for the month. Depending on when exactly MS shuts down the downloads API after Windows 7 end-of-life, downloads might or might not come back on February 1.

10 minutes ago, Brickstin said:

At Midnight Tonight January 10th starts.
Microsoft ends support for Windows 7 Editions
Does this mean these generated iso links won't be able to be done anymore?
is it pretty much to late?

For a definite answer, you might want to contact Microsoft and ask them when they plan to shut down the downloads API. Everything else is speculation.

(My personal speculation is that it's too late. But let's wait and see what happens on 1 February.)

6 hours ago, sasdf1717 said:

what's the difference between the 2018 edition of Windows 7 (escrow) and the older ones

The recent iso's are badly updated:
- more than one CU integrated for w/e reason
- all the telemetry is most probably in there
- the size of a single index iso is 5GB+, which is roughly the same as a 64-bit AIO with integrated updates, .net 4.8, visual c++ runtimes and directx
The common joke is those iso's were made by newbie interns and are really highly NOT recommended.

Just download a clean media refresh iso, use simplix updatepack on it(download abbodi's addons and put them next to the updatepack if you want). You'll achieve a much better result.

6 hours ago, shhnedo said:

The common joke is those iso's were made by newbie interns and are really highly NOT recommended.

They are indeed badly and unprofessionally made. Looks like somebody installed Windows 7,  installed updates, syspreped it and added it back to the WIM file. I would use the original Windows 7 ISOs from 2011.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:21 PM, SnowBall said:

They are indeed badly and unprofessionally made. Looks like somebody installed Windows 7,  installed updates, syspreped it and added it back to the WIM file. I would use the original Windows 7 ISOs from 2011.

yup.  the aug 2018 w7 isos were truly oversized (overrated) and badly made

Win7 has already past EOL yesterday 1/14/2020

On 1/9/2020 at 7:20 AM, Jan Krohn said:

For a definite answer, you might want to contact Microsoft and ask them when they plan to shut down the downloads API. Everything else is speculation.

(My personal speculation is that it's too late. But let's wait and see what happens on 1 February.)

Feb. 1, 2020 is a Saturday though

Edited by erpster9

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Djsmallboy said:

Soo like how can I download Iso for m windows 7

The last Windows 7 links will disappear from the cache in the next few hours. If the edition that you need is not available now, the next chance to get it will be next month, starting March 1. Unless Microsoft takes down the API by then.

1 hour ago, Djsmallboy said:

When can I download a new version of 8.1 because  am using windows 7 so when can I download windows 8

Windows 8.1 is always available for download. There is no restriction like for Win 7.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, SnowBall said:

Nope, they were never distributed to consumers in ISO format. I can give you digitally signed EXE files if you provide enough information about the product you want.

Were they not? I never knew. I just got a bit confused because Project 2013 ISOs exist online but I need 2010 for Windows Vista.

I just need Project Pro 2010 and Visio Pro 2010. It doesn't have to be activated because I'll just use MS Toolkit. Thanks in advance!

Hello. I have a few questions. My father bought me an Acer laptop back in 2013 and it was really good, yet throughout many years later it became clogged with trash making it very frustrating to use so as a solution I thought to reinstall Windows. Obviously. I needed the correct disc but the only disc I could find in that old box was a Resource DVD - which wasn't enough to do it. The correct disc wasn't included in the box from computer shop I bought it from. At  the time of the purchase I knew less about technical stuff so I never even noticed it. The information I dug up is that before I bought my laptop. Windows was installed already but a reinstallation disc or even the product key sticker were not included. Granted, I did manage to find the key but it was the manufacturer's installed key. When I typed it to the Microsoft webpage (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7) I got an error and was redirected to a forum where the only solution other than borrowing it from others was do download the ISO from your webpage but even then I noticed the downloads are restricted to a certain day. My Office programs are from 2007. So I'm wondering WHEN is the right time to download (writing this on 2020 March 4th) and if it's it even going to help me succesfully reinstall it. All other alternatives and tips that I'm not aware of are very welcome.

Excuse me for errors, english is not my native language.

Best regards.