Win 7 / Office 2010: Monthly Download Days starting October 1 (experimental)

Jan Krohn

On 7/17/2020 at 1:25 AM, rodrigo_vda said:

Why are there only english versions of windows 7 (August 2018)?

Does that version have any special feature? would it result in any difference if I install that version of windows 7 or if I install any other windows 7 image and let it update?

I've been trying to find the other languages, without success so far.

It doesn't really make a difference which image you download. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I think it's been discussed a few times already.

Yes, I'm 9 hrs ahead of PST. However, the downloads will start at 00:00 UTC, which I believe is 7 hrs ahead of PST.

If you want the US English edition, there should be no need to set an alarm to the hour. That language usually is one of the first ones to unlock, and after unlocking, the link will remain active for 24 hours. That gives you plenty of time for downloading.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm reinstalling an older computer Lenovo think center (I5-2400 @3.1 GHz, 32 bit) with new SSD and would like to reinstall Windows 7 Pro.  I tried unfortunatelly without success to get the iso file here...

I have a  Key for Windows 7 Pro OA on the sticker on the side of the computer.

Any chance to find a legal iso file somewhere ?

Many thanks in advance

Funny, I'm looking for the same iso right now.

You can get it from MS if it will accept your key; https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows7

It won't accept mine, telling me to get it from 'the device manufacturer' and I don't think Lenovo will have that handy...

Hello there,

My Windows 7 OS has become corrupt and I can't upgrade to WIndows 10 like this.
I need a Windows 7 ISO so that I can hopefully repair the OS and then upgrade to 10.

I would like to make a request for a Windows 7 Professional SP1 DUTCH ISO.
On the Windows ISO downloader app I tried getting it, but it says that it is not available.

Please let me know if it is possible

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

How long i have to wait for a new download for win7 sp1? Right now its 4:39AM UTC. Is there anyone who has downloaded it? Please share the download link for win 7 sp1. 

[edit]
Nvm, the download is working now. Thanks you very much 😀

Edited by xociyev
the download is working

I just tried again and downloaded the English ISO, but the Swedish ISO is still unavailable.

The downloads don't seem to start at 00:00 UTC, what is the actual start time?

Is the Swedish ISO gone or was I just too early when I tried several times between 00:00-01:30 UTC and too late when I tried 10 hours later?

The start time is 00:00 UTC. It started with Win 7 Pro Finnish, then at 01:00 UTC Win 7 Ultimate Brazilian was added, at 02:00 Office 2020 Home&Business English was added, then Win 7 Pro Portuguese, then Win 7 Ultimate English etc. One download per hour. Each download stays up for 24 hours.

Thank you, it makes more sense now. I thought they all started at 00:00 UTC and continued to a limit.

Is the order pre-defined? Or does the first person/download open up an edition at 00:00 UTC, then the next person/download opens the next edition at 01:00 UTC and so on?

This means that if you need a rare edition, you have to be the first person at the exact beginning of an hour?

Also, does this continue for 24 hours, meaning that 24 editions could be made available during the day?

What's the meaning of this?
At 00:00 AM today I look if the Dutch version of Windows 7 Prof. SP1 is available and I keep getting the message that it is not yet available please wait or something

Then 6 hours later:
This file is currently unavailable, and can be provided again in a small capacity NEXT MONTH!!

How many times can someone download these version and why are they gone so fast??!!!

12 hours ago, Anders_P said:

Is the order pre-defined? Or does the first person/download open up an edition at 00:00 UTC, then the next person/download opens the next edition at 01:00 UTC and so on?

It's a first-come first-served basis. The first person that triggers a download after 00:00 decides on the first image that's being made available.

This means that if you need a rare edition, you have to be the first person at the exact beginning of an hour?

Correct. However, since no-one usually manages to hit the button at the exact hour, there are usually a few seconds difference (for example, the second image might become available at 01:00:15, the third ast 02:00:30 etc.) These small intervals accumulate over time. By now, it's already accumulated to 25 minutes after the full hour.

You can know if you triggered a new download when it takes unusually long before any result shows us (usually 10 to 20 seconds).

Also, does this continue for 24 hours, meaning that 24 editions could be made available during the day?

Correct. Usually there are 24 different editions available at any time, as long as there are unused product keys available on the database, from which new downloads can be generated. Usually, Win 7 Pro and Ultimate are used up first, then the Home and OEM editions, and Office downloads last the longest. After 6 days, all keys are used up, and after 7 days, the last downloads have expired.

1 hour ago, Testramator said:

What's the meaning of this?
At 00:00 AM today I look if the Dutch version of Windows 7 Prof. SP1 is available and I keep getting the message that it is not yet available please wait or something

Then 6 hours later:
This file is currently unavailable, and can be provided again in a small capacity NEXT MONTH!!

How many times can someone download these version and why are they gone so fast??!!!

That's because I only have five product keys for Win 7 Pro on file. Each one can generate one download link per month. Once they're used up, that's it. Next month, next chance.

However, Win 7 Home Premium COEM is currently available in Dutch. The link expires at 9:10 tomorrow morning. You can easily convert that image to Windows 7 Pro.

4 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

That's because I only have five product keys for Win 7 Pro on file. Each one can generate one download link per month. Once they're used up, that's it. Next month, next chance.

However, Win 7 Home Premium COEM is currently available in Dutch. The link expires at 9:10 tomorrow morning. You can easily convert that image to Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks and sorry for my response earlier.

Can you tell me how I can convert the image to Windows 7 pro if it is easy?
Do have any external links?

1 hour ago, Testramator said:

Can you tell me how I can convert the image to Windows 7 pro if it is easy?
Do have any external links?

No need to use external software. After downloading, open the image file in the ISO downloader (yellow icon that looks like a disc). Then you can do the conversion.

Thanks for explaining. No luck with the Swedish edition but I'll try next month again. Also big thanks for making the win7 downloads possible.

By the way, while I was fiddling around I noticed that win7 home basic english actually linked to the COEM edition.

And I didn't see any win7 N editions, are they not available anymore?

1 hour ago, Anders_P said:

By the way, while I was fiddling around I noticed that win7 home basic english actually linked to the COEM edition.

Indeed. I'll change that for the next release.

1 hour ago, Anders_P said:

And I didn't see any win7 N editions, are they not available anymore?

Unfortunately no. I did try to obtain product keys to generate these downloads too, but basically gave up on them when Microsoft throttled the product key usage to once per month.