Win 7 / Office 2010: Monthly Download Days starting October 1 (experimental)

Jan Krohn

The COEM image works just fine with retail keys.

It's not guaranteed that all images become available in all languages every month. If you pass the COEM download, there's the chance that you'll end up with nothing.

1 hour ago, Helson Ferreira said:

Good afternoon, I'm trying to download ISO Windows 7 Professional COEM Pt-BR but it's offline, when will it be available?

It's determined by a first-come first-served process. Keep trying.

There are some other PT-BR editions currenly available. You might want to grab one of those before they disappear, just in case Win 7 Pro COEM won't have a turn this month.

Hi, can someone help me get a copy of this please?  I've been trying for two months now on the 1st and I can never get it to download.  I have an old desktop computer that the hard drive died in and I purchased a new hard drive, but my window's license is OEM and the manufacturer doesn't have the files anymore to give me and when I try to download from MS, it tells me to contact the manufacturer.  I don't even know if i want windows 7 home premium or the OEM one.  I think it's best to stay away from OEM, but on the other hand, that's what my license is.

If the file is available in your language, grab it, irrespective of edition and OEM/retail. You can always convert the file to a universal image in case the exact required file doesn't come up this month.

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, Kitkat said:

Hi, can someone help me get a copy of this please?  I've been trying for two months now on the 1st and I can never get it to download.  I have an old desktop computer that the hard drive died in and I purchased a new hard drive, but my window's license is OEM and the manufacturer doesn't have the files anymore to give me and when I try to download from MS, it tells me to contact the manufacturer.  I don't even know if i want windows 7 home premium or the OEM one.  I think it's best to stay away from OEM, but on the other hand, that's what my license is.

The internet Archive has several Windows 7 OEM iso's with direct downloads or torrent links.

You didn't say what brand. OEM manufacturers have embedded SLIC (software licensing description table) with the key already in  the bios. Apparently any Windows 7 OEM iso will work.

The Internet Archive has Windows 7 OEM ISO's available for direct download. Go to Archive.org, Click on the Software icon (looks like floppy disk icon to me), in the window that comes up on the left side is a search text box. Type "windows 7 OEM" press enter, it will show the results, an OEM ISO may already be showing.  There's several so if the first one doesn't work try another .

It's pretty rotten that the mfg of you computer is refusing to get u download media. They have the ISO's but refuse to help u out hoping you'll just upgrade to new one, thru them. Pretty stupid if u ask me.

There's the Windows ISO Downloader.exe tool from www.heidoc.net that can download a generic OEM iso, the only issue is there are a lot of people downloading the OEM's and a limited of downloads per month. Here's a link to a Microsoft answers thread with info about the tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-oem-iso/867343f7-eded-4bc4-ac8b-4c03c2c16f04 you will have to scroll down to find the conversation. I linked the download tool at the beginning of this paragragh.

Just to clarify Microsoft make COEM's (Commericial OEM ISO's) which are a generic OEM iso. See this link - https://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-7-8-1-and-10-direct-techbench-downloads/

Scroll down and you find this info -

COEM = Commerical OEM .isos are otherwise known as generic system builder .isos. These can be used with OEM keys on Windows 7 COAs affixed to your computer but requires phone activation. For a computer manufactured by Microsoft's largest OEMs such as

So your OEM key will work the COEM iso. Which is available with download tool above or go find one on the internet.

Edit -  Found it on archive .org Win7_Pro_SP1_English_COEM_x64.iso

Edited by SoCalBrayn

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, Jan Krohn said:

The English downloads are always among the first to be unlocked.

However, no guarantees that the downloads will come back on 1 August, since MS has taken the download page offline.

Can't seem to download files, keep getting this file will be available next month. Has Microsoft finally taken down Windows 7 and Office 2010 links?  

Yes, it's gone.

Since MS is going to pull MSIE from Win 11, more changes need to be done. Please wait for an official announcement about the ISO Downloader.

In the mean time, I've set up a Gofundme to cover the cost of a Visual Studio subscription (formerly MSDN). My first tests have revealed that download links from MSDN can be shared, so there's still hope to get Win 7 back - if the funding goal can be met.

https://gofund.me/f1bcfca3

31 minutes ago, Jan Krohn said:

Yes, it's gone.

Since MS is going to pull MSIE from Win 11, more changes need to be done. Please wait for an official announcement about the ISO Downloader.

In the mean time, I've set up a Gofundme to cover the cost of a Visual Studio subscription (formerly MSDN). My first tests have revealed that download links from MSDN can be shared, so there's still hope to get Win 7 back - if the funding goal can be met.

https://gofund.me/f1bcfca3

Sad. Hopefully you reach your goal! What message did it give when you tried requesting the api? Did it give something like this api has been discontinued? Or did it give there was an error processing your request?

On 8/2/2021 at 10:24 AM, Jan Krohn said:

"We encountered a problem processing your request. Please try again later."

I'm very sure there will be no later.

I think it is gone for good too. I just tried the legacy version of your iso downloader, and it seems to work fine, only think that does not work is Office 2007, 2010, Windows 7, and certain versions of Windows 8. image.thumb.png.7fa415c2cdf6fe67753f6746c4a23a67.png