Win 7 / Office 2010: Monthly Download Days starting October 1 (experimental)

Jan Krohn

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, Jan Krohn said:

It's an experimental feature. Downloads will be generated at an extremely slow rate to avoid being blocked by Microsoft.

From the tests I've made, I'm confident that it's going to work, but only at a rate of one download per hour, for about 20,000 daily users... Therefore, chances for people to get the exact download they need might be a bit low.

But if you need an Ultimate download, you can still go for a different edition (Home, Pro), and convert the iso file to an all-in-one file.

how do you convert it 

5 minutes ago, Windows 7 is the best said:

also are the windows 7 iso files the same as if you entered a product key on the Microsoft site cause I have a real windows 7 pc beside me so I tested the iso and it looks different 

Yes, the images are identical (unless you've chosen the August 2018 release, or the Dell version.)

In what way does your image look different? Have you compared hashes?

I have windows 10 and I'm trying to dual boot windows 7 along with it.  I mounted the iso to my usb, and partitioned my drive.  When I try to select any drive on the windows 7 installation screen it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is not of the GPT partition style". I can't figure out why it's doing this, could it be something wrong with the iso? I downloaded ultimate edition 64 bit from the August 2018 option.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, X17 said:

I have windows 10 and I'm trying to dual boot windows 7 along with it.  I mounted the iso to my usb, and partitioned my drive.  When I try to select any drive on the windows 7 installation screen it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is not of the GPT partition style". I can't figure out why it's doing this, could it be something wrong with the iso? I downloaded ultimate edition 64 bit from the August 2018 option.

your currently installed windows 10 uses "GPT/EFI disk" partition structure, and that windows 7 which you are trying to install supports "MBR disk" partition structure, so you have to either convert disk (whole HDD) to MBR or make use of a UEFI/GPT based bootable windows 7,
I don,t actually know if windows 7 supports UEFI boot, as I have never seen UEFI in win 7, (although I might be wrong in my this win7 knowledge)
-or- just convert to MBR disk structure, there are many tools like easeus partition manager, etc  (UEFI is modern whereas MBR is a Legacy system)

• 3 weeks later...

Are these downloads still available? 

Spent months trying to get updates applied to my Win7 Home Premium OA so I could update to Win10 but had no luck.  Laptop updated once in dec 2013 via WU and has been unable to get updates since.  We have other computers that are more capable and that we use far more often, but now with kids out of school, I am just trying to see if I can get this thing running. 

I tried installing Win10, but there seems to be an issue with video driver. I tried injecting the amd legacy video drivers into the iso but it doesn't seem to have worked or I grabbed the wrong ones.  Tried dism in cmd as well, to manually add them to the driverstore, but was unable to get them to install.  Win10 installs and but hangs (maybe not hangs, but there is black scree) just before the usual "Welcome to Windows, getting things started" where you input your info and select/unselect privacy stuff, so install isnt complete.  Not able to boot insafemode because complete install failed.

Only workaround I can think of is installing fresh Win7 and injecting all the updates (or just downloading the rollout and installing normally) and then try upgrading to Win10 using the tool.  As of now, if I run that tool, I get an error saying I need IE11, but I cannot get IE11 because I need SP1, and I can't get SP1 without a prerequisite of drivers.  Some I have been able to obtain and install manually, but there seems to be a specific order that they may have needed to be installed in and I'm not privvy of it.

How old is your laptop? What model and which version of Radeon it has?

I just managed to install Windows 10 Pro x64 to a Acer Aspire 5553G that has a Radeon HD 4200 onboard and a Radeon HD 5000 series discreet chip.

I had struggled to install the drivers to get the correct resolution but finally all is OK.

There was no way to make them both working so I had to disable the onboard card from BIOS so the discreet to work correctly.

If you are in the same situation I think you can do the same.

You have to disable update drivers from Window Updates that always force install the latest drivers that finally breaks the resolution https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/

HD 5000 series  have driver support for Windows® 10 and DirectX 11 https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-615

For HD 4000 series you have to install the windows 7/8 AMD legacy driver in compatibility mode. https://community.amd.com/thread/186846

Hope this helps.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:17 AM, ianymaty said:

How old is your laptop? What model and which version of Radeon it has?

I just managed to install Windows 10 Pro x64 to a Acer Aspire 5553G that has a Radeon HD 4200 onboard and a Radeon HD 5000 series discreet chip.

I had struggled to install the drivers to get the correct resolution but finally all is OK.

There was no way to make them both working so I had to disable the onboard card from BIOS so the discreet to work correctly.

If you are in the same situation I think you can do the same.

You have to disable update drivers from Window Updates that always force install the latest drivers that finally breaks the resolution https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/

HD 5000 series  have driver support for Windows® 10 and DirectX 11 https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-615

For HD 4000 series you have to install the windows 7/8 AMD legacy driver in compatibility mode. https://community.amd.com/thread/186846

Hope this helps.

Laptop is from 2012/2013. Old 15" Dell Inspiron m5030.

I did end up getting Win10 installed and running properly.  It has the 4000series (4250) graphics so I downloaded the Win8 drivers and injected those and that didn't work, but using the legacy *beta* drivers did the trick.

I couldn't get into safe or recovery mode because Windows never fully installed.  I had been letting it sit for about 30min but in reality, it took close to an hour, maybe more, for windows to fully install.

Doesn't run bad, might look into upgrading to SSD, jumping up to 8gb ram (was 3gb stock, threw in a single 4gb leftover from Alienware Alpha ram upgrade, then threw in another 2gb) and possibly CPU as a last resort. Main use will be so kids can do schoolwork on chrome, so SSD and RAM will probably be good enough.  Preliminary tests are good, just need to make sure they don't have multiple tabs open until we get more RAM.

Yes, a SSD is a must and RAM the more, the better. Anyway your model can only support maximum 6 GB RAM as per specs here https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-15-m5030_setup guide_en-us.pdf

Don't inject any driver, just use the plain ISO to install and go from there. Remember to disable video driver update from Windows Update.

Make sure you also have the latest BIOS installed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 6:05 PM, Jan Krohn said:

This will probably be the last chance to get Windows 7 and Office 2010 downloads, before Microsoft drops support for these products in early 2020.

Starting October 1, 0:00 UTC, the download database on the server will be reset on the first day of every month. We will then generate one link per hour on a first come first served basis, whatever is requested, until all licenses are used up. The database is then again reset on the first day of the following month, and downloads can be provided again for some time.

Requesting a download can result in one of the four following cases:

1. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, and the last link generation on the server has happened more than an hour ago ---> new link generation will be attempted, and if successful, the download can be provided.

2. The requested download has been requested and generated in the last 24 hours ---> cached download link will be provided (cached downloads are indicated with a green font in the download tool).

3. All licenses for the product have been used up ---> come back and try again next month after the database reset.

4. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, however, the server did another link generation for a different product in the last hour ---> come back and try again in one hour, and be faster than everyone else.

I will think about error messages so that you guys can distinguish between cases 3. and 4. easily. Let's see how this will go. Hopefully everyone can still get all downloads they need before MS takes them down for good...

On 8/2/2019 at 6:05 PM, Jan Krohn said:

This will probably be the last chance to get Windows 7 and Office 2010 downloads, before Microsoft drops support for these products in early 2020.

Starting October 1, 0:00 UTC, the download database on the server will be reset on the first day of every month. We will then generate one link per hour on a first come first served basis, whatever is requested, until all licenses are used up. The database is then again reset on the first day of the following month, and downloads can be provided again for some time.

1. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, and the last link generation on the server has happened more than an hour ago ---> new link generation will be attempted, and if successful, the download can be provided.

2. The requested download has been requested and generated in the last 24 hours ---> cached download link will be provided (cached downloads are indicated with a green font in the download tool).

3. All licenses for the product have been used up ---> come back and try again next month after the database reset.

4. A license for link generation of the requested file is currently available, however, the server did another link generation for a different product in the last hour ---> come back and try again in one hour, and be faster than everyone else.

I will think about error messages so that you guys can distinguish between cases 3. and 4. easily. Let's see how this will go. Hopefully everyone can still get all downloads they need before MS takes them down for good...

I'm trying to reinstall Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (or maybe Pro Plus) on a Lenovo W520 after wiping and reinstalling Windows 7.  I saved my product key from the original installation, although Magic Jelly Bean listed it as "Professional" and Produkey listed it as "Professional Plus".  I don't have discs, but have managed to find some installers, only to have the product key not work once everything is fully installed and updated.   The product ID that my key goes with is: 82503-210-8058194-49421.  Anyone know what version of Office that is?  Is this the same issue as there is with Windows 7 - where there's a retail and OEM version and the key only works with a specific one?  I'd like to try again with one of the HeiDoc downloads next month.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:44 AM, Chuck S said:

I'm trying to reinstall Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (or maybe Pro Plus) on a Lenovo W520 after wiping and reinstalling Windows 7.  I saved my product key from the original installation, although Magic Jelly Bean listed it as "Professional" and Produkey listed it as "Professional Plus".  I don't have discs, but have managed to find some installers, only to have the product key not work once everything is fully installed and updated.   The product ID that my key goes with is: 82503-210-8058194-49421.  Anyone know what version of Office that is?  Is this the same issue as there is with Windows 7 - where there's a retail and OEM version and the key only works with a specific one?  I'd like to try again with one of the HeiDoc downloads next month.

Does the MS website allow to download the product?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/office

For Office, they're more generous for allowing users to download their product, unless it's an MSDN or HUP or similar low cost key.

7 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

Does the MS website allow to download the product?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/office

For Office, they're more generous for allowing users to download their product, unless it's an MSDN or HUP or similar low cost key.

It does not, unfortunately.  It sends me in an infinite loop - I enter the product key, it says I have to log in.  I log in, enter the product key again, it sends me back to the original page.

12 hours ago, Chuck S said:

It does not, unfortunately.  It sends me in an infinite loop - I enter the product key, it says I have to log in.  I log in, enter the product key again, it sends me back to the original page.

Oh, well, then I hope the downloads API is still up and running...

We'll have to wait until Monday to find out.

• 2 weeks later...
El 8/2/2019 a las 14:05, Jan Krohn dijo:

Probablemente esta sea la última oportunidad de obtener descargas de Windows 7 y Office 2010, antes de que Microsoft deje de admitir estos productos a principios de 2020.

A partir del 1 de octubre a las 0:00 UTC, la base de datos de descarga en el servidor se restablecerá el primer día de cada mes. Luego generaremos un enlace por hora por orden de llegada, lo que se solicite, hasta que se agoten todas las licencias. La base de datos se restablece nuevamente el primer día del mes siguiente, y las descargas se pueden volver a proporcionar durante algún tiempo.

Solicitar una descarga puede resultar en uno de los cuatro casos siguientes:

1. Actualmente se encuentra disponible una licencia para la generación de enlaces del archivo solicitado, y la última generación de enlaces en el servidor ocurrió hace más de una hora ---> se intentará generar una nueva conexión, y si tiene éxito, se puede proporcionar la descarga .

2. La descarga solicitada se ha solicitado y generado en las últimas 24 horas ---> se proporcionará un enlace de descarga en caché (las descargas en caché se indican con una fuente verde en la herramienta de descarga).

3. Todas las licencias del producto se han agotado ---> regrese e intente nuevamente el próximo mes después del restablecimiento de la base de datos.

4. Actualmente está disponible una licencia para la generación de enlaces del archivo solicitado, sin embargo, el servidor realizó otra generación de enlaces para un producto diferente en la última hora ---> regrese e intente nuevamente en una hora, y sea más rápido que todos los demás .

Pensaré en los mensajes de error para que puedan distinguir entre los casos 3. y 4. fácilmente. Veamos cómo va esto. Esperemos que todos puedan obtener todas las descargas que necesitan antes de que MS las elimine definitivamente ...

On 2/8/2019 at 14:05, Jan Krohn said:

i know i am a little bit late for this, but i hope i can download the Windows 7 home premium 32 bits next month, i need it so bad because i installed the windows 10 in my PC (Atom D525 1.80 GHz 4 CPUs) and its terrible in here, while in the past the Windows 7 home premium 32 bits worked fantastically and perfect considering my configurations

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 7:45 PM, Jan Krohn said:

If you post a service tag, I can try to add XPS 9100. But I don't think it's really necessary. I all likelihood, the download is identical to XPS 8900.

Is there a downloand for Dell Inspiron N5110? I'm looking for Windows 7 Home Premium. My laptop has a OEM product key. Hope I can use this product key to activate the ISO downloaded from HeiDoc.net.

Edited by Srini
Additional details.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 8:15 PM, Srini said:

Is there a downloand for Dell Inspiron N5110? I'm looking for Windows 7 Home Premium. My laptop has a OEM product key. Hope I can use this product key to activate the ISO downloaded from HeiDoc.net.

I've not seen any other Windows 7 downloads that Dell has made available for public download except Win 7 Pro and Home Basic. If you want you can send me your service tag by PM, and I'll have a look whether it's possible to generate downloads from it, but I'd say that chances are pretty low.

Hi, I have freshly installed Windows a while ago on my laptop and tried to download Office 2010 from the Microsoft website. It gave a message that my key is only valid for installation by a manufacturer. I also tried to download the Professional Pro version with the ISO download tool at the beginning of several months but no succes there. Is there any way I can obtain a not illegal version of Office 2010? After all, I do have a genuine key and I would not want to pay twice;) Any advice is appreciated!

On 7/15/2020 at 3:19 PM, Rosanna said:

Hi, I have freshly installed Windows a while ago on my laptop and tried to download Office 2010 from the Microsoft website. It gave a message that my key is only valid for installation by a manufacturer. I also tried to download the Professional Pro version with the ISO download tool at the beginning of several months but no succes there. Is there any way I can obtain a not illegal version of Office 2010? After all, I do have a genuine key and I would not want to pay twice;) Any advice is appreciated!

You can search the web for the correct download. The metadata of the original file can be found here. https://www.heidoc.net/php/myvsdump_name.php?family=Office+2010&name=Office+Professional+Plus+2010

If the hashes match, then the file is not tampered with or otherwise corrupt.

Even if most of the downloads on the internet are not legal, it's allowed (at least in most places) to download and use the files if you own a valid license.