[Editable] Vista Firefox 2.0.0.14 (April 16-08)

ricktendo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i wish the directions were more detailed b/c it took me a while to find the prefs.js file.

eventually after some lengthy time, i discovered that its located under C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Mozilla

also another problem is, if you cant find the application data file its because you have to enable view hidden files and folders options. from there i also copied over the localstore.rdf and mimeTypes.rdf files, which after looking online, seemed to deal with some custom saved preferences (mostly with gui i believe) that one might do after installing ff.

first - respect 4 ur work! next - it is possible to build a german version? and can u integrate the divx web player (you dont have to do it but i mean its complete then)

Hi rick,

I would really appreciate if you would follow im-pulze's request and build a german version of your very good FF-addon! :)

Best regards

cool400

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the file & I have Winrar. I guess I'm REALLY dumb or stupid, but I can't seem to be able to understand EXACTLY how to modify this file with my bookmarks, extensions & preferences & plugins/addons etc. I'd be eternally appreciative if someone could detail this in exacting detail so this "dumb" brain can understand. I'm sure this is probably simple, but I'm just not seeing it at the moment. Thanks very,very much for your kind & understanding help. :(:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

@Ricktendo:

Hi there, great guide so far and thanks for that, but one thing is not 100% clear to me:

In the FF.exe, you wrote:

; Plugins:

;"%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\plugins" -> "nonlocalized\plugins" & "nonlocalized\components"

So, do we have to copy the files from our plugin-folder to both packed folders (i.e. the same files in both the two packed folders), or do we have to copy the content of our plugins-folder to the zipped plugins-folder and the content of our components-folder to the zipped components folder?

No mikel, some plugins add files to both folders...Take WGA and OGA for example, they put a .DLL in Plugins folder and also a extra file .XPT in Components so.

If you want to know what files are added and where, before you install a new plugin into Firefox take a snapshot of your system with Installwatch, then install the plugin and then go back to installwatch and see what files were added where

But ussually most plugins are a single .DLL file that goes in Plugins

• 3 weeks later...