[Editable] Vista Firefox 2.0.0.14 (April 16-08)

ricktendo

This is an awesome addon, always goes in my unattended CD.........thnx for the your time you are putting into this.....Cheers :-)

And i've a request, can you add Wikipedia and IMDB Search Plugins into this?

Thnx in Advance....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is an awesome addon, always goes in my unattended CD.........thnx for the your time you are putting into this.....Cheers :-)

And i've a request, can you add Wikipedia and IMDB Search Plugins into this?

Thnx in Advance....

No reason...thats why I made it editable, so you can add any plugins or extensions of your choice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at adding extensions and plugins not already installed on the system for my addon maker. All that is needed for adding extensions is a script to extract the xpi file and get the folder name between the first instance of <em:id></em:id> or between the quotes of the first instance of em:id"" from the install.rdf file.

<em:id>{89506680-e3f4-484c-a2c0-ed711d481eda}</em:id> folder={89506680-e3f4-484c-a2c0-ed711d481eda}
or em:id"{89506680-e3f4-484c-a2c0-ed711d481eda}" folder={89506680-e3f4-484c-a2c0-ed711d481eda}

Create the directory in "localized\defaults\profile\extensions" folder and copy everything that was extracted from xpi into the folder, then setup.exe will install it for you. Any info required to personalize it would need to entered on first run. Some extensions create folders outside of the extensions folder but they will be created when the profile is created. So they should not be a problem.

Themes appear to be more complex. I have not attempted anything with them, yet.

If I can help, I'd be glad too.

Edited by Jonnyboy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...