Boot stucks at Checking NVRAM..

Krinal

I have old pc having AMD Sempron 2.20ghz single core processor.

2 GB of DDR2 RAM

500gb hdd.

AMI BIOS

SIMMTRONICS MOTHERBOARD

MY pc gets stuck ar checking NVRAM..

It can't pass the post test.

Solution already tried :

1. I have resetted bios settings to default.

2. I have shorted cmos jumpers and cleared cmos.

3. I have pulled out a cmos battery and and cleared cmos.

4. I have tried turning on my pc on minimum components like only power cables of mobo. And harddisk.

5. Tried removing all connected usbs.

Can somebody help me solving this problem.

Edited by Krinal
Additional info

Hi, 

after reading your post and the things you've done I'd say it's either a MBO fault or a RAM issue.

Have you tried to clean the RAM slots with compressed air and also to clean the RAM connectors with a school rubber? After this you might try to move the RAM module to another memory slot.

If that doesn't help I would say that it most definitely is the motherboard issue although this answer might not be a satisfying one :(.

4 hours ago, NIM said:

Hi, 

after reading your post and the things you've done I'd say it's either a MBO fault or a RAM issue.

Have you tried to clean the RAM slots with compressed air and also to clean the RAM connectors with a school rubber? After this you might try to move the RAM module to another memory slot.

If that doesn't help I would say that it most definitely is the motherboard issue although this answer might not be a satisfying one :(.

I have also cleaned ram with school rubber and cleaned ram slot too. But still no luck.

Edited by Krinal

1 hour ago, NIM said:

Well, it could be nice if you'd be able to acquire another memory stick and try it on your MBO. If that won't help, it's a MBO for sure.

I have 4 sticks of each 1 gb, tried each alone as well as in combination in both slots.

• 1 year later...

Hi...to reset the profiles its helpful to have the manual for your board .first eliminate the case cover and locate the suitable jumpers look in the manual it will show you where they are.before doing this MAKE SURE that everything is unplugged and you are grounded to the case,any friction based electricity develop can harm your equipment or eradicate your profiles all together,then bounce the jumper and set it back to its unique position this should return them to defaultg.

pcb turnkey assembly

Edited by IsacVries