[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I got impatient so I started updating my CD ... Now I am on a mission :cool04:

So in the end I don't need it, thank you for the upload though ...

or wait... did you secretly bug the file :crying_anim02: lol

Edited by Sull

From what I can deduce from your screenshot your My Computer icons are still xp'ish, the answer is No thats not normal. Most if not all your icons should be vistaized

As for Visual Styles and other 3rd party soft thats normal, no addons are integrated only DLL and EXE files are patched.

thanks Rick for the fast reply,

Ok now will try onepiece IE7

:unsure: Out of topic question...

Bytheway what is the most recommendable workflow?

slimming with nlite after integrating all addons mention above resulting black clock etc in Sidebar

can you confirm md5 hash for downloaded SP3 RC1 correct?

mine : 7A958DD2BB1F4D80867C8D16EED9707B

Yep we have the same hash. The black clock is not caused by nLite, it just means the Windows Sidebar was not registered correctly but you can fix this by going to add or remove programs and instead of uninstalling use the "Change" button to re-register

I slim down my ISO allot also and doesn't happen ;)

Rick, V'iso isn't working anymore with my sp3 rc1 integrations.

The boot screen isn't getting patched and vpc freezes during gui boot after install (just before RunOnceEx, at the old boring XP boot screen).

SP2 integrations work fine.

I integrated sp3 along with ie7 & wmp11 with nlite, patched SFC, Uxtheme & syssetup with Zacam's sp3 patches using RVMI with no other addons.

Do you know which file the icons would be in ?

The update icon in the taskbar is back to original and in the start menu, that one looks new for SP3, though I still like the older one better.

Thanks

shell32.dll would be the one ure looking for, altho of course their are others.but this is th main file witch contains most icons.

@sull, i can see only 2 reasons why ure things arent change, u have hotfixes installer during the install of windows,or um dont apply viso at the very end b4 compiling ure iso.sp3 only updates files and prolly adds a couple too, but the point is, it updates shell32.dll wich is responsible for the vast majority of icon the user sees.so the version changes but is still "patchable' afterwards, i doubt theyd change the resource structure of the file.so thats why; 1-some kb hotfixes are ran durign the setup and NOT truley integrated(slipstreamed on the source)or 2 viso isint ran at the very last of the integration stages of ure image.

Edited by bober

I have no idea why that happened, I redid my installation and added a few things ... ricks post SP3 add on etc and my icons are fine

I know the majority of icons are in shell32.dll but the windows update ones are not.

Check out this funky glitch

glitch.JPG

Beta 6 12-25-07

- Fixed windbrand.dll bug (thanks to bober)

- No longer removes Logoff/Shutdown text

- Removed Cursors from user32.dll

- Removed green Vista AVI's and Dialog box mod (now uses more "XP like" copy, move, delete AVI's and the default dialog box layout)

Well that is a very Merry Christmas ( for those who celabrate it )

"- No longer removes Logoff/Shutdown text" You are talking about the text in the start menu correct, I did not know V'ISO did that, for some reason I though I had added that by reg entry, could you tell me how to remove the text please ?

"- Removed Cursors from user32.dll" I am not familiar with these ?

"Vista's avi and dialog box" I have been using the one from Beta 4, I am just in love with it, though on my Sony I removed the AVI's as it is not a very fast machine, I would like to shrink the box down where the AVI was, maybe someone can help me .....

Well thanks for all your hard work ricktendo64

Edited by Sull

Beta 6 12-25-07

- Removed green Vista AVI's and Dialog box mod (now uses more "XP like" copy, move, delete AVI's and the default dialog box layout)

Noooooooo! :crying_anim02:

I LOVED that part!

Which .res file did those hide in from beta 5 so I can change them back Rick?

Merry Christmas!

(or is it Feliz Navidad?)

Noooooooo! :crying_anim02:

I LOVED that part!

Which .res file did those hide in from beta 5 so I can change them back Rick?

Merry Christmas!

(or is it Feliz Navidad?)

Mr_Smartepants they are in the shell32.res