[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rick :) Hey i wondered if you could help me out with a small problem ;) I have been using V'ISO to patch my Xp Sp3(RC) and I get a small defect problem with my start button (see pic) if i don't patch every think is ok , y???? also u haven't updated the boot screen to work with Sp3(RC) yet, have u?? and I'm with Mr_Smartepants "bring back the green Vista AVI's!!" LOL I dont care about the dialog box just the AVI bit....

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR :) thank 4 all ya work Rick :):)

post-746-1199025973.jpg

Edited by wrx

Hi Rick :) Hey i wondered if you could help me out with a small problem ;) I have been using V'ISO to patch my Xp Sp3(RC) and I get a small defect problem with my start button (see pic) if i don't patch every think is ok , y???? also u haven't updated the boot screen to work with Sp3(RC) yet, have u?? and I'm with Mr_Smartepants "bring back the green Vista AVI's!!" LOL I dont care about the dialog box just the AVI bit....

me also i have the same problem in my french version ??

2 wrx

2 ricktendo64

i think, start button defect caused by explorer.exe.res bitmaps 143 and 176

working ones attached

Edited by amnesia

I'm having the same problem after using V'ISO Beta6, i'm using Luna Element 5.1 with latest UXTheme and SFC_OS patch (v1.3f), but the start menu icon's right rounded side is simply cut off.

If i simply integrate the theme with RVM Integrator and don't patch up with V'ISO everything is looking fine.

I also noticed that - for me at least - fast user switching does not work after applying V'ISO, only the server-style "specify login name and password" prompt comes up, still fast-user switching is enabled in the control panel... I'm using the beta XP SP3 RC1 build 3264. Am i making something wrong?

Icon-bug: I also found a very little graphical glitch. If i open computer management and use event viewer, the event categories (Application, IE, Security, System) do have good default icons, but when you open any of 'em the "opened" icon state shows the old resource icon, when you open another category for example System log after Security log, the "unopened" icon displays the correct new graphics, so it could be fixed by using the same icon for opened and closed state for a quick fix... see attached pic.

post-5924-1199634145.png

post-5924-1199638223.png

post-5924-1199642065.png

Edited by PeaNut

2 PeaNut

I also noticed that - for me at least - fast user switching does not work after applying V'ISO, only the server-style "specify login name and password" prompt comes up, still fast-user switching is enabled in the control panel... I'm using the beta XP SP3 RC1 build 3264. Am i making something wrong?

check your registry for

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"LogonType"=dword:00000000

and try to change it to

"LogonType"=dword:00000001

Icon-bug: I also found a very little graphical glitch. If i open computer management and use event viewer, the event categories (Application, IE, Security, System) do have good default icons, but when you open any of 'em the "opened" icon state shows the old resource icon, when you open another category for example System log after Security log, the "unopened" icon displays the correct new graphics, so it could be fixed by using the same icon for opened and closed state for a quick fix... see attached pic.

2 PeaNut

replace 102.bmp in els.dll.res

with attached

or use els.dll.rar

Edited by amnesia

2 PeaNut

check your registry for

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"LogonType"=dword:00000000

and try to change it to

"LogonType"=dword:00000001

2 PeaNut

replace 102.bmp in els.dll.res

with attached

or use els.dll.rar

Thanks for reply, will post back with results.

What resource editor do you prefer for changing it? (dl link if available or PM me pls).

Edited by PeaNut

LOL, am i a lazy one. I just did the easiest thing, updated the els.dll.res in the VISO Beta 6.exe ('cause i know its a simple winrar SFX) and i checked the batch file and it doesn't contain any file size or CRC checking :)

The modified viso installer went through without errors. Integrated install went fine without errors.

The "new" event viewer also looks veeery goood :thumbsup_anim: (see attached pic)

:g: LogonType is already set to "1"... so i'm going to troubleshoot nlite settings again i think... (no ctrl+alt+del logon is not checked in nlite, i double checked, but still... no fast user switching).

post-5924-1199654926.png

Edited by PeaNut

alternative bitmaps for

ntkrnlmp.exe.res

ntoskrnl.exe.res

:0)

2 PeaNut

LogonType is already set to "1"... so i'm going to troubleshoot nlite settings again i think... (no ctrl+alt+del logon is not checked in nlite, i double checked, but still... no fast user switching).

???

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FastUserSwitchingCompatibility\Enum]

"0"="Root\\LEGACY_FASTUSERSWITCHINGCOMPATIBILITY\\0000"

"Count"=dword:00000001

"NextInstance"=dword:00000001

???

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FastUserSwitchingCompatibility]

"Start"=dword:00000002

Restore Fast User Switching

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/fus.reg

also how many users do U have?

Edited by amnesia

Beta 7 1-07-08

- Fixed shrunken Start Button bug (thanks to amnesia)

- Fixed Event Viewer bug (partially but still needs tweaking)

- The green Vista Copy, Move and Del AVI's are back (also the dialog box tweak by neo)

- Updated a couple other Copy, Del, Attributes AVI's (thanks to Sm0k3r)

Beta 7 1-07-08

- Fixed Event Viewer bug (partially but still needs tweaking)

2 ricktendo64

it would require changing binary encoded eventvwr.msc icons,

just open it as text you'll see what i mean.

here is the changed one

eventvwr.rar 27.8 KB

http://www.filefactory.com/file/23817a/

maybe good to add mmcshext.dll to the pack?

mmcshext.dll.res 24.9 KB

http://www.filefactory.com/file/9b1555/

Thank U for a nice update

Edited by amnesia

2 PeaNut

???

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FastUserSwitchingCompatibility\Enum]

"0"="Root\\LEGACY_FASTUSERSWITCHINGCOMPATIBILITY\\0000"

"Count"=dword:00000001

"NextInstance"=dword:00000001

???

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FastUserSwitchingCompatibility]

"Start"=dword:00000002

Restore Fast User Switching

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/fus.reg

also how many users do U have?

I have the default Guest (disabled), Administrator, and "user" user :)

So that makes normally 1 user in total, because Admin is hidden on default when there is a welcome screen, and since .NET is not installed, it hasn't created a user also.

I think i first create a new updated source with the beta 7 and then report back with the results, maybe the error is magically gone :rolleyes:

Hmm... i'm tired, i continue tomorrow, i worked my a$$ off for today...

Edited by PeaNut