[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick, I found a bug in V'ISO b7.2

When you integrate V'ISO, then build an ISO and test in VM or real hardware, the Device Manager shows an entry for "Non-Plug and Play Drivers". This issue only happens when V'ISO is applied. To either a virgin SP2/IE7/WMP11 source, or a heavily modified source. I haven't yet tried an untouched SP2 source (no IE7 or WMP), but I'd bet $$ the issue would remain.

The contents of the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" heading are:

AFD
Beep
dmboot
dmload
E-mu Plug-in architecture driver
EraserUtilRebootDrv

post-746-1200862253_thumb.png

There's about 20 more items.

None of them have a HWID (Hardware ID) associated with them, so they are not chunks of hardware with no driver, they are all software pieces used by the OS.

This was originally reported here

Any idea which .res module is causing the fault?

I just want to point out that there are NO other problems (hardware related), and this is just an annoyance-bug.

Thanks!

Rick, I found a bug in V'ISO b7.2

When you integrate V'ISO, then build an ISO and test in VM or real hardware, the Device Manager shows an entry for "Non-Plug and Play Drivers".

it's not really a bug, but an option in Device Manager...

if U don't like it, U may uncheck:

Device Manager>View>Show Hidden Devices

it's not really a bug, but an option in Device Manager...

if U don't like it, U may uncheck:

Device Manager>View>Show Hidden Devices

[smacks forehead]

Ay Caramba!

OK, thanks for confirming the issue. I thought it was the new .msc files. I couldn't figure out how to edit it myself. I was going crazy. :confused02:

So, how to fix it prior to integration?

Thanks again guys!

Updated winbrand.dll.res, with bitmaps 203, 204, 205, 206 added, cause they appear in Group Edit

winbrand.dll.res.rar 165.6 KB

http://www.filefactory.com/file/060628/

minor update to .msc files, fixed some icons and title names e.g. "Indexing Service" instead of "ciadv"

Extra.MSCs.rar 214.9 KB

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6711e5/

Edited by amnesia

amnesia,

Is that user32.dll.res included in the lastest V'ISO or you want it to be, I definitely would like those cursors

I like the fact "show hidden devices" in device manager is enabled :)

Hi Ricktendo64!

I have noticed that after you began including the modified .msc files in the recent betas, the console files don't work anymore with the default system files in windows xp sp2 (it has MMC 2.0).

I first suspected that i need to install IE7 or WMP11 update, but then i narrowed down the problem to the MMC version in my installation. I used xable's 2008 january update pack, because there's still no stable version of the new ryanvm updatepacks. After downloading and updating manually the MMC in windows xp to 3.0 all .msc files began to work like they should (they simply wouldnt be opened before).

Is there a way to make the .msc files compatible with the old MMC 2.0 or the modifications in V'ISO need the 3.0 version type files to work?

v'iso not working in vm at first start with sp3 v3282.

works fine in sp3 v3264...same addons, same procedure.

2 rr650

can U be more specific on what's not working ?

are U using PatchAddon_SYSSETUP_InfSkip_v13f ?

--------------

tested on XP Pro SP2+SP3 3282

1. integrated SP3 3282 with nLite 1.4.1

2. patched with V'ISO

3. nLite drivers, components removal, unattended, options and tweaks.

i used V'ISO before the rest of nLite options, to avoid potential problem with syssetup.dll,

cause it's being patched by nLite.

works flawless

Edited by amnesia

minor update to .msc files, fixed some icons and title names e.g. "Indexing Service" instead of "ciadv"

Extra.MSCs.rar 214.9 KB

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6711e5/

Strange, for some reasons the other two "updates" winbrand.dll.res and user32.dll.res can be downloaded but this one (the extra MSCs) just doesnt start downloading after the begind download button.

Could you please look after it ?