[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

ok thnx for info.

why after i integrate it doesnt the theme display inside windows ?

throughout the whole setup it showed the vista screens, but once you enter the windows itself it still shows xp borders and windows. any idea what i did wrong ?

It does not add any themes or addons, only patches the dll and exe files with icons

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on a turkish translated version already. Will release when i finish modding.

MERHABA ARKADASIM BURADA BIR TURK SENI BULabıldım ya benım bır sorunum var elımde modifiyeli bir shell32.dll dosyası var ve ben bunu xp nin dll dosyasıyla nasıl değiştirebilirim kac yerı arastırdım ama bır turlu bulamadım bana yardımcı olursan cok tesekkur ederım

so how do i fix this ?

is it something i ticked or unticked in nlite ? i set the (patch uxtheme.dll ) to enabled, could that be the problem ? and should SFC in nlite be set to enabled or disabled ?

Geez!, there's no problem to fix. V'ISO patches ONLY ICONS AND IMAGES, it DOES NOT patch the visual style, you have to install a Vista theme mod by yourself. Try the one from this link: VistaVG Ultimate.

Just make sure you have the theme patch correctly installed, you can download the one from here or you can activate the proper option on nLite.

But now I want to improve my German-XP too.......

Is it possible to use V Iso for a German version at all?

Do I only have to change the LanguageIDs of all included files with Restorator

and repack them?

we've been doing sort of the same thing in French, links may provide good info for Ya

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?act...hlite=%2Blangid

http://www.bome.com/Restorator/help/help.html#_Toc350126141

Edited by amnesia

Alright everyone I have found the file which has caused me some problems, driver wizard window popping up at RunOnceEx.

:banned2: --> desk.cpl.res <--- :guns: :bomb: :notworking:

This has caused me pain and suffering over the course of many days and long nights.

Now can anyone tell me where that bitmap is placed in Windows and those icons in this file ?

Theme for Viso !

Since Viso doesn't have Theme support, and the themes out on the net pretty much all suck, the only one that is pretty descent is vista transformation pack, but problem is the thing takes over your whole PC. So I have gone and made a theme for Viso based on other projects, taken the best of each one so to say. It has Full Vista cursor and sound scheme support as well.

I have ripped various items from VTP and some other projects on deviant art and put together this nice theme, It is Based on Vista Basic edition, mainly because i dont like the ugly buttons in Aero and i'd rather have a real almost perfect looking basic theme than a fake aero theme ( there is no descent aero theme availible anywhere, they all look fake ) , besides it fits perfectly with Viso :P

This is the final form of this theme. if anyone requests changes i will make them, but as it is i wont be updating or changing anything.

screenshots are attached :

To set it up is easy, it is in cab format, so you can just add it to the integration screen in nlite. just follow the instructions below :

Instructions :

Inside Nlite at the integration screen, simply insert the Xpv-Theme.cab file.

rebuild Nlite and make an ISO.

thats it, thats how easy it is.

Can be integrated with Nlite, or you can manualy integrate the theme, it will work either way.

Here is the link : ( 4.88mb )

XpViso Theme

You can add it before or after you apply viso, it doesnt matter.

I can change the wallpaper in the cab on request, i was going to put the official vista one, but i really liked the current one.

Enjoy ....

PS. - the pics are taken inside Vmware, that is why everything looks so squashed, specialy on the start menu. And the logoff button on menu is missing because i removed the feature with nlite, if you have a loggoff button it will show up normaly.

on a nomal machine everything is fine and perfect :)

post-6692-1208362325_thumb.jpg

post-6692-1208362353_thumb.jpg

post-6692-1208362373_thumb.jpg

Edited by amaedict

@Sull

desk.cpl.....Function: Display properties

For CPL files there is a specific method using the executable Control.exe

You can open the Display properties you are looking for rather simply:

Type the following command:

control desk.cpl,@0

Hope this could help! ;)

JBE

2 amnesia.....

the necessary files (French.rar and French.7z) on filefactory are no longer available.

Can anybody load them up again?

here is German.rar 2.62 KB for Ya. just extract to VISO 8.2\Resources , run it and don't worry about cmd window

flickering for a while :0)

all your .res files will change LangID to German (Germany), somehow there is also German (default) with hex 0x0007.

i didn't know which is better, so U may want to check on that.

p.s. U may need to change the path in German.cmd, if U have it different then "C:\Program Files\Restorator"

Edited by amnesia

@Amnesia

Could you look in my netshell trouble too - its german xp

i'm sitting on english xp, so i can only suggest to try netshell.dll.res.German.rar 372 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/108299390/nets...German.rar.html

or ?

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-...hijackthis.html

maybe ?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=h...G=Google+Search

Edited by amnesia

Is anybody else having problems like sull?

Yes, it is killing my default VistaVG Ultimate theme. When windows loads for the first time it loads with my default wallpaper, but with the windows classic theme. The VistaVG theme does not even show up in the drop down list. The last V'ISO release worked perfectly for me.

This has been driving me crazy for last few days trying to figure out what was causing it.

@h8isgr8

How is the theme being applied in your unattended setup, are you using nLite ?

Are you sure V'ISO is causing this ?

In nlites unattended section I am doing "insert all local" themes and then setting it as my default . If I make two identical installs with nlite but using the previous V'ISO on one and the current V'ISO on the other, only the previous version works correctly.

Is anybody else having problems like sull?

When XP is installed, a script install my drivers automatically, and then the machine restarts as normal, and a few seconds after login one window appears telling me that the New Hardware Wizard finished configuring a hard drive, then my script makes it dissapear, and that's it, no more problems.

Edited by Rhor