[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

Never was offended, Just because I said "Change any res files you don't like and make it your own" does not mean I was

I was merely re-stating what I've always said to others, take any resourses you dont like and mod them to your likening, no probs here

About the Copy dialog, I kinda liked the one that looks like Vista's but its not very good for ppl like me who copy and replace thousands of files, you have to click OK 1000 times, check box is useless and there is no "Yes To ALL" button so I did not include this

Just open shell32.res, add the bitmap and also add the dialog mod, its not that hard to do

Here is the real link to orbit30's OOBE addons, there may be one you like better http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3170

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot amnesia, as usually your work is highly appreciated :D

And here it is, V'ISO translated to french to use with my Post SP3 UpdatePack and/or Windows XP SP3 French. By the way, I made some minor changes as I don't want to see any Vista strings because I want to keep in mind that it's still Windows XP :

Changes :

• winbrand.dll.res : removed vista screen which appears at first boot (bitmap 1401)
  • bootscr.res : removed some vista bitmap
  • Shell32.dll.res :
    • removed Vista Run dialog : why the new task would be run with administrative privileges if we are not administrator? (bitmap 129)
    • removed String entry : not a big difference with original string, I don't see the interest...
    • replaced these big arrows for shortcuts by smaller ones (icon 30, 232)
    • replaced AVI copy/move/delete by videos without any english strings (thanks goes to amnesia)

[*] ntmsmgr.msc : There's no (visible) difference between original and the one present in V'ISO. I keep it for compatibility during integration ...

[*] wmimgmt.msc : couldn't find a way to replace icon... put original file to keep compatibility during integration

[*] replaced oobe vista theme which contains "vista" strings by oobe Professional Edition theme from orbit : http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3170

Credits Goes to : ricktendo64 and amnesia. Keep up the good work, you rock guys :)

V'ISO b8.2.1 FRENCH tabdownload.png

MD5: A8E9A453690293736948B5DDC8A4AE25

Size: 29.7 MB

Edited by Kal

...wmimgmt.msc : couldn't find a way to replace icon...

2 Kal

U can try right click on wmimgmt.msc, choose Author

file>options>change icon

or use attached 1 :rolleyes:

Edited by amnesia

2 Kal

U can try right click on wmimgmt.msc, choose Author

file>options>change icon

or use attached 1 :rolleyes:

Thank you amnesia. I will include this change in the next release :)

Hi Amnesia, I have a question which could turn in to a request... ;)

During Windows GUI Setup, I have noticed that the first dialogue box thats just telling you its now going to install Windows has a lovely coloured image on the left side of it, but the next dialogue box, the one that requests the regional setup (where you input what nationality and keyboard settings to use) has just a world icon in the left hand side, the same for the next dialogue box (the one that asks for your name and company info), I gues the dialogue boxes must use system icons. My question is... Is it possible to change those icons, and swap them out so that they use those really nice images that you have used in other places? I just think they would jazz up Windows Setup just a little bit more!!!

... Is it possible to change those icons, and swap them out so that they use those really nice images that you have used in other places? I just think they would jazz up Windows Setup just a little bit more!!!

yes, sir, it's all possible and bitmaps and icons are in the syssetup.dll. just take look in dialogs, like 96 for example...

and in 58 and 59 there are bitmaps instead of icons. so, i guess it would be necessary to copy text string from there,

like "CONTROL 106, -1, "STATIC", SS_BITMAP, 22, 7, 107, 90" and paste in place of "ICON 103, -1, 21, 7, 20, 20"

while changing 106 to let say 124 to point to different bitmap. after that U'll need to switch back to graphical mode and

manually adjust position of bitmap and text boxes, i think. personally, i don't care much about those dialogs, cause i always run unattended setup and never see them... U may want to take a look at my "raped" and "abused" syssetup

to get some hints :rolleyes:

syssetup.dll.res.rar 456 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/121347505/syss...ll.res.rar.html

p.s. i've explain this from a point of using Restorator, like choosing a dialog, going to Edit mode(F6) changing to RC mode (Ctrl+F7) and switching back to Default/graphical (Ctrl+F5). hope it helps :)

Edited by amnesia

wrzn1.jpg

i know that vista shows only one network icon regardless of connection type. as far as i know v'iso doesn't patch wireless tray icon. is there any vista-like wireless tray icon or could it be created and added to v'iso?

wrzn1.jpg

i know that vista shows only one network icon regardless of connection type. as far as i know v'iso doesn't patch wireless tray icon. is there any vista-like wireless tray icon or could it be created and added to v'iso?

are these icons 1003-1007 in xpsp2res.dll ? V'ISO does patch them, cause it's "da most complete"

Edited by amnesia

@amnesia

i am using a sp3 integrated windows cd (turkish). i have noticed that the files xpsp1,2,3res.dll are renamed to srps041f.dll, srpt041f.dll, srpu041.dll after integrating sp3. that's why they are omitted while patching. i patched them now manually.

thanks

@amnesia

i am using a sp3 integrated windows cd (turkish). i have noticed that the files xpsp1,2,3res.dll are renamed to srps041f.dll, srpt041f.dll, srpu041.dll after integrating sp3. that's why they are omitted while patching. i patched them now manually.

thanks

I also want to add that this is not the case for the integrated msdn version

I don't know if this happen only in my configuration, since I don't see any other comments about it, but this new IE7 update "KB950759", places the file "iexplore.exe" on the i386 folder, so it's not being patched by V'ISO. I use "OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.1.1_ENU" to include IE7 on my XP disc.

I have to manually modify the resources after V'ISO is applied.

It didn't work, I dont know what other file to modify to get iexplore.exe the way I had before the update.

I just wanted to let you know that.

Update: "ieframe.dll" is not being patched as well.

Update 2: Problem was solved by updating OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.1.1_ENU with the files that KB950759 changes.

Edited by Rhor

Update 2: Problem was solved by updating OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.1.1_ENU with the files that KB950759 changes.

2 Rhor

just my 2 cents... why would U use IE7 anyway... have U tried Opera? "...fastest and most powerful Web browser available..."

i used it ages and lovin it... secure, totally customizable with scripts and skins. no need to install or integrate.

let say i've reinstall-refresh my system, i just start opera.exe and back to life with all the stuff i've set before

with around 8 MB

http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=31...ue⊂=true

Edited by amnesia

2 Rhor

just my 2 cents... why would U use IE7 anyway... have U tried Opera? "...fastest and most powerful Web browser available and make the most of your time online..."

i used it ages and lovin it... secure, totally customizable with scripts and skins. no need to install or integrate.

let say i've reinstall-refresh my system, i just start opera.exe and back to life with all the stuff i've set before

with around 8 MB

http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=31...ue⊂=true

Thank you for the recommendation amnesia. The problem is that I use Maxthon for everything, that's why I need IE7 installed and updated.

I haven't tried Opera in ages, but since you are telling me, I will download it and see how it goes.

Thank you.

Hehehehe, that was quite a reading....I have to thank you for that, It will come so handy in my job....until now I ignored so much about Brooklyn, but now everytime a guest in the hotel calls the concierge to ask a question about it, I finally will be able to answer, jojo!!!

Thank you amnesia.

man i wish all of the recent work by amnesia and others be put on ViSO, will be much less of a headache to keep track of all the updates on these pages........

anyways awesome job rick on this gr8 tool..........cheers

and amnesia all that is pro stuff.......cheers man