[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering does it also contain the update from ricktendo on the batch file and the updates from him on post 520.... :rolleyes:

MD5:

EDAC20740A199172CBF950FA3AB84BF4

Edited by amnesia

V'ISO_b8.2.1.amnesia.modd.exe 31 MB MD5 Hash: 7ED21C3C1C40ED0A55E7AD3CE7FF21AA

http://rapidshare.com/files/122577548/V_IS...a.modd.exe.html

amnesia can you upload this to another site as everytime I try and download it from rapidshare getting message that I have reach download limit and have to wait in excess of 5 hours eventhough I haven't downloaded anything from rapidshare.

Cheers and keep up the great work

hi rick .. thx for this .. just wondering is there a option to repir or re modify files .. since later on updates can replace the files .. so will there be an option to remodify or do we have to rebuild the whole iso again

Just a few observations about your modded version of V'ISO Amnesia...

1.) During Windows GUI Setup, some of the text banners are missing or have missing text.

2.) A pirate flag is visible in the top right of the setup dialogue boxes during GUI setup. I don't have or use a pirate version, so I dont really feel comfortable with this. Just my personal feelings about this, after all, just because I like to mod my XP disc, it does not make me a pirate, right? lol. :shy: :tumbleweed:

3.) It says "XP Pirated" in the System Properties. I can't speak for others here, but I personally would like all references to pirates, and software pirating removed.

4.) In the Remote tab of System Properties, you can still see the old remote icon on top of your new bitmap on the left side.

5.) The text contained in the Activation Information box, inside System Properties is center justified, and not left-justified like the other two boxes above and below it, making it look kind of out of place, and ugly.

6.) The icons in the Shutdown Menu box are not right, they look weird and maybe miss aligned. The original ones in Ricks V'ISO looked much better.

7.) During bootup, after at first GUI setup, and every other restart or startup after, the boot logo starts fully visable, then dissapears, then fades up like normal.

But other than those few problems, it looks really good!

Edited by Stimpy

i repacked the whole thing without the pirated stuff(the contents of the sfx are from the original V'ISO_b8.2.1,i have updated it with amnesia's modded pack but i have omitted the res file that seem to cause problems with certain users(shell32),and i fixed the batch file so that the new sp3 file 'wuaucpl.mui' gets the 'wuaucpl.mui.res' patch.

so here is the plain old batch file for those who want it:

V'ISO.bat

the repacked sfx:

V'ISO_b8.2.1x.exe

MD5:D6F3D694898BCE4B955CD6DBC6DAC5D2

Edited by bober

2 Stimpy

1) banners have been deleted

2)-3) sorry, pirate and pirated slipped through, mine XP not pirated, it's just a harmless fun...

2 bober

thanx alot for update

Edited by amnesia

Hi Amnesia, thanks for looking in to these issues. And don't think that I thought you was a pirate or somthing! It never entered my head, so please don't think I was trying to say that you was! :)

I installed Bober's V'ISO, and was very pleased with it. No problems at all to report, all was as it should be, including the Bootlogo, that now fades up properly, as well as the text banners, they are fine also. So issues number 4 and 5 are the only outstanding issues now. So many thanks for your work Bober!

And Amnesia, I'm sorry to say, but the file you posted does remove the icon from the remote window, but now in its place is a white square on top of the bitmap, where the icon was before.

Edited by Stimpy

Hi Amnesia, thanks for the new files.

Right, I'm sorry to say that neither of your files are working properly.

1.) The font justification is fixed in the Activation Information box, but the text is messed up. The top line of text is only half visable, with the only information clearly visable being the product ID code.

2.) The Remote icon is back again! I think it likes being there or something! :D

More Faults and observations...

3.) The bitmap for the Wireless Network Setup Wizard shows a picture of a Logitech Webcam! lol

4.) If you open the Speech icon in the control panel, it has text down the left hand side, that is from the Windows folder view, such as "Related Tasks" "launch Speaker Setup Wizard" and "Launch Accessibility Control Panel". None of these are links, or clickable.

5.) The bitmaps that descibe the Advanced Speaker Settings in the Sounds And Audio Devices panel, do not describe the option selected.

6.) The UPS tab in Power Properties has miss-aligned text, and the Caution logo (Because I dont use a UPS) is miss-aligned with the box that it is supposed to be inside.

7.) The mouse Pointer does not animate, this is inside a virtual PC, during GUI Setup, and at the Desktop after Installation, where it animates once or twice, then never animates again. It animates fine using Ricks original V'ISO.

I must state that all testing is done on an original Microsoft image of Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3RTM. No Addons, tweaks or Update Packs.

I know you probably have nothing to do with some of these problems Amnesia, as in that you did not create the files in the first place, but I am keeping a list of things here so that others can look in to these problems as well.

Edited by Stimpy

Thanks for the fast work Amnesia... Just installing now...

OK, Just finnished installing now, and can report that the text is fixed in the Activation box, however... You can select any text in this activation box, and get a blinking cursor, all other boxes do not behave like this. On a related subject, can you change the text that is in the Windows Version box to be more complete, like the normal version eg:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version: 2002

Service Pack 3

And I'm totally nit-picking here, but if you moved the text down by one line in the System box, it would match the others, and look better.

And you have fixed the UPS tab. One question, is the progress bar type gadget supposed to be there, under the text "The UPS service is currently stopped."?

Edited by Stimpy

2 Stimpy

i give up :rolleyes:

obviously, we need somebody more skilled then me... :D

What you talkin about! lol

Your so close! Your doing an amazing job, single handed too! I wish I had the program your using to do this, as I would love to help out, and stop barking error reports at people :P

Hi again Amnesia, can you tell me how once you have edited the .cpl that you can save it again as a .cpl and not a .res file?

I want to test what I have done, and don't fancy re-installing the computer each time I make a change.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Edited by Stimpy

Thanks Bober! You may just regret the offer! lol

I have been playing with the sysdm.cpl.res file in Resource Hacker, and have things looking good, I just need to know how to save a .cpl file, that I can drop in to system32 and look at the results instantly. So can you tell me what program will output a normal .cpl file instead of a .res file?

Many thanks for the help Bober.

well resource hacker can also handle .cpl files, so open the desired .cpl file in res hacker, then on the tool bar choose "action" then in the dropdown menu choose the 2nd last option"update all resources" then simply choose the .res file with the modification to apply,then save ure file and ure all done,if anything went wrong, res hacker as you prolly know makes a backup in the same dir.

Edited by bober

Thanks for helping Bober.

My only problem Bober, is that I need to save a .cpl file instead of a .res file, so that I can copy the .cpl file into System32, and see the results of my work. I tried renaming the .res file to .cpl, but Windows does not recognise the file.

Is there some other program that will change a .res file into a finished .cpl file?

Edited by Stimpy

Stimpy im expanding on bobers instructions for you

copy sysdm.cpl to your desktop

open reshacker and drag and drop sysdm.cpl into reshacker window

in reshacker click Actions then click Update All Resources from the pull down

in the Open File dialogue find your sysdm.cpl.res and double click it

in reshacker a dialogue will say 133 resource items updated

click Ok to the dialogue

click File

click Save

close reshacker

You will now see 2 files on your desktop one called sysdm.cpl and sysdm_original.cpl

To test just double click sysdm and this will open the updated system properties. Once you are happy with this just copy the sysdm.cpl to your system32 folder overwriting the original.

If you dont like the updated version delete it from the desktop and rename sysdm_original to sysdm and follow the steps above

Hope this helps.