[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

i have a question, u said u updated the res files to NOT include certain bit depths,have u logged in safe mode and cheked if it hasint screwed anything up?

:prop: oh, U got me there.

1. i've removed 16 color icons (4bit)

2. i wasn't going to safe mode for years

3. anyhow, looks great in safe mode

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thx,i wasint sure what effect it would have done.and i still have at least 1 more hour of editing to do,urgh.. i should have known this would have ben long and repetitive work...my eyes are killing me

amnesia;a couple posts back you said that certain patches you were adding to iexplore or explorer werent getting applied,can you confirm this and tell me witch resources you were trying to add.

Edited by bober

a couple posts back you said that certain patches you were adding to iexplore or explorer werent getting applied,can you confirm this and tell me witch resources you were trying to add.

not sure what ya mean ... i think we r good for now, personally i'm not aware of any issues.

p.s. how about we'll call it 8.2.2 looks-sounds goood

Edited by amnesia

final batch:

V_ISO.bat

here is sorta the new version, i think there is still problems with the system tabs;

sysdm.cpl.res/wuaucpl.cpl.res/remotepg.dll.res but its getting late and im calling it quits for 2 night

ive tested this quite extensively and everything else SHOULD be fine,of course im sure people will test and report back .

ive also removed lines pointing to moviemaker res file as it causes errors in the said program.

fixed path pointing to bootscreen res file for NTOSKRNL.EX_ and NTKRNLMP.EX_ so the very 1st boot will be finaly patched.

final repacked sfx:

V'ISO_b8.3.0.exe

Size: 29.18 MB

MD5: F2C9B3E4D09B09C3BB80B921618E611F

edit:http://www.uploading.com/files/GJTJJEFM/re...pg.dll.res.html

it may fix the white square in remote tab pls test .

Edited by bober

Just a minor thing I found after I finished my new system with Amnesia's new patch: the default Aero cursors' (nice!) "busy" cursor (the blue round thingy) is not cycling so I ended up installing the Aero Cursors again from other source.

final batch:

V_ISO.bat

here is sorta the new version, i think there is still problems with the system tabs;

sysdm.cpl.res/wuaucpl.cpl.res/remotepg.dll.res but its getting late and im calling it quits for 2 night

ive tested this quite extensively and everything else SHOULD be fine,of course im sure people will test and report back .

ive also removed lines pointing to moviemaker res file as it causes errors in the said program.

fixed path pointing to bootscreen res file for NTOSKRNL.EX_ and NTKRNLMP.EX_ so the very 1st boot will be finaly patched.

final repacked sfx:

V'ISO_b8.3.0.exe

Size: 29.18 MB

MD5: F2C9B3E4D09B09C3BB80B921618E611F

edit:http://www.uploading.com/files/GJTJJEFM/re...pg.dll.res.html

it may fix the white square in remote tab pls test .

Thanks bober I'll try it. So basically now this is kinda final work with all those amnesia juicy graphics in it...(thanks Amnesia) :)

I downloaded the latest 8.30 and tried the batch... and the patch is looping between O and P files... This must have something to do with me removing some components of the system but I guess there is some minor issues in the batch file.

I downloaded the latest 8.30 and tried the batch... and the patch is looping between O and P files... This must have something to do with me removing some components of the system but I guess there is some minor issues in the batch file.

tried patch, on a full source, before anything. after your post , i was expecting problems, so i've remarked last 4 lines, to help me pinpoint

:end

::for

::endlocal

::exit

there was no looping. only jump in progress title on 78%

title V'ISO script Progress 77%%%...

title Progress 78%%%...

title V'ISO script Progress 79%%%...

- Digitalwingx, could it be something with your source ? :g:

- were U running other programs at the time, when looping occurred ? :blink:

- have U run "CMD /K CHKDSK C:" lately ? :angry:

- have U been naughty ? :o

- have U prayed to Zeroes and Ones and the Holy Batch, before patching ? :rolleyes:

Edited by amnesia

title Progress 78%%%...

woops,guess i was seeing things...will be fixed in the next update,also i would like to get confirmation about the "sysdm.cpl.res/wuaucpl.cpl.res/remotepg.dll.res" files are giving display problems ont he windows update tab and on the remote tab of the system cpl.

And if " http://www.uploading.com/files/GJTJJEFM/re...pg.dll.res.html "

fixes the white square in remote tab problem.(previously was the icon #500 of the remote thingy)

...also i would like to get confirmation about the "sysdm.cpl.res/wuaucpl.cpl.res/remotepg.dll.res" files are giving display problems ont he windows update tab and on the remote tab of the system cpl.

after WU

wufixhp5.jpg

after manual patching of wuaucpl.cpl and wuaucpl.cpl.mui

wuafterqq1.jpg

Update:

later on

wulateronix2.jpg

Edited by amnesia

also, can you change the time of updated in the 2 drop down lists?

and do you remember where the deletion dialog is in the resfiles,cause the blue question amrk needs resizing.

Edited by bober

also, can you change the time of updated in the 2 drop down lists?

and do you remember where the deletion dialog is in the resfiles,cause the blue question amrk needs resizing.

i'm not sure, i'm following U. no can't change time in dropdowns

p.s. change the name to wuaucpl.cpl.mui.res

it wasn't in the file i've uploaded

Edited by amnesia

ok after extensive testing i had to remove the edited dialog and its new icon from these resources;

wuaucpl.cpl.res>>(shouldint have had the dialog patch at all)

wuaucpl.mui.res

wucltui.dll.res

wuauclt1.exe.res

wucltui.mui.res>>(was added both to script and as res,alltho its an "empty" res file i left it for update ease)

it was breaking the ability to control at what times windows update should do its check.

untill we figure out a workaround, ill re-release the viso package,i find it unaceptable to patch files that will break window's functionality(ie; the movie maker patch that i had previously removed had a well known issue to cause the program to complain about missing stuff).altho we all owe amnesia a huge thx for his work(the whole system cpl really looked damn nice) , im sure this will be quickly fixed.

http://rapidshare.com/files/125309451/V_ISO_b8.3.1.exe.html

MD5=183825B5C963D7B3949AAFD5D07FE571

Edited by bober

... ok after extensive testing i had to remove the edited dialog and its new icon from these resources;

wuaucpl.cpl.res>>(shouldint have had the dialog patch at all) ...

update:

da hell with it :angry:

for now, anyway :ranting:

Edited by amnesia

tried patch, on a full source, before anything. after your post , i was expecting problems, so i've remarked last 4 lines, to help me pinpoint

:end

::endlocal

::exit

title Progress 78%%%...

- Digitalwingx, could it be something with your source ?

- were U running other programs at the time, when looping occurred ?

- have U run "CMD /K CHKDSK C:" lately ?

- have U been naughty ?

- have U prayed to Zeroes and Ones and the Holy Batch, before patching ?

Hehe I'm pretty sure it's bcause of me using nLite to remove components of the system which means the batch file jumps differently than a full source.

NVM the old batch file worked for me anyway and I'm not going through another SP3+POSTSP3+NLITE+VISO+TEST nightmare, at least for now :)

Thanks Amnesia for all the good and naughty things.... :D

OffTopic

strange things happened while running 8.3.1. it gave me few errors starting with zipfldr.dll and on.

so, naturally, i went to report it to U, opened Opera, got to a forum and tried to login without any success and Opera saying it cannot save .adr file. at this point i think: "great ! first V'ISO and now Opera, right ?

when i'm in a middle of something..." :evil:

and i hear in my head the song "... what a wonderful world ..."

anyhow, to make it short. V'ISO and Opera reside on D drive and there was 128 KB free left... :doh:

- tested 8.3.1 batch without any problemos whatsoever ...

1 minor thing is that after seeing 5 times

if you want I386/setup.exe to be patched

It is recommended to apply V'ISO

BEFORE using bashrat's Driver Pack.

if you want to quit press "Control+C".

it start to bug me since i'm not running any driverpacks and don't want to quit (i've just started :0)

bober, it could be good idea to release optional batch named V'ISO.6.6.6.Ultimatum.bat with:

echo 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d, Now

echo Have Some Fun

pause

shutdown -s -t 02

:D

Edited by amnesia

we have an issue with regedit.exe not being patched, cause regedit.exe.res is empty.

MD5: 05986ECD1A5E80D8A7772008DFAE9AA7

p.s. it came empty from 8.2.1.amnesia.modd :g:

Edited by amnesia