[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is confusing, updates are all over the place...I think a new topic (and maybe a new name :) ) would do where you could update the SFX package

Totally

get ready for awesomeness ;)

Perhaps this Name V'Iso 8.3

Edited by ben0xff

"VISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. i've just tested on freshly installed os. it seems to be ok, except few "can't find file" messages at the end. i am sure, there are plenty to be improved. i think U deserve more options...

let say, hypothetically, after doing nLite and addons, U forgot to patch yer source... what ? start all over? nope, just run "Live"(extract V'ISO, add batches, start "1Copy.bat"). i certainly hope, that somebody will find it useful...

Edited: please check Post #712

Edited by amnesia

i certainly hope, that somebody will find it useful...

md5: 66BD399848EA279BF8CCB3E8A8A2A418

Useful???, damn, this will come in handy for SO many reasons. Exactly what I was trying to accomplish, but I was too lazy to complete it, hehe.

Thank you amnesia for the effort. Will test it right away and report back.

EDIT: It worked very well, except for the bootscreen and iexplore.exe as far as I can see, I will do further tests to see if it's the script or something I doin wrong.

Edited by Rhor

ntos*.exe and ntkr*.exe iexplore.exe explorer.exe etc are usualy files being used,so appart from calling the batch at runonce while the number of system files being used are at their lowest,you can try killing explorer b4 starting the patch process.

This file contains PNG's of errors that I have found with the latest V'ISO...

http://rapidshare.com/files/126521932/Errors.rar.html

1.) Power Backdrop.PNG - These used to have a very nice coloured background, it would be nice to put those back in.

2.) black icon 1.PNG - Notice the black backround of the icon. I have noticed another, during Windows GUI Setup, on the Network Settings dialogue.

3.) large off-centered icon.PNG - This Dialogue box just looks messed up in general.

4.) Squashed Icon.PNG - This is the squashed icon I mentioned before.

Another point I would like to make, is that I think we should find out if it is possible to change the desktop background to something modern, hi res compatible, and funky. As well as add or change the default theme. I don't know if these two things are possible using a script.

And as far as a new name is concerned, I like V'ISO, but it does not really fit anymore. Maybe "XP2008 Source Transformer v.1.0". lol

Edited by Stimpy

"VISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. to run "Live" (extract V'ISO, add batches, start "1Copy.bat").

... It worked very well, except for the bootscreen and iexplore.exe as far as I can see, I will do further tests to see if it's the script or something I doin wrong.

2 Rhor

great find, bootscreen fixed.

md5: 6583DD690BA2BF864408D2AB3BC294BE

2 Stimpy

Another point I would like to make, is that I think we should find out if it is possible to change the desktop background to something modern, hi res compatible, and funky. As well as add or change the default theme. I don't know if these two things are possible using a script.

i do it by replacing bliss.jp_ , luna.ms_ , luna.th_ in \i386 with my files. so, on the first boot os loads defaults. except they r not defaults anymore. ;) also U may change .theme file to your likings, save it, rename to "luna.the" and cab it to i386. so is with others: U pick .msstyles rename to luna.mst, cab it

http://rapidshare.com/files/126559575/VS.rar.html

347 KB md5: 24A3A00975C8F7DBCC90B1A85164279D

screenqb0.jpg

screen2sl1.jpg

Edited by amnesia

2 Stimpy

fixes for the one during netsetup and batt icon (devmanager)

http://rapidshare.com/files/126572920/nets...ll.res.rar.html 373 KB

AD517CAADC3910248A55F1A2D2D1EDFD

p.s. 2 All

V'ISO name was and always will be good. but if U really want to change it, try Spiso :P

as in: "System Patch Internally Sublime Oriented"

also sounds like spicy

Edited by amnesia

***"VISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. to run "Live" (extract V'ISO, add batches, start "1Copy.bat").***

VISO.Live.1.2 with some wmp fixes

md5: 40629E9AA8D1B146734EBED82E16121D

Edited by amnesia

hi rick, I have tested this many times and came to like the way it works compared to many I have seen around- Thank you.

Is there a way or do aou mind modifying it to display "windows xp Professional or whatever when one opens "the Start" button"?

It currently display Windows vista on Xp.

A nice day

Hi Mates,

You have worked on that project so much time, that you can easily mention the files which should be translated into other language. I mean not only to turn on code page but I think about the files with text or pictures with text.

Please specify that files.

Thanks

2 qwesta

sorry for jumping in, but U want answer, right ?

please check Post #681. it's a bitmap 167 in explorer.exe. U can update yours with this explorer.exe.res

http://rapidshare.com/files/127289940/expl...xe.res.rar.html

252 KB md5: 522845DBB6A5759900868710D3867126

Thank you very much for this, but I couldn't get it reset to "windows XP professional.

can you walk me thru the steps please, may be I got this wrong.

Thank you

2 qwesta

1 method: U can save attached 167.bmp. open explorer.exe in ResHacker and find bitmap 167. select Action from menu, Replace Bitmap, Open File with New Bimap, Replace Bimap. save the file. logoff or restart. enjoy.

2 method: download explorer.exe.res from http://rapidshare.com/files/127349843/explorer.exe.res.html to some folder, copy explorer.exe, reshacker.exe to the same place, rename ExplorerPatch.bat.txt to ExplorerPatch.bat and copy to the same place. run ExplorerPatch.bat. rename explorer.exe in windows folder to explorer.0, copy patched explorer.exe to windows, logoff or restart. enjoy.

Edited by amnesia

***"VISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. to run "Live" (extract V'ISO, add batches, start "1Copy.bat").***

VISO.Live.1.3 with some Outlook Express fixes

md5: 81AE408DFDD3C325C93CB4B6AAF9534B

Edited by amnesia

2 qwesta

1 method: U can save attached 167.bmp. open explorer.exe in ResHacker and find bitmap 167. select Action from menu, Replace Bitmap, Open File with New Bimap, Replace Bimap. save the file. logoff or restart. enjoy.

2 method: download explorer.exe.res from http://rapidshare.com/files/127349843/explorer.exe.res.html to some folder, copy explorer.exe, reshacker.exe to the same place, rename ExplorerPatch.bat.txt to ExplorerPatch.bat and copy to the same place. run ExplorerPatch.bat. rename explorer.exe in windows folder to explorer.0, copy patched explorer.exe to windows, logoff or restart. enjoy.

Thank you, that worked for me quite well.

A nice day