[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Xp Corp SP3 English. after full install I use Russian MUI pack.

but if I use your V'ISO pack than some items stay in English not Russian.

can you solve this?

U may want to take a look at russian ResPatch ...

Оформление - [addon] ResPatch BLACK-DARK BLUE & Yellow или Новые ресурсы (битмэпы) для Windows XP

http://www.forum.oszone.net/showthread.php...69&page=259

http://forum.oszone.net/showpost.php?p=613...amp;postcount=2

Edited by amnesia

First let me say I LOVE this V'ISO pack. Thanks for all the effort that went into it.

OK, now my problem. I'm using a custom XP PRO SP3 with NR_MCE_Installer_Addon_b2 because my real MCE2005+SP3 = Hell. Everything works perfect, but after MCE Rollup2 runs in replaces a bunch of files that V'ISO patched. Is there any way to re-patch these files once windows loads or maybe even patch the actual Rollup2?

I just want my MCE to look V'ISOed again. :(

the mui pack will prolly translate/repalce the dialogs and strings,but languages written in bitmaps or in avi in evidently not translatable.

not bitmaps. some strings on desktop, in CP and others

for exmaple: like "My Computer" on "Desktop" - after installing Russian MUI pack "My Computer" on Desktop become ""Мой компьютер" on "Рабочий стол", but if I use V'ISO it stay "My Computer"

I do next:

1. modify XP SP3 Corp distributive by nLite - integrate drivers, addons and tweaks.

2. than modify by V'ISO

3. install XP

4. after FULL install start Russian MUI pack setup

5. switch to russian interface.

IF a NOT make step 2 - ALL menus and strings on Russian

if I MAKE step 2 - some strings stay in English

P.S. for step 2 I use RVMIntegrator 1.5.3 and ResHacker plug-in from here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5380

and V'ISO b8.2.1 by_ricktendo64 pack

and also if I use CrystalXp BricoPack Vista Inspirat Ultimate 2 pack than all strings become(stay) Russian.

U may want to take a look at russian ResPatch ...

Оформление - [addon] ResPatch BLACK-DARK BLUE & Yellow или Новые ресурсы (битмэпы) для Windows XP

http://www.forum.oszone.net/showthread.php...69&page=259

http://forum.oszone.net/showpost.php?p=613...amp;postcount=2

I use English core WindowsXP distributive, not Russian.

Edited by AndreyPopov

I use English core WindowsXP distributive, not Russian.

well, actually core is always english... but those people have strings and some dialogs in russian...

i know, cause i've translated some to english, like sysdm.cpl

and their ResPatch is meant to be run on live system... U can remove strings and dialogs from .res files in VISO,

so it would only change avi, bitmaps and icons.

edit:

funny thing is that when i changed this value on english XP

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}]

@="Гадкий Компьютер" :blink:

Edited by amnesia

when is the mce addon beign appliyed? during widnwos install? if so simply apply amnesia's viso LIVE.

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a "live" installer (even though it's mentioned on this page).

I tried applying V'ISO with the live installer but MC still looks the same. The installer finished successfully and windows restarted after exiting so I don't know what the deal is.

well i dont know if its supposed to change the actual theme,but its supposed to change things like icons/dialog boxes ,login screen,boot screen etc.ull have to ask amnesia if ure patching was a success or not.also, having ure sfc disable is almost primordial,and also having ure uxtheme is also a good idea if you want custom themes.but liek i said check with amnesia for more info.

Edited by bober

Yes, SFC is disabled and uxthemes installed. I have the VistaVG Ultimate theme install by default.

V'ISO would patch MC perfectly before the addition of the Rollup2 addon. Obviously Rollup2 overwrites files that V'ISO previously patched. I just don't know why running V'ISO live isn't re-patching those files.

Oh well, I guess I'm just happy to have MC + SP3 working.

well, actually core is always english... but those people have strings and some dialogs in russian...

i know, cause i've translated some to english, like sysdm.cpl

and their ResPatch is meant to be run on live system... U can remove strings and dialogs from .res files in VISO,

so it would only change avi, bitmaps and icons.

edit:

funny thing is that when i changed this value on english XP

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}]

@="Гадкий Компьютер" :blink:

"Гадкий Компьютер" is cool :D but not solve problem!

because MANY items stay in English:

"My Network Palces" & "Recycle Bin" on Desktop

Control Panel in Start Menu

Accessories & StartUp in Start Menu

some system items in Control Panel

"Properties" in ALL items

these are visible "for fist look"

Edited by AndreyPopov

"Гадкий Компьютер" is cool :D but not solve problem!

because MANY items stay in English:

"My Network Palces" & "Recycle Bin" on Desktop

Control Panel in Start Menu

Accessories & StartUp in Start Menu

some system items in Control Panel

"Properties" in ALL items

these are visible "for fist look"

i dont think this is caused by the patching of the res files.

***"VISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. to run "Live" (extract V'ISO, add batches, start "1Copy.bat").***

VISO.Live.1.4.rar 11 KB

md5: 1A6506DB57290DF3D113B725D18DF7C2

fixed:

- proper copying of wbemcntl.dll, winmgmt.exe to system32\wbem

- copying of .msc files

dunno, if anybody noticed, there is overlap on shutdown dialog

1wasei1.jpg

fixed winlogon dialog 1300

2nowqj0.jpg

Edited by amnesia

My apologies for not being on the bandwagon, but what is V'ISO Live? Is it a patch that is applied to the V'ISO executable, or some additional Vista patches for system files on an already existing XP installation?

V'ISO (original) = Patches XP installation files.

V'ISO (live) = Ability to apply V'ISO (original) to XP post installation (i.e. live).

Someone smack me if I'm wrong. :blink:

BTW, can anyone confirm that patching MCE2005 live actually patches media center and works?

Edited by h8isgr8

well just delete them from the .exe,open with win rar and go to extras folder and delete them.

:( not solve!

in Vista Inspirat 2 by Brico patched only 81 files

in V'ISO - 368 !!!!!! files.

may be, tell me what file (files) provide Resource for DesKtop Icons and Control Panel items?

I try remove it from Resource dir and try apply patch again.

i dont know what to say AndreyPopov, open shell32.dll and have fun,lol its all there.and have you though that its because u used brico pack thats things are screwed up?you should just start over with a fresh source and go step by step,i dont know why people keep on patching and applying crap to their system and just piling it up, of course things might be strange...so my advice is start fresh,i cant help you otherwise,and i dont think anyone else can too.

Well, I see why media center isn't getting patched by V'ISO live........ ehres.dll isn't even included in the batch file.

I edited and replaced ehres.dll manually and it looks like it should now. Well, almost like it should; the media center home icon to the upper left is stretched.

Does anyone know how I can get this modified ehres.dll back inside the Rollup2 KB900325.exe?

2irxa1g.jpg

i dont know what to say AndreyPopov, open shell32.dll and have fun,lol its all there.and have you though that its because u used brico pack thats things are screwed up?you should just start over with a fresh source and go step by step,i dont know why people keep on patching and applying crap to their system and just piling it up, of course things might be strange...so my advice is start fresh,i cant help you otherwise,and i dont think anyone else can too.

may problem in this:

Brico use these commands for ResHacker like this:

-addoverwrite "resources\shell32.dll\ICONGROUP_1.ico", ICONGROUP, 1,

for each added/overwrited resources

and all resources in separate files.

you use combined res file shell32.dll.res and one command:

-addoverwrite shell32.dll.res,,,

may be ResHacker use different method when added separate or combined resources?

Edited by AndreyPopov