[ROEx] Paint.NET 3.22 AddOn

ricktendo

pdn310_car_thumb.jpg

Paint.NET 3.22

Info: Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows.

download.png Requires .Net Framework 2 during SVCPACK

MD5: 988B5854EC36E2B2B049D02BFEC4DE7D

Size: 1.37 MB

Other Info: The addon is easily updated by any user if a new version is released. Just download the latest Paint.Net installer and extract the inner Setup (use 7Zip or Universal Extractor.)

Rename it from PaintDotNetSetup.exe to PaintNet.exe and replace the old one in the addon.

Edit the Entries_Paint.NET.ini with new version number, addon name and date (optional) and repack it as it was.

Changelog:

2-06-2008

- Updated 3.22

- Removed .Net 2.0 check (the installer takes care of this)

This looks really cool, especially to be freeware. Thanks Rick!

I am sorry to say that the link does not work for me. When you get a chance Rick, if it is not a problem, would you please look into the link? :welcome:

Great work Rick! Thanks for your time and effort on this one(and your many others)! :welcome:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Ricks. I have problem using this addon. I tried to update to version 3.20 but it won't install the programs. I did try many times but no luck. I did exactly as in your instruction.

I integrate

RyanVM UpdatePack ver 2.1.11 or 2.2.1b2 (both result the same)

Slipstream WMP11 with WMP slipstreamer v0.96

RogueSpear's runtime collection

I'm using Ryan Integrator ver 1.4.3 or 1.5RC1

please help me

Edited by yadzil

Edit this section of the INF

[Paint.Setup]
%10%\PaintDotNetSetup.exe /auto """DESKTOPSHORTCUT=0""" """PROGRAMSGROUP=Accessories"""

Change it to

[Paint.Setup]
%10%\PaintDotNetSetup.exe /auto """LASTACCEPTEDEULAVERSION=20071211""" """DESKTOPSHORTCUT=0""" """PROGRAMSGROUP=Accessories"""

BTW make sure you extract PaintDotNetSetup.exe from inside the BetaNews or other 3rd party installers and rename it PaintNET.exe and overwrite the old 3.10 installer

I would only advise that New .NET 2.0 SP1 has a new CLSID:

2.0 Sp1:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B508B3F1-A24A-32C0-B310-85786919EF28}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7131646D-CD3C-40F4-97B9-CD9E4E6262EF}

so your check could fail but I have not tested.

Yadzil you don't need to add LASTUPDATEDEULAVERSION to the command as they have fixed it in the new release.

On a side note you can extract the .msi from the exe by using /CreateMSI parameter and if you use the property values this will add them to the msi for example

PaintDotNet.exe /CreateMSI DESKTOPSHORTCUT=0 PROGRAMSGROUP=Accessories CHECKFORUPDATE=1

This will then create a folder called PaintDotNetMsi on the desktop and in here you will find 2 PaintDotNet.msi files one for x86 the other for x64. Then use PaintDotNet.msi /qn to install silently.

Edited by Sm0k3r

Hi Rick. The latest version PaintNet have release (ver 3.22). I've tried using this addon and change the command line in the INF file but the Paint not installed.

Also keep in mind that if you have sp1 for .net.2 use CLSID that Kontini advised otherwise install will faill. Good luck!

2.0 Sp1:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B508B3F1-A24A-32C0-B310-85786919EF28}

Thanks guys for the input. Thanks to Ricks to make this addon simple to update but its not as simple as I thought. Maybe Ricks should update this addon.

Anyway, I just like you guys to check did I make a correct changes to Paint.INF file.

Paint.setup part I just leave it as before since Sm0k3r said the latest version of Paint (3.22) have been fixed.

[Paint.Setup]
%10%\PaintDotNetSetup.exe /auto """DESKTOPSHORTCUT=0""" """PROGRAMSGROUP=Accessories"""

then String part of PaintNET.inf file that I thought need to change as mentioned by kontini and Gorki. Is'it right?

[Strings]
DN2_CLSID="{B508B3F1-A24A-32C0-B310-85786919EF28}"
RUNONCEEX="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx"
UNINSTALL="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Other Info: The addon is easily updated by any user if a new version is released. Just download the latest Paint.Net installer and extract the inner Setup (use 7Zip or Universal Extractor.)

Rename it from PaintDotNetSetup.exe to PaintNet.exe and replace the old one in the addon.

Edit the Entries_Paint.NET.ini with new version number, addon name and date (optional) and repack it as it was]