Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 64x ISO link? and post install tips?

Trudeau

Hi there

So i am pretty new to all of this and i want to format and reload my machine. So first off i need a link to the right .iso, can anyone help me with that?

Secondly, is there anything i should do once i have installed the OS? What do i do about updates? that kind of thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

You'll need the following file:

Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (x64) - DVD (English)

File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso

SHA-1 Hash: 36AE90DEFBAD9D9539E649B193AE573B77A71C83

It will probably become available again on the ISO downloader on 1 July. But you can also download it elsewhere. However, posting illegal download links on the forum is not allowed.

The most important component to make sure you have before wiping the computer is your network driver. You can download it from the manufacturer's website. Everything else (updates, software, drivers), you can download afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 3:36 PM, Jan Krohn said:

Hi,

You'll need the following file:

Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (x64) - DVD (English)

File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso

SHA-1 Hash: 36AE90DEFBAD9D9539E649B193AE573B77A71C83

It will probably become available again on the ISO downloader on 1 July. But you can also download it elsewhere. However, posting illegal download links on the forum is not allowed.

The most important component to make sure you have before wiping the computer is your network driver. You can download it from the manufacturer's website. Everything else (updates, software, drivers), you can download afterwards.

Great, thank you.
I have reinstalled and activated, my only concern now is Windows updates, can i still do them through the update tool in windows? or are there other options?

On 6/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, Trudeau said:

Great, thank you.
I have reinstalled and activated, my only concern now is Windows updates, can i still do them through the update tool in windows? or are there other options?

As far as I'm aware, the update tool is still operational. I haven't tried it though since Microsoft dropped Windows 7 support.