Context Menu Modifications

Mr.McNally

Hello, I am in search of some advice regarding modifications to my context menu. With my last install, I used Kel's "Uber Pack" addon which gave me a host of new context menu options in something labeled "power menu". It seems that the power menu is part of an app called MMM. I began to experiment with the MMM app and now I have lost the two most useful context menu addition, "copy to" and "move to".

To be more clear, Kel's 'Uber Pack" created "copy to" and "send to" in the context menu when I right clicked any sort of file or folder. I still have the options when I right click folders, but I have lost the options when I right click on .exe or anything other than a folder. I have since learned how to modify the MMM program, but it doesn't seem to help. I still have the 'copy to' and 'send to' in the 'edit' menu of explorer, but not in the right click context menu.

Is there a registry key I can add or modify to help me gain these options?

Thanks for your time. :welcome:

Try thiscopyto_moveto.reg

This reg. tweak gives you two new entries in the context menu.

screenhunter01aug261317zp9.gif

Thanks Cro-man, this is just the sort of thing I had in mind. I ended up restoring my registry to a version from a couple of weeks ago to get things back in order.

Seems that whatever went wrong with my system brought back a problem with windows explorer using 100% resources until process was ended. I used to be continually troubled by explorer.exe hanging up when I would open more than 4 or 5 windows. It was that bug that caused me to write my first .cmd(stop explorer.exe then start explorer.exe), which I kept on my desktop for when the bug would strike. I dont know if M$ made a hotfix or if I have somehow changed my xp configuration with nLite, but it hasn't been an issue for a long time now.

I will hold onto this, as I think it will come in handy on a couple of other systems that I use that dont have the copy to/move to context menu options.

Also, thanks for all of your freeware postings. I have often thought it amazing how you seem to have a constant stream of new, interesting free programs. :welcome: