[How To] Plasmic Fire

WolfX2

This is a unique tutorial because you will never get the same results two times in a row. So if you're not happy with your results, try again.

1. Start off by creating a new image of any size, just make sure it forms a perfect square. (I set my image size to 294x294.) Create a new layer, fill it in white, and go to Filter > Render > Difference Clouds.

2. Next go to Filter > Sketch > Chrome. Use the following settings: Detail: 3, Smoothness: 7.

plasmicfire2.jpgplasmicfire3.jpg

3. Now repeat step one about two or three times or until you are satisifed. Then go to Filter > Distort > Pinch. I set the amount to 55%, but set it to whatever looks best.

4. Now copy the current layer by dragging the layer to the new layer button and go to Edit > Transform > Rotate 90 degrees CW. Then change the layer opacity for the current layer to 50%, so the image underneath can be seen.

plasmicfire4.jpg

5. Let's make it look like a fire, so click on the top layer then click on the triangle next to the paths tab in the layers palette and select Merge Down. Then go to Image > Adjustments > Equalize. To get the fire effect go to Filter > Render > Lighting Effects. Use the settings in the image below.

plasmicfire5.gif

thanks to block9.net

I did some changeing around, and this is what mine turned out like....

plasmahl2.png