File Copy Program that will prevent copy errors?

Mr.McNally

Hello, I am hoping for suggestions regarding a software that can copy files, but will also check the copied version against the source file for errors. Then if errors are found, the software will recopy(as many times a necessary) some or all of the source file until the copied file is identical.

I have some sort of problem that is causing me to get corrupt files when I copy them from drive to drive, or burn them to dvd on my system. The software doesn't have to opperate across a network, I just need it to help me maintain data integrity while moving things around.

Also if anyone who reads this has any suggestions as to why I might have this problem i.e. known XP bugs, or typical hardware issues, please mention those ideas as well.

I'm not sure that this software can do this but you can give it a shot.

AllWay Synch

Looks like what I have in mind, Thanks N1K. I am going to give it a try. Would this be a good one to review?

Looks like what I have in mind, Thanks N1K. I am going to give it a try. Would this be a good one to review?

Of course mate. I'm using it also and have run on some small problems, but you'll figured it out too.

You can also try shareware of Vice Versa, an excellent program for similar use. :thumbsup_anim:

Of course mate. I'm using it also and have run on some small problems, but you'll figured it out too.

You can also try shareware of Vice Versa, an excellent program for similar use. :thumbsup_anim:

Do you like Vice Versa? I have tried it but I don't quite trust it. I find that after is says that it had "Mirrors source to target", if I then choose "update lists"and recompare the source and target. the program continues to find discrepancies between the two files. Sometimes I can repeat this process a dozen times before I get the "both source and target are identical" message. I thought this might be due to the time stamp, so I started comparing the files by CRC32 alone, but no difference. Any clue why it doesn't work for me? It is a nice program.