20H2 issue when logging in using a MS Acct instead of a local Acct.

I notice that on 2 out of 4 systems i have, has got the same issue where Microsoft will throw an error stating "WINDOWS HAS RUN INTO A PROBLEM AND WILL REBOOT IN 1 MINUTE". This happens only when I  try to open any MSC tool, ( comp mgmt. , disk mgmt. , device mgmt., etc. )  

After some troubleshooting, and failed resolutions found online, turns out the 2 machines having the issue are being logged in with my Microsoft account.  The other 2 systems that i updated to 20H2 are being used as test systems, work perfectly with no issues , only difference is that i am using a local account instead of a Microsoft account. 

Anyone out there experience this??  

Not that issue, but I have experienced 2 reboots in 3 days after I have upgraded to the latest v20H2 version.

bugcheck.PNG

I've checked windows update and there was additional drivers offered in case I am having issues with the latest version. I have installed Intel - System -10/3/2016 driver and I'll see if this will help.

Regarding your problem. Have you tried to login locally on those problematic machines. Just to confirm that the problem occurs only when you're logged on with Microsoft account?

Well, im still running 2004. However, I did notice a new bios for my mobo. Came out in September and I had one from August. So I did the bios update, rebooted, re ran the cmds, rebooted again, and after another image file backup completed, I am starting the 20H2 update again. I'm hoping the BIOS update is the answer, wishful thinking. If not, then I'll restore and try something else, so I'm wide open for suggestions at this point

each time I try a new config, I run these commands. First few times, it fixed corrupted files, now its clean, however I get the same results, so I'm trying again with the BIOS updated.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
sfc /scannow