[AddOn] Vista Sounds Replacement

ricktendo

♫ ♪ Vista Sounds Replacement ♪ ♫

Info: Fully overwrites XP sounds with Vista's. No registry entries or other crap saving space on your ISO.

download.png Updated (September 09 2007)

MD5: A9902EC1D57A28479BDD11B78D15216A

Size: 2.08 MB

Chagelog:

9-09-07

- Updated a couple sounds (Notify, Default, Ding)

Hi Rick..

With:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Names\.Default]
@="Windows Vista"

and..

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\AppEvents\Schemes\Names\.Default]
@="Windows Vista"

you give it also the right name in the control panel. It's just a suggestion maybe not clever because you then also need an inf. :icon_question:

You can't... These are for XP CD customizers but you can dl a silent RTM/RC2 Sounds installer from http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=442

Extract and run the .EXE in the svcpack folder (its silent and requires no user interaction)

Go to your Control Panel and change your sounds to RTM or RC2 (which ever you prefer)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
All of them have already been done vistamen

Fonts

Wallpapers

Screen Savers

Cursors

EDIT: User Pics

Rick thanks for the reply, but it what I wanted to say, I mean addons replacement:

Vista Wallpaper Replacement

Vista Fonts Replacement

Vista Cursors Replacement

Vista Screensavers Replacement

To replace the original files of Windows XP in the i386 directory!

Otherwise I am aware of addons that you just quote me, and that's what I use in my unattendeds!

Edited by winxp

• 2 months later...
Rick thanks for the reply, but it what I wanted to say, I mean addons replacement:

Vista Wallpaper Replacement

Vista Fonts Replacement

Vista Cursors Replacement

Vista Screensavers Replacement

To replace the original files of Windows XP in the i386 directory!

Otherwise I am aware of addons that you just quote me, and that's what I use in my unattendeds!

Yep, i'm also for it... replace the old resources, so they wont be addons, they would be replacements.

There we would have a great & good-looking OS, stable, without the bloatware of Vi$ta but with great performance of XP, thanks to all who made it possible!

Edited by PeaNut

It would not work trust me, addons are the only way to go.

Changing bliss with another wallpaper that had nothing to do with the bliss theme would not work, changing logon.scr with lest say for example a bubbles screensaver would not make sense either

Having the files with their original names is best

It would not work trust me, addons are the only way to go.

Changing bliss with another wallpaper that had nothing to do with the bliss theme would not work, changing logon.scr with lest say for example a bubbles screensaver would not make sense either

Having the files with their original names is best

It's also about space i think, i agree with you partially. So then i would suggest keeping the default background picture and replacing all other non-default (selectable) wallpapers with the vista ones for example, i think that would make sense. I think i have seen some very good Bliss remake graphics that look much better than the original, then it would make sense to replace that as well, or am i wrong?

For example in case of fonts, of course the old fonts must be kept for compatibility reasons and the updated ones from vista are added, that i do understand.

I am not into making addons/scripting, mostly because i don't have much time to do so, but if you point me to a walkthrough of some technical details how to do it myself, i could give it a try.

Thanks!

Edited by PeaNut