what is the best way to speed up a fresh install of windows 7?

as the title says Ive got a new install of windows 7 that runs really slow and would like to know what the best way is to make it run faster again any answers i can get would be really  appriciated :D -legacyfan20

Edited by LegacyFan20

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Poyan Aryanfar
      WIN 7 downloader unable to download win 7 home Premium??

• By I_NEED_HELP
      Hi im new to this forum.
      Maybe i'm just to stupid but for me it does not work to load more than one installation file. When i load one installation file and then another, the entries from the first file disappear. I'm using the version 1.5.4.9. 
      Hopefully some can give me some advice. Thanks!

• By Loganix
      Hey all, Logan here, first time posting here
      First of all I'd like to thank the creator of this really great program!
      Anyhow, me still being a noob, just started out playing around with making a custom win 7 image, there are some things i was wondering if anyone could be kind enough and help me out with answering for.
      I would like to have the Start Button, or Orb changed with the setup of Win 7 so i don't have to use a orb changer post installation. I've tried locating any feature in the program for this with no luck, perhaps there are on just me not being observant enough? I was testing RT7Lite and it has this feature of adding a custom orb, but somehow it gives the same error. I tried All-In-One Integrator > Advanced > Files > Add "explorer.exe" that i had the orbs inserted using Restorator 2007 with no luck. After the installation the orb is invisible and whilst i hover over it will show the orb and effect but kinda inverted and a bit abnormal. Anyone have a solution i would be thrilled!
      And i tried adding a wallpaper with the wallpaper feature but it didn't stick, i tried both bmp and jpg, any thoughts or input?
      The Windows 7 Ultimate x64 image was fresh from Microsoft untampered before my attempts.

I'm very thankful for any input or solutions!
    • By f483755
      ...since the home server(?) at http://testing.wintoolkit.co.uk/ is down, or acting weird, quite often. And it again. And it appears that no one else mirrors your 0.56MB application anywhere, ever. Currently, all your links are broken, and I've been hunting all over the internet for the last three hours for a way to find it. In fact, this is a big enough issue that the fourth of four Google results for "2.0.5860.25216.7z" is a pretty damn convincing, and extremely nasty malware trap: http://solari.victus-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=84314 . I just spent the last 45 minutes wrestling control of my computer back from that beast. The only other v2.x one can find on the internet is at http://www.datafilehost.com/d/2b73ce8b, which was uploaded in another wincert.net thread a few months back when a similar thing was happening, but it is the older 2.0.5651.42757, which no longer runs due to a built-in expiration date.
      So, yeah. A mirror would be good; and in the mean time, anyone have a copy of 2.0.5860.25216.7z laying around?
      Thanks, your friend,
      Geoff (or, I guess, "f483755" today)
      Sunday 17th January 2011 2:18pm
    • By jigsaw5063
      Hi 
      Win 8.1 pro x64The integration is successfully completed but when I install windows again  have available KB2919355 for update.

Why is this happening, how to fix this error?
      notice: update Windows8.1-KB2959146-x64 could not be integrated, and then transferred to the silent installation.