OnePiece's Internet Explorer 7 True Addon w/updates

kontini

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am quite new to all this and heard some good things about this on ryanvm's forums, and found my way here.

Could I just check that this is a IE7 addon, which has all the IE7 updates included with it, and it can just be integrated using ryanvm or nlite?

What sets this apart from the other IE7 addons?

Cheers,

Panda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you so much for this one.

I've always used to integrate the original IE7 installer with nLite, I will see how this addon works.

Thank you again for maintain it up to date.

EDIT: It worked flawlessly. :)

Edited by Rhor

I'm really new at this slipstreaming stuff, so bear with me.

This'll work with the RTM version of SP3? Does this version need updating? I'm kinda confused given that there's two different addons (this one and http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1104) and the fact that with SP3 M$ updates site won't detect WMP11 and IE7 updates...tho' I think I've slipstreamed all the known WMP updates.

Aw, crap the link is down :dabs:

Edited by hairbautt

I've updated the links to 2.1.1, now the true addon supports xp sp3 build 5512 :D

Kontini, The OnePiece's IE7Addon is just great, but could You guys check for "Show Desktop.lnk" at Taskbar's Quick Lunch toolbar - is missing!

Thanks a lot!

Kontini, The OnePiece's IE7Addon is just great, but could You guys check for "Show Desktop.lnk" at Taskbar's Quick Lunch toolbar - is missing!

Thanks a lot!

I guess the problem can be another addon. I noticed sp3 don't accept

[SourceDisksNames.x86]
1="aaaaaaaaa","xxxxxxxx.cab",,"i386"

so probably you inserted an addon that uses this command and your insallation results incorrect.

I hope you are able to check this in your addons' infs.

Note: Rick's sidebar uses this command.

For those that have SP3... are KB938127 and KB947864 needed to be integrated too?

I've searched on microsoft update site and did'nt get no info about which stuff was fixed on IE7 that they released on 5/6/2008... hope you can help me... ^_^

EDIT: ok... i've seen that the KB947864 need to be intalled even after SP3... but then i've got another question... microsft say that this fix is for SP2 and SP3... but do they mean SP3 5512 or for the other SP3 (not final) because they didn't really released the sp3 5512 to the publiv, just for IT professional's...

Edited by Chac.a.l