XP/W2k3 x86 on Modern Hardware

George King

38 minutes ago, George King said:

Anybody tried this to boot XP in UEFI?

https://github.com/maharmstone/quibble

> If you're booting Windows 7 or earlier in a VM, you will need the OVMF firmware with Seabios compiled in as the Compatibility Support Module (CSM), which isn't normally included. 

This makes it useless as UEFI Class 3 BIOS don't have CSM support. And on UEFI Class 1-2 just use Legacy/CSM/MBR

On 12/21/2021 at 1:34 AM, George King said:

Anybody tried this to boot XP in UEFI?

https://github.com/maharmstone/quibble

Question is - how many people using WinXP x64 on UEFI x64 with original ACPI 1.0 driver on modern PC?

Answer - about zero, only few new motherboards has special acpi1.0 legacy support for WinXP.

Of couse you can make heavy patch of your DSDT to isolate all acpi2.0 syntax and run with ACPI 1.0 driver. Or use acpi x64 driver from longhorn 5048 beta

Edited by Mov AX, 0xDEAD

1 hour ago, infuscomus said:

I got very close to booting XP textmode setup with the server 2008 kernel and HAL - I got up to "Setup is Starting Windows" - no crash, but it stops there.

You are very far to booting XP texmode."Setup is Starting Windows" means all drivers loaded as files to ram. Next stage is code execution, but it stops there (surprise)...

im downloaded 2021.12.19 now it's much more interesting with ACPI.sys acpi 6666 - 2021.8.28 - daniel_k, diderius6 froze the installation for windows xp for a few moments

..but the computer told me this problem
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ..what else should I do about ACPI.SYS ... I replaced some acpi.sys from the intergrator folders but bsod happens with ACPI

hi infuscomus

here are two pictures of hardware issues, although the CPU is totally 64-bit, it doesn't have 32-bit, but it probably won't work, there are 64-bit windows xp, although the integrator is 32-bit, I hope the 32-bit xp will work on a 64-bit processor i have an i9 x series x64 bit

motherboard x299 asus prime x299 deluxe II is my board

please wait my foto big 1,6 4k resolution wait small size resolution im 10 minutes back

Edited by Thor55

57 minutes ago, Thor55 said:

hi infuscomus

here are two pictures of hardware issues, although the CPU is totally 64-bit, it doesn't have 32-bit, but it probably won't work, there are 64-bit windows xp, although the integrator is 32-bit, I hope the 32-bit xp will work on a 64-bit processor i have an Cpu i9 x series x64 bit

motherboard x299 asus prime x299 deluxe II is my board

please wait my foto big 1,6 4k resolution wait small size resolution im 10 minutes back

DSC00009_1.JPG

DSC00016_1.JPG

Edited by Thor55

18 minutes ago, infuscomus said:

@Thor55

hmmm, this seems like it might be something other than ACPI that is failing, possibly USB3.

First lets check if ACPI is working - use the optional patch integrator, integrate only ACPI driver and nothing else, then test.

post screenshot of BSOD if any.

hi

since i integrated acpi with x86 integrator (32 bit and then sent you pictures these two are here .. nothing but acpi integrated

please reply thank you for all the answers

Edited by Thor55

Which options did you choose when you got the 0A BSOD? and what options did you choose when it froze under "Installation starts Windows"?

I only selected the Acpi option and it starts windows before installation and I waited at least 55 seconds and in an instant the message IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL