XP/W2k3 x86 on Modern Hardware

George King

20 minutes ago, infuscomus said:

@Thor55

OK, try - acpi 5048 - 2020.10.24 - daniel_k, diderius6 - see if that makes a difference.

this date is not in the folder in the new intergrator acpi 5048 - 2020.10.24 - daniel_k, diderius6 please send me

i will try everything but i have a lot of time every day, please send this driver because it is not in the folder

Edited by Thor55

1 hour ago, infuscomus said:

@Thor55

OK, try - acpi 5048 - 2020.10.24 - daniel_k, diderius6 - see if that makes a difference.

I tried, as you said, but without success, a message that is ACPI not fully compliant with the file acpi ..acpi.sys, larger than 200 kb, does not go immediately, then passes bsod 1 second

Edited by Thor55

@Dietmar

For XP textmode setup can you check if changing these in txtsetup.sif allows you to connect windbg during text mode setup?

Modifying txtsetup.sif
	If you are developing for XP or 2000, or want some other debug configuration than the default for 2003, you are going to need to change the file txtsetup.sif. The file contains the following line:

OsLoadOptions = "/fastdetect /noguiboot /nodebug"

To invoke the debugger, modify the above line to remove the
	/nodebug and add the desired debug switches, for example:

OsLoadOptions = "/fastdetect /noguiboot /baudrate=115200 /break"

The above will run the debugger off COM1 at 115200 baud and cause the HAL to stop at a breakpoint in the beginning of its initialization. The /break makes it easy to activate the verbose debug tracing to aid in finding the problem. Note that if you are modifying the txtsetup.sif file for Windows Server 2003 you could instead modify the line starting with SetupDebugOptions=. This line in the file contains the options invoked when the F8 key is pressed during setup. Changing this, if you are building a custom CD-ROM will allow you to optionally use the F8 debugger control but use different debug options. Now that you know how to modify txtsetup.sif, you need to get the changes into the installation. There are two ways to do this: Winn32.exe installation or a custom CD-ROM.

5 hours ago, infuscomus said:

@Thor55

Using 192kb acpi.sys do you still get 0A BSOD?

Do you still get 0A BSOD using 192kb acpi.sys?

yes some acpi.sys older date with 192 kb acpi.sys appear bsod exception is this latest acpi 6666 - 2021.8.28 - daniel_k, diderius6 both authors wrote corrections well which is true but unfortunately still Bsod with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

DSC00020_1.thumb.JPG.b7702522ecd0dd23bfe1e7bf3f9da75a.JPG

39 minutes ago, infuscomus said:

@Thor55

switch back to acpi 5048 for a sec, post a screenshot of the A5 BSOD you get.

please answer only this is still bsod
acpi 5048 - 2020.10.24 - daniel_k, diderius6 file is 234 kb long i think it will never work that way but i'm not sure the acpi.sys size is wrong it might be 192kb correct i tried everything in the folder after kind all are bsod

14 minutes ago, infuscomus said:

@Thor55

It is unfortunate that you have such troublesome hardware. Sorry the existing patches do not work for you.

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD @Dietmar

BSOD A5 0x14 - ACPI could not parse the resource descriptor. The length exceeds MAXULONG.

This one is unusual, thoughts?

It is unfortunate that you have such troublesome hardware. Sorry the existing patches do not work for you.

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD @Dietmar

BSOD A5 0x14 - ACPI could not parse source descriptor. Length exceeds MAXULONG.

let me wait for the next fixes when the authors try this asus prime x299 deluxe II board to make the acpi work for future installation each board i don't know if it has anything different acpi in bios acpi generation are set for processor generation settings in bios and more