Can you answer me the following questions:

1. It is possible to get rid of random BSODs when using Windows Vista on AMD Ryzen?

2. It is possible to fix Haswell+ issues on Windows Vista?

3. It is possible to install Windows Vista on UEFI-only PCs by using methods like VgaShim, UefiSeven, disabling VGA method, FlashBoot Pro, etc?

4. Does there is USB 3.0 and NVMe drivers for Vista?

5. Does there is a patched ACPI.sys if you get BSOD 0x000000A5?

6 (optional question). It is possible to add TRIM support into Vista?

And last, but not least question: Does there is eMMC drivers for Windows Vista (and Windows 7, because we can't even install Windows 7 on eMMC drives), and if not, it is possible to backport Windows 8 8056 driver to Windows Vista and 7?

P.S. For me, the important problems is 1, and 4 (except NVMe because I have 2 SATA drives and no NVMe drives). The optional problems for me is 6 (I have 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD drive, and I would like to install Windows Vista on SSD drive, yes, you can install it on SSD, but Vista does not support TRIM, and I heard that SSD lifespan will be shorter than if you use Windows 7 or newer)

Edited by ruslanshchur

• ruslanshchur changed the title to Vista/W2k8 x64 on Modern Hardware
5 hours ago, George King said:

Here you can find script and ported Generic USB3.x driver for 6.0. For ported drivers thanks to @daniel_k

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/tool-powis-powerful-windows-setup-v1-0-3.83558/page-2#post-1663664

Ok, this issue is solved for me, but I have another issue... random BSODs... Vista is just unstable on Ryzen, it can give you random BSODs with random codes (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, etc), and seems that we need to contact win32 (creator of Windows Vista Extended Kernel) about this issue, but seems that he is active only on msfn.org, and I can't sign up to msfn.org because e-mail just does not arrive to me. So, @George King, could you contact win32 about this issue, and, if possible, bring him to this forum, if he is not in this forum? UPD: I found some person called @Win32, maybe he is real win32 UPD 2: No, he is not real win32

Edited by ruslanshchur

On 1/14/2022 at 3:25 PM, ruslanshchur said:

Ok, this issue is solved for me, but I have another issue... random BSODs... Vista is just unstable on Ryzen, it can give you random BSODs with random codes (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, etc), and seems that we need to contact win32 (creator of Windows Vista Extended Kernel) about this issue, but seems that he is active only on msfn.org, and I can't sign up to msfn.org because e-mail just does not arrive to me. So, @George King, could you contact win32 about this issue, and, if possible, bring him to this forum, if he is not in this forum? UPD: I found some person called @Win32, maybe he is real win32 UPD 2: No, he is not real win32

For me email from MSFN was in spam and only appeared after 4 resends. They really need to fix their sign up system lol.

• 4 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 8:24 AM, George King said:

ACPI A5 Patch same as we have for Windows 7

acpi.sys 6.0.6002.24312 (vistasp2_ldr_escrow.180308-1636)

x86

From

84 C0 75 13

To

84 C0 90 90

From

C0 59 59 7D

To

C0 59 90 90

x64

From

84 C0 75 1F

To

84 C0 90 90

From

85 C0 78 2E

To

85 C0 90 90

I have an 11th gen Intel Tiger Lake processor with Lenovo BIOS and UEFI only mode. I tried this patch with Windows 8.0 (6.2) and it Got rid of the A5 BSOD, but when I tried this with Windows 7, it didn't work unfortunately and the A5 BSOD remained. Any advice here?

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2022 at 6:33 PM, Moline said:

I have an 11th gen Intel Tiger Lake processor with Lenovo BIOS and UEFI only mode. I tried this patch with Windows 8.0 (6.2) and it Got rid of the A5 BSOD, but when I tried this with Windows 7, it didn't work unfortunately and the A5 BSOD remained. Any advice here?

Hello all,

I also have tried to edit acpi.sys properly.

Then I got new issue: checksum is not OK during load.

My setup: AMD Athlon AM4 950 processor, a320m-s2h motherboard, ssd patriot GPT table, uefi boot.

Windows Vista sp2 x64 with acpi.sys 6.0.6002.24312 file.

What to to next? How to adjust this checksum or make it work?

• 7 months later...
On 7/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, GRID said:

Hello all,

I also have tried to edit acpi.sys properly.

Then I got new issue: checksum is not OK during load.

My setup: AMD Athlon AM4 950 processor, a320m-s2h motherboard, ssd patriot GPT table, uefi boot.

Windows Vista sp2 x64 with acpi.sys 6.0.6002.24312 file.

What to to next? How to adjust this checksum or make it work?

Download CFF Explorer from here: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=388

Install it and then open up acpi.sys within it. Click on Rebuilder. Uncheck "Rebuild PE Header" and check "Update Checksum" Click "Rebuild" and then the floppy disk. After, copy it back over and then load up Vista by pressing F8->Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. You have to do that every time you boot Vista otherwise either the A5 BSOD will reappear, or it will tell you the digital signature of the file cannot be verified.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 9:35 PM, ramtech said:

Hi. Please can someone share Windows Vista x64 or X86 ISO with acpi.sys 6.0.6002.24312 file. Thank you

Here is the Vista ISO with the newer acpi.sys (albeit it have a newer version of acpi.sys than that version, but the same patch is applicable to the newer version too + it is in Ukrainian only): https://archive.org/details/windows-vista-fully-updated-iso-07-2022-ukrainian-x64